Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Well it isn't really is it - when you look at the names on paper.
    It certainly has some major missing parts though.
    One player we should be all over is Nigel De Jong who United are interested in.

Yeah, he'd be a great signing. If he's really available and United can get him then there's no reason we shouldn't be getting in there ahead of them.

I'm still fairly optimistic about signing someone of De Jong's ilk. We've been linked with a DM all summer and I'd be surprised if we didn't get one - think that'll be all, though.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Leicester 1 Arsenal 1.

Disappointing.

I really hope the word "disappointing" isn't going to be in every post of mine this year!

Theo is the longer term answer upfront.

In the meantime, presumably there is a reason we are aren't trying for Bony?

Price, I guess.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Would be amazing if we could sign Falcao by the end of the night!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Mornings are never good when we dont win our game :(
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Would be amazing if we could sign Falcao by the end of the night!

Someone has signed him and it's not us!

Meanwhile, all seem quiet on the Arsene front so far..:(
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    Someone has signed him and it's not us!

Meanwhile, all seem quiet on the Arsene front so far..:(

Argh another one bites the dust.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arsene's been spotted at an airport flying to Rome!

... He's refereeing a charity match there this evening. You couldn't make it up.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    :D:D

Day is still young. Confident will sign a player or maybe two, but we certanly won't be troubling Chelsea for the title.

It seems fourth it is. Wenger's challenged himself to get CL football with Sanogo leading the line when United have Rooney/Falcao and Liverpool are bolstered with Balotelli.

Still think Shad Forsythe will be our most important signing though, which was made early.
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »

... He's refereeing a charity match there this evening. You couldn't make it up.

...and whilst there, he'll try to bring back Gervinho :D
    Forum Member
    Missing: Arsene Wenger's chequebook has been reported missing, last seen on Copacabana Beach in July.
    @_arsenal__news
    Forum Member
    United have replaced RVP before we have!
    Forum Member
    So thats Falcao gone then, who's left?
    I'm not hopeful for this at all :(
    Forum Member

Well, if the latest Twitter rumour is to be believed, we have apparently replaced him with....wait for it..Jermaine Defoe!
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    Well, if the latest Twitter rumour is to be believed, we have apparently replaced him with....wait for it..Jermaine Defoe!

QPR would be more likely.

Arsene gone to Rome? Hopefully has remembered to delegate responsibility for completing the plethora of new signings that are due for completion today.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit annoyed by Wenger's comment yesterday that everyone thinks all you need is a new p!ayer when you aren't playing well. No one I know is saying that at all. The issue of not playing well or not turning up is a separate one. People want us to buy players because we are short and need them. Nothing to do with anything else. We are short of players in critical positions.
    Forum Member
    We definitely need a shit hot striker. Someone who will for the most part bury a chance if given it.

It's a waste of money having creative players like Ozil Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey etc. if there is nobody to get on the end of their work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to mention the fact that there are only 6 senior defenders in our squad and two of them are injured.

If we're playing Chambers as the backup centre back, what was the logic in letting Jenks go?
    Forum Member
    Not to mention the fact that there are only 6 senior defenders in our squad and two of them are injured.

If we're playing Chambers as the backup centre back, what was the logic in letting Jenks go?

Miquel is also going today according to reports. On his way to Norwich.
    Forum Member
    I heard rumours Campbell was going as well (another loan?) You couldnt make this up.
    If anything Sanogo should go on loan.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Ornstein reckons we're done for the window. Blimey.

Wenger better brush up on his tactics against the top teams, or we'll be toast. I still think we'll finish fourth mind.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

Day is still young. Confident will sign a player or maybe two, but we certanly won't be troubling Chelsea for the title.

It seems fourth it is. Wenger's challenged himself to get CL football with Sanogo leading the line when United have Rooney/Falcao and Liverpool are bolstered with Balotelli.

Still think Shad Forsythe will be our most important signing though, which was made early.

We were never going to win the league this season it was always been Ch Chavs and City. Even if AW brought Falcao etc, he'd bench him for Sanongo anyway lol.

Well Ivan and Dick need to be working hard tb.
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    So thats Falcao gone then, who's left?
    I'm not hopeful for this at all :(

Welll Canvini and Reus are still there but realistically we could get Bony or Welbeck, so we'll get Zigic loool
    DavidT wrote: »
    A bit annoyed by Wenger's comment yesterday that everyone thinks all you need is a new p!ayer when you aren't playing well. No one I know is saying that at all. The issue of not playing well or not turning up is a separate one. People want us to buy players because we are short and need them. Nothing to do with anything else. We are short of players in critical positions.

Same old with him, maybe if he planned better we'd not be in this mess, its how own fault and where are Ivan and Dick.

True but UTD know they have to they want to get back into CL footie and win the league as well. We on the other hand are a club with no ambition and a manager who is just not good enough anymore. If we don't bring at least a Bony/Benteke then we can forget about the top 4 not even the league.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me if we are done to be honest. A couple more injuries especially up front and we will be royally fooked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I heard rumours Campbell was going as well (another loan?) You couldnt make this up.
    If anything Sanogo should go on loan.

If this happens and no one comes in, then Wenger needs to resign tomorrow. Guess its a case of watch this space.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if we are done to be honest. A couple more injuries especially up front and we will be royally fooked.

Wemger must enjoyed being Jose's bitch tbh.
    Ornstein reckons we're done for the window. Blimey.

Wenger better brush up on his tactics against the top teams, or we'll be toast. I still think we'll finish fourth mind.

The same guy who said we'd be in for a DM and CB? Sky still think we could get something.
This discussion has been closed.