Options

Teen Wolf Season 3 - Sky Living Strikes Again!

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did NOT see that coming! :o
    I'd read speculation that Allison may die, but in fairness I'd read speculation concerning pretty much everyone :D. I'd also read a character would die this week, but expected one of the core characters to die in the finale. Even then, during the scene I started thinking "Oh, so Isaac's going to die", as they were clearly building it up that way, so when Allison was stabbed, my jaw hit the floor. :o

Also, the Nogitsune taking control of the Oni explains the scene from the promo of the Oni rampaging through a hospital.

Very surprising, but an excellent episode!
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I did NOT see that coming! :o
    I'd read speculation that Allison may die, but in fairness I'd read speculation concerning pretty much everyone :D. I'd also read a character would die this week, but expected one of the core characters to die in the finale. Even then, during the scene I started thinking "Oh, so Isaac's going to die", as they were clearly building it up that way, so when Allison was stabbed, my jaw hit the floor. :o

Also, the Nogitsune taking control of the Oni explains the scene from the promo of the Oni rampaging through a hospital.

Very surprising, but an excellent episode!

To everything in the spoiler, same :D:o.
    So I'm assuming that Kira is Scotts end game now? I'm so here for that.
    Who was the person shooting the twins (i expected that they'd be the ones to die until the last 10 minutes). I feel like it could have been Braeden, hired by Deaucalion to kill the Twins but then from Mr Argents expression from the bullets it felt like it could have been a dead family member?[/spoiler
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seeing as everyone is putting who died in spoilers I'll do the same whilst I'm sad Alison died as I did like her character I think it would feel more epic if her & Scott were still a couple it felt weird her dying in his arms after basically admitting she was into Isaac!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that they killed off Allison as it leaves only one Argent. She was my least favourite character but I thought they'd keep her for the balance. Is Mr Argent going to go a bit loopy in the last episode? He's lost his wife, sister and now his daughter.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kine wrote: »
    I'm surprised that they killed off Allison as it leaves only one Argent. She was my least favourite character but I thought they'd keep her for the balance. Is Mr Argent going to go a bit loopy in the last episode? He's lost his wife, sister and now his daughter.
    How do we know they aren't bringing in more Argents, though. Papa A seemed to recognise those shell casings in the woods, (it was him, right? my memory says so but for some reason I'm now thinking it was Derek:blush:).

I hope Papa A doesn't start shooting the pack after this. I like him as a good guy.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I seem to be the only one who is gutted it was her. I saw it coming what with the fans treating Crystal like shit and given that everyone else has been seen on the set of S4 but that final scene of hers was so painful. She was my favourite female and I wish Jeff had given her a little more to do knowing she was dying at the end of the season. I mean she was seeing her dead aunt and getting strange phone calls that has just seemed to be dropped??

And I really do love Kira but they've basically made her an Allison 2.0 when there is clearly much more too her character and family. I wish they'd started her and Scott off with something different rather than just rehashing his scenes with Allison.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shall we drop the season 3 spoilers now? I think all of us regulars have seen it by now.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I seem to be the only one who is gutted it was her. I saw it coming what with the fans treating Crystal like shit and given that everyone else has been seen on the set of S4 but that final scene of hers was so painful.

Why? How have the fans been treating her badly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    Shall we drop the season 3 spoilers now? I think all of us regulars have seen it by now.

Agree. Show of hands?
  • Options
    madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew one was going to die but I had no Idea who it would be. I was quite shocked actually. This show really has gone from strength to strength though and never fails to deliver. Theres not many that can say the same. I hope sky are kicking themselves very hard for dropping this series. But I am actually glad they did, because they would probably have cut it to shreds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will MTV announce more episodes? I know there are 12 to come in season 4 but I'm eager to hear of even more. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    Why? How have the fans been treating her badly?

I'm sure this isn't the only factor but throughout season 2 when she went "darker" the more immature parts of the fandom seemed to spend the majority of the season calling for Crystal and Allison's death (because you know they're the same person). She's said she now has to avoid twitter a lot due to trends like #killallison and the behaviour of certain parts of the fandom. Then there have been interviews and stuff where fans have sent questions in and for some reason they insist on asking her the ones that focus on how much people dislike Allison or the ones that are like why is Allison such a ****/why has she started dressing like a ****?

Then I saw I think it was the guy that plays papa stilinski tweeting how Jeff let her out of her contract early for her happiness which makes me think there is more to the whole leaving cause I'm nearly 30 thing.

I just find it sad that people can't dislike a character without taking it out on the actor personally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure this isn't the only factor but throughout season 2 when she went "darker" the more immature parts of the fandom seemed to spend the majority of the season calling for Crystal and Allison's death (because you know they're the same person). She's said she now has to avoid twitter a lot due to trends like #killallison and the behaviour of certain parts of the fandom. Then there have been interviews and stuff where fans have sent questions in and for some reason they insist on asking her the ones that focus on how much people dislike Allison or the ones that are like why is Allison such a ****/why has she started dressing like a ****?

Then I saw I think it was the guy that plays papa stilinski tweeting how Jeff let her out of her contract early for her happiness which makes me think there is more to the whole leaving cause I'm nearly 30 thing.

I just find it sad that people can't dislike a character without taking it out on the actor personally.

I don't use twitter so I missed that. Not very nice at all. Weren't people on twitter having a go at Anna Gunn for Skylar's character in Breaking Bad?

I don't think it's the fault of Crystal. The writers didn't make her a very likeable character.

TBH, all the Argents haven't had the same appeal for me as Scott, Stiles, Derek and the rest.

I didn't like Allison's mum. I thought they were too groomed for someone who's supposed to be involved with werewolf slaying. They'd be more suited for a business/intrigue type of programme.

Scott's mum is very likeable and the writers have given her some great lines, especially after she found out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Allison's mum.

I thought she was fantastic. I was gutted when they killed her off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deivu74 wrote: »
    I thought she was fantastic. I was gutted when they killed her off.

She terrified me. I think it was the eyes.
  • Options
    Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I normally wait for the episodes to become available in HD before I get them but this week I just couldn't wait. I needed to see what happened and who would or wouldn't survive. :p
    Thought it was a really tense and exciting finale and I was fearful that Melissa was going to bite the bullet with the way she seemed to be failing fast after being slashed. It was a big relief when she lived. Same goes for Deputy Parrish. Since he didn't get a sword through him like most of the other officers at the station I reckon he's destined for a major role next season, along with Malia who I have to confess I still haven't warmed to yet.

I was pretty much resigned to this being the last appearence of the twins, but I still felt really sad when Aiden died - in fact I think I was more upset here than I was when Allison pegged it last week - maybe it was seeing Ethan sobbing over his dying brother that did it. :blush::( Still, I'm glad they redeemed themselves in the end. I was always rooting for that to happen.

Not so sure about Danny's little break-up quip to Ethan though. Admittedly it was amusing and did also seem to be a response to all the fan gripes about Danny still being in the dark to all the supernatural stuff going on around him, but it did come across as a little forced to me and reminded me too much of the bit in the Lost Boys when the seemingly oblivious grandpa says the town would be a nice place to live "if it wasn't for all the damned vampires!"

So those bullets belonged to Kate Argent. She looked more Kanima than werewolf to me when she changed at the end. Can't wait to see Peter's face when he finds out she's back, or Chris Argent's for that matter!

Not as long to wait for the next season as I expected. Roll on June 23rd. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff, it's still by far my favourite show on the tv at the moment but...

The action is breakneck now, to the point I feel they're not focusing enough on fallout and character relationships. That's not a big niggle, honest, but I feel like this second half of the season needed more of that. Maybe when it returns they'll take a breath or two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still never sure whether to put what's happened in spoilers but I will do just in case ;-)
    while I'm glad that Stiles survived unharmed (I think me & Teen Wolf would be done if he'd died!) I was abit annoyed there didn't seem to be much fallout from the deaths mostly Alison's but even Ethan didn't seem too cut up about Aiden dying I mean seriously who'd be at school the day after their twin brother died?!!

But the bit that I was most annoyed about was Kate Argents return >:(>:( I HATED her character in season 1 & was sooooo glad she got killed off so who's bright idea was it to bring her back again :o
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Wow. Best Teen Wolf season finale yet!
    I'm so happy that Melissa didn't die, she's one of the best characters and I can't stand Scott's dad, I didn't want him to be raising Scott, I literally can't find anything redeeming about him except for the fact that he saved Stiles' dad's job even though it was his fault that he almost lost it.

I was kind of hoping that the Twins died just because I'd rather a smaller pack and they're kind of annoying but I can't deal with the fact that only one died, it's not fair, I feel so bad for the other twin. I loved Danny's reaction to the breakup though but I bet he's got some kind of supernatural skill.

I'm glad Kate is coming back, I'd rather Chris' wife come back because she was a pure badass but Kate is such a great villain but I need to leave Derek alone :(. I'm assuming he doesn't die from the gun shot but I'm sure she will torture him :(.

It's good that Malia might be joining the pack too, the whole show is lacking females, they literally keep dying. I hope she will be Lydia's new friend because I think she's going to need one :(.

Also a Teen Wolf character that survived Season 3 won't be coming back for Season 4. I don't know if this classes as a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway with the source.
    Isaac isn't coming back. He asked Jeff not to kill his character off though for a chance to return, probably in case he isn't successful in the upcoming pilot season.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/524783/teen-wolf-shocker-find-out-which-fan-favorite-is-not-returning-for-season-4

It's annoying that Jackson, Cora and now Isaac have just left without clarity over their storylines...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isaac isn't coming back. He asked Jeff not to kill his character off though for a chance to return, probably in case he isn't successful in the upcoming pilot season.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/524783/teen-wolf-shocker-find-out-which-fan-favorite-is-not-returning-for-season-4

It's annoying that Jackson, Cora and now Isaac have just left without clarity over their storylines...

Whaaaat!:o Noooo:(
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great end to a great season.
    All the solutions were in plain sight but nobody picked up on them (The silver arrow, werewolf bite & the box) which was great. It did a really good job of putting secondary characters in peril and made it believable that anyone of them would die. I was particularly worried about Melissa as the episode progressed. Not surprised by the death tho, everyone suspected one or both of the twins would bite it.

Kate Argent's return was brilliantly executed. I completely forgot she was scratched when she was 'killed' in season 1. I wonder if anyone will figure out what were creature she is, as like the Kanima she's taken a very different form.

Looks like Malia & Kira are becoming regulars next season which isn't a bad thing in my view :)

A few season 4 hints in the link below

http://tvline.com/2014/03/25/teen-wolf-season-4-spoilers-kate-returns-isaac-leaving/

So season 4 returns on my birthday (technically I wont get to watch it the day after), is it too early to dibs the creation of the season 4 thread? :p
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    It's Living's loss. Teen wolf season 3 has been the best series yet. BY FAR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I'm still never sure whether to put what's happened in spoilers but I will do just in case ;-)
    while I'm glad that Stiles survived unharmed (I think me & Teen Wolf would be done if he'd died!) I was abit annoyed there didn't seem to be much fallout from the deaths mostly Alison's but even Ethan didn't seem too cut up about Aiden dying I mean seriously who'd be at school the day after their twin brother died?!!

But the bit that I was most annoyed about was Kate Argents return >:(>:( I HATED her character in season 1 & was sooooo glad she got killed off so who's bright idea was it to bring her back again :o
    Stiles is definitely my favourite character. He does the humour brilliantly, loved the banter between him and Derek in the earlier seasons, and now he's done evil brilliantly too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiles is definitely my favourite character. He does the humour brilliantly, loved the banter between him and Derek in the earlier seasons, and now he's done evil brilliantly too.

Dylan has proved how good of an actor he is this season he always did comedy well but the evil stuff has been so well done I just hope he sticks with teen wolf & doesn't leave to do films (I know he's in one this year so it could happen :o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we can cease with the spoiler tags now.