Grimm Season 1 (US Pace)

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    They're also going to air an upcoming episode on a Thursday night instead of Friday to see how it does.

Ep 5 aired last night, Ep 6 will be on tonight.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Have they changed the night due to poor audience figures?? It seems strange that they'd place it on a Thursday due to The Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle airing on the CW on a Thursday night (when they return). I would have thought perhaps doing a Grimm/Once Upon A Time double on a Sunday might work, though based on similar tales, one's dark and one's light it would be an interesting combination.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Have they changed the night due to poor audience figures?? It seems strange that they'd place it on a Thursday due to The Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle airing on the CW on a Thursday night (when they return). I would have thought perhaps doing a Grimm/Once Upon A Time double on a Sunday might work, though based on similar tales, one's dark and one's light it would be an interesting combination.
    Quite the opposite actually!

Grimm is doing very well on Friday nights.... so they decided to test it out on a different night as Friday night television usually generates less viewers...it pulled in roughly the same audience as it would on a Friday night (slightly less) so I think it will be staying put in its Friday slot

"Grimm has been beating Fox’s Fringe on Friday nights and has often rivaled CBS’ CSI: NY in the 9 p.m. slot, too. The show has also improved its time period by 50 percent for the network (the show is averaging 6.9 million viewers and a 2.3 adult demo rating when DVR is added). In fact, NBC is going to give Grimm a shot on Thursday nights — airing an episode in the Prime Suspect slot at 10 p.m. Dec. 8. At the very least, the move might get Grimm some additional sampling."
    Forum Member
    Densino wrote: »
    Quite the opposite actually!

Grimm is doing very well on Friday nights.... so they decided to test it out on a different night as Friday night television usually generates less viewers...it pulled in roughly the same audience as it would on a Friday night (slightly less) so I think it will be staying put in its Friday slot

"Grimm has been beating Fox’s Fringe on Friday nights and has often rivaled CBS’ CSI: NY in the 9 p.m. slot, too. The show has also improved its time period by 50 percent for the network (the show is averaging 6.9 million viewers and a 2.3 adult demo rating when DVR is added). In fact, NBC is going to give Grimm a shot on Thursday nights — airing an episode in the Prime Suspect slot at 10 p.m. Dec. 8. At the very least, the move might get Grimm some additional sampling."

I wasn't sure and had read somewhere online this week the viewing figures weren't as hot as some had hoped. I can't recall where. Yet, I was aware the network was behind the show, so looking at other nights might have been the idea.

The Thursday night slot as I indicated seemed a strange one as I said previously as TVD and SC, may be aimed at a slightly younger demographic, but they would draw a fair bit of Grimm's viewers and unless it went head to head with say SC, it would suffer some what.

However, I'm glad to see it doing so well. It's got that something about it that makes it enjoyable to watch. Perhaps it's the familiarity of the tales or characters as such which makes it watchable.
    Forum Member
    Oh episode 6 was good, I really enjoyed it, for me it might have been the best one yet. I enjoyed the small background we got on Monroe and how his character developed some what and how we find him as we do today. I felt so sorry for him at the end, I wanted this one to finish happily ever after, but it wasn't and I suppose couldn't be.

With regards to the season, something that I'm enjoying quite a bit is the slow reveal of the big bad as such. We've had an indication as to who it is, but no reason as to why and quite a few of the stories have not even touched on it. You know sometimes that makes things better as right now I've got an idea, but no clue as to why or what they are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh episode 6 was good, I really enjoyed it, for me it might have been the best one yet. I enjoyed the small background we got on Monroe and how his character developed some what and how we find him as we do today. I felt so sorry for him at the end, I wanted this one to finish happily ever after, but it wasn't and I suppose couldn't be.

With regards to the season, something that I'm enjoying quite a bit is the slow reveal of the big bad as such. We've had an indication as to who it is, but no reason as to why and quite a few of the stories have not even touched on it. You know sometimes that makes things better as right now I've got an idea, but no clue as to why or what they are.

I've still only seen the first two episodes...but i really like it, thats why I like to keep up with ratings and that! Hopefully I can have a big catchup next weekend :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought perhaps doing a Grimm/Once Upon A Time double on a Sunday might work, though based on similar tales, one's dark and one's light it would be an interesting combination.

Grimm = NBC

Once Upon A Time = ABC
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fav TV lady appeared in the Fri ep :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    My fav TV lady appeared in the Fri ep :D

Jaime Ray Newman? :)

I loved her in Eureka. She was also in Stargate Atlantis, although unfortunately only for a couple of episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ and Eastwick and Veronica Mars and E-Ring :D

As for her Eureka stint, I wish it'd been longer and the ptb had had her replace the "off to give birth" boss lady permanently, but no, it just wasn't meant to be. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... what about the hiker guy the scumbag brothers kidnapped and held in their basement? :confused:
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    So... what about the hiker guy the scumbag brothers kidnapped and held in their basement? :confused:

I presume the Police would search the Brothers houses and find him (especially if his wife had reported him missing). A brief scene of him being found would have been good though.

Were both Brothers killed? I presume Holly broke the neck of the one but not sure if the one Nick shot was dead or not. I guess he was otherwise it will come out that Eddie was in the woods with Nick.

Really want to know how Nick explained what happened (without mentioning Eddie of course).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also curious if he told the adopt mom about her kids "specialness", and if Eddie was going to keep in contact, what with them being alike.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a very odd episode with not enough loose ends tied up, or explained. It was almost as if they cut 5 minutes out of it. Getting a bit fed up of it being centred about Blootbots ( sp?) though. Not enough progression in the main baddie story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode last night....I think it has improved massively since the early episodes
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Pinkvelvet wrote: »
    It was a very odd episode with not enough loose ends tied up, or explained. It was almost as if they cut 5 minutes out of it. Getting a bit fed up of it being centred about Blootbots ( sp?) though. Not enough progression in the main baddie story.

THAT is exactly my problem with the show.

I keep watching every week hoping it will get better or improve in some way but it doesn't look like (well to me anyway) that this is going to happen.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtglayer wrote: »
    Watch the latest episode called Beeware OMG it is awful.The CGI is terrible.The lead actor is very bland.The only thing I liked was the Hot blonde.:p

I'm also enjoying this series so far but agree that sometimes the special effects let it down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Nice to see Grimm has been picked up in the UK.

Watch has a trailer with Grimm "coming soon".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this show is improving alot!

The only thing that annoys me sometimes is the cgi is awful!

I bet the network didn't have much faith in it since everything on nbc seems to fail nowadays so they gave it a crappy budget!

I bet the cgi will improve greatly for season 2 (inevitable since its doing so well in the ratings. eg latest episode of Fringe = 3mill viewers, Grimm = 6mill viewers, Same time slot aswell)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grimm starts on Watch in the UK Monday 13th February 2012 at 9pm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimm_(TV_series)

lucky enough with my package will be able to watch it in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm starts on Watch in the UK Monday 13th February 2012 at 9pm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimm_(TV_series)

lucky enough with my package will be able to watch it in HD.
    This is the US Pace thread......so obviously people here have already been watching it! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    This is the US Pace thread......so obviously people here have already been watching it! :)

Well there may be people from the UK who may be unaware of the UK dates - so what harm has been done ?
  • ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really am enjoying this, the eye candy of David Guintoli helps of course, but I love the relationship between Nick and Monroe, their scenes together are more often amusing and Monroe is such a great character in general. Slightly odd that he's a wolf played by Silas WEIR Mitchell though lol

I'm now caught up with the US so looking forward to watching tonights episode tomorrow. Was anyone else screaming "Thats a Deadmau5 rip off!!" at the TV when DJ kitty was on?
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still finding this a little too simple, would like more darkness and a more adult orientated show. A real horror version. :)

It's at the bottom of my pile each week and only still watch because of Monroe. If he wasn't in it I would have scrapped it.
    Forum Member
    Oh spiders... That was quite yakky to be honest, I've no fear of spiders, but that whole story was :eek: . Well played to the story writers on this one, though after the conclusion of last week I was hoping we'd get more about who was on the phone to the chief... Still it's an enjoyable show for a Saturday morning...