L'Wren Scott Found dead In New York Apartment

2»

Comments

• The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Bluescope wrote: »
    It is sad really a lot of these famous people have the money and lifestyle most of us want but they don't seem happy. They could do so much with their talent and money for the world but don't see to be able to cope with it. It does not give the rest of us much hope :)

The irony of your comment is evident given that it could be the big money problems her fashion house was in. Reports say her company was in deep debt and she cancelled a show at the London Fashion week just last month.

As for comments asking why hasn't MJ paid off her debts. We don't know anything but maybe he has contributed and it's continued to lose money. She must have had some pride. A failed company hurts very much and could well have been a big factor in her depression. It's not about being bailed out by your partner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Blimey. They're dropping like flies recently.

Watching the news report immediately thought of Philip Seymour Hoffman again - though his drug overdose wasn't suicide - which this apparently was.

The trial and tribulations of money, power and fame and the pressure of it hmmm in particularly money and debts in L'Wren Scott's case - absolutely tragic IMO -

As was in the news report what an appalling conclusion to what an incredible life - the body being driven away from her apartment in the back of a coroner's van, in the way that it was.

RIP.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard that, the more these rich old men have the more they don't want to part with it.

It's when they ask the average Joe to hand over money it gets really irksome.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    depression doesn`t care about what`s in your wallet or how happy your life looks to others.

So true. :(
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok I'll be the first to say I've never heard of her, even with a name like that.

Me neither, Mick kept her quiet, I thought it was Ell Wren.:confused:
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    The irony of your comment is evident given that it could be the big money problems her fashion house was in. Reports say her company was in deep debt and she cancelled a show at the London Fashion week just last month.

As for comments asking why hasn't MJ paid off her debts. We don't know anything but maybe he has contributed and it's continued to lose money. She must have had some pride. A failed company hurts very much and could well have been a big factor in her depression. It's not about being bailed out by your partner.

I agree with this post. MJ might have offered her money and he might not have. I don't believe that any girlfriend of his would be out on the streets even if she did lose everything so its a bit unfair to drag him in to this. In all likelihood she just couldn't cope with her business going down. Very sad that she thought this was the only way out.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the woman was so ashamed over her financial problems.. and alhtough her dresses sold to the stars it seems they didnt catch on in the shops, and werent selling well...her ex housekeeper has said that she wanted to marry and have a family with Mick and tried to ignore his philandering... Ive read too that hes a meanie or why wouldnt he be giving his cash from shows to charity.. he wants more for himslef... what sticks in my mind was a youtube video I watched of him leaving an award ceremony in the States.... Brad and angelina left before him.. Brad held the door of the car for Angie and helped her in...... while Mick hid in a doorway squinting one way then the other as if he was suspecting he might be bumped off then rushed down the stiars on his own and into a car while his girlfirend , who I take was this lady, walked down the stiars alone and into the car..... a gentleman to the end... :(