Options

Can’t Pay? We’ll Take It Away! Channel 5

Comments

• Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    The fact that the landlord is owed their money is not the point.

The point is a mother and her two small children have nowhere to sleep, and no one other than the bailiffs is helping her.

The point is the mother ignored repeated warnings she would be evicted, guess what ? she was evicted.

She is allegedly intelligent, her stupid behaviour indicates otherwise.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching this and I'm horrified for this poor woman. The council just don't want to know, poor lass how on earth is she expected to support herself and children with no income and in a town that she doesn't know. The kids have also been taken away from their school and friends.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One way ticket to Southend On Sea, just so they don't have to deal with her anymore, Southend On Sea Council will have to, disgraceful that, shes got 2 kids as well :(

He should have stuck one on that Mr Wright guy tbh :D
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Centaurion wrote: »
    The point is the mother ignored repeated warnings she would be evicted, guess what ? she was evicted.

She didn't ignore it, she asked for help and was turned down, and she found herself another job. It looks like she was trying her best but was just stuck.

And no one is arguing the fact that she was evicted, no issue with that at all. But where does she go from here? That's the point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    In the Radio Times, Episode 1 is described as "Paul Bohill arrives on former professional footballer Neil 'Razor' Ruddock's doorstep."

I wonder what happened to that episode?
  • Options
    cazzmo1cazzmo1 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Paul. Is my brother in law. I can tell you now that the so called wig you keep referring to is 100% his own hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    syymon wrote: »
    In the Radio Times, Episode 1 is described as "Paul Bohill arrives on former professional footballer Neil 'Razor' Ruddock's doorstep."

Looking like Razor finally managed to get it pulled. I would of too if I had a wife that spoke like she was out of the gutter in front of children and TV cameras.
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syymon wrote: »

Channel 5's website appear to be listing this as Episode 2 now.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet thats a good one, Razor won't be happy :D
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »

Very harsh!
    She worked for eight years, lost her job.
    She has a job now , minimum wage , only for a few hours.not enough to live to live on
    No one would help her
    The council should be ashamed
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Channel 5's website appear to be listing this as Episode 2 now.
    It wasn't on the trailer for next week's episode, so I wonder if they are going to show it at all now.

Footage from it is still on the Mirror website:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/cant-pay-well-take-away-4275287
  • Options
    able1able1 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzmo1 wrote: »
    Paul. Is my brother in law. I can tell you now that the so called wig you keep referring to is 100% his own hair.

He should get a wig, it would look more natural.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    Biggins getting physical :o:o:D:D

which is illegal

they cant force entry on residential

Reasonable force doesn't include the following, because they are all ways in which the bailiff isn't allowed to enter your home or premises:

pushing you or anyone else out of the way
    getting in through an open window
    breaking a window to get in
    taking up floorboards to access part of your property
    climbing over a fence or wall.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which is illegal

they cant force entry on residential

Reasonable force doesn't include the following, because they are all ways in which the bailiff isn't allowed to enter your home or premises:

pushing you or anyone else out of the way
    getting in through an open window
    breaking a window to get in
    taking up floorboards to access part of your property
    climbing over a fence or wall.

But they are not bailiffs...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The situation with the woman being evicted and council is a tough one. It's all well and good hitting out at the council, but in central London there is a huge lack of even emergency accommodation. Councils can't just whip up a conveniently located house for them to stay instantly.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    But they are not bailiffs...

so what

same rules apply they cant force entry

http://www.hceoa.org.uk/faq/other-types-of-enforcement.html

High Court Enforcement Officers and County Court Bailiffs have a series of rules to comply with in the enforcement of the Court’s judgment. The most important of these is that enforcement officers have no right to force entry into residential premises although they are entitled to force entry into commercial premises such as shops, offices, warehouses and even workshops at the debtor’s home which are not attached to the main home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the tussle not start when the officer was asked to remove his foot from the door way ?
    It all seemed fairly amicable up till then.

This C5 prog is tending to show more distressing eviction cases than the BBC Balliff show which concentrated more on shifting smelly squatters and squeezing dodgy motor dealers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so what

High Court Enforcement Officers and County Court Bailiffs have a series of rules to comply with in the enforcement of the Court’s judgment. The most important of these is that enforcement officers have no right to force entry into residential premises although they are entitled to force entry into commercial premises such as shops, offices, warehouses and even workshops at the debtor’s home which are not attached to the main home.

They didn't force entry :confused: The door was well open and he was already inside. Forcing entry refers to breaking down doors or breaking windows. If it's open (or even unlocked) they can go in.

It's actually an offence for the other guy to try and obstruct him (TCA 2007)

In any case, the writ could potentially give the power to force entry even to a residential property.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    I've been watching this and I'm horrified for this poor woman. The council just don't want to know, poor lass how on earth is she expected to support herself and children with no income and in a town that she doesn't know. The kids have also been taken away from their school and friends.
    The rest of us are expected to deal with moving to a new town. She moved here from Ghana, hardly just down the road.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt really sad for the lady and her 2 kids. She was working, getting no benefits, and trying to pay her rent and eat/survive off her part-time wage of £50 per week?? Have I got that right? :confused:

That guy with a heart who tried to help her and her situation, he deserves some sort of a humanitarian medal. He's the sort of person I want to know in my life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »

That guy with a heart who tried to help her and her situation, he deserves some sort of a humanitarian medal. He's the sort of person I want to know in my life.

Who is he and what is his name btw? I really feel I should start some sort of appreciation thread for him. Not many like him left in the world these days, unfortunately.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    rockjack wrote: »
    I thought immigrants are entitled to benefits ??

The Daily Mail and the Express would certainly like you to think so.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    so what

No lawyer are you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jequila wrote: »
    Who is he and what is his name btw? I really feel I should start some sort of appreciation thread for him. Not many like him left in the world these days, unfortunately.

His name is Paul Bohill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzmo1 wrote: »
    His name is Paul Bohill.

Nice man, but not really cut out for the ruthlessness of the job if he gets all Mother Teresa at the first sign of a fictional hard luck story.
This discussion has been closed.