GTA : Episodes from LC delayed 2 weeks

alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
Forum Member
From 1up
Been holding out for Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City on PC or PlayStation 3? You're going to have to wait just a bit longer. Developer Rockstar Games sent word today that the newly multiplatform episodes won't be making their originally announced release date of March 30; instead, expect The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned to finally hit PS3 and PC on April 13 in North America (April 16 everywhere else).

So what's up with the delay? Apparently Rockstar opted to make some "minor content changes" to the PS3's PAL version of the game at the request of Sony Europe. What these changes are, exactly, remains unclear, but a representative from Rockstar assured us that the alterations won't affect players' enjoyment of the games. They also noted that the adjustments have nothing to do with the requirements of any local ratings boards.

We'll let you know as soon as we know anything more about whatever it is Sony wanted cut from (or added to?) Episodes from Liberty City.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's exclusive content? There's no other reason for Sony to tell them to change some content if not. Shame it's coming out the same day as the new Splinter Cell. Might have to delay getting one of them.
  • ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig // wrote: »
    I wonder if it's exclusive content? There's no other reason for Sony to tell them to change some content if not. Shame it's coming out the same day as the new Splinter Cell. Might have to delay getting one of them.

I think you may have answered your own question, maybe Sony wanted it to go head to head with Splinter Cell.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Doubt it. More likely Sony just objected to a scene or reference that passed the age rating but panicked the platform holder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, also SCEE includes Australia, the home of video game censorship.
    They might of had some issues with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the thing, I'm pretty sure the 360 version was released there with no censorship.
  • mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it might have been a reference to the xbox 360 or an sarcastic reference to the PS3 on the the ingame internet, or Television programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, can't remember anything like that in it. Although it did have a Red Ringed Xbox 360 in one of the characters apartment which was a nice easter egg. If I were Sony, I would of kept that in! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that was Luis' apartment on TBoGT.
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just the DLC thats delayed or the physical disc too?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    grilli wrote: »
    Is it just the DLC thats delayed or the physical disc too?

Physical Disc, SCEE has requested some Internet and TV content to be edited, so the EU Version of the game will be cut for some mysterious reason! Import folks, don't give into the EU's censorship that let the 360 version go by uncut!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Physical Disc, SCEE has requested some Internet and TV content to be edited, so the EU Version of the game will be cut for some mysterious reason! Import folks, don't give into the EU's censorship that let the 360 version go by uncut!

We wil find out it might be something better like specifying an higher bitrate for the video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's improvements then I'll buy the EU version. If not then I'll get it imported.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    mad_dude wrote: »
    We wil find out it might be something better like specifying an higher bitrate for the video.

A two week delay is too short for anything but a minor cut.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    A two week delay is too short for anything but a minor cut.

On a professional encoder kit a all the video could be encoded in a matter of hours.