Masterchef South Africa

167891012»

Comments

• clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    Has someone told Sanet that this is not about her?

would it have made a difference? :)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mind you, liver brulee? Yeuch.
    Forum Member
    Karmini ahead again in round 2, 'problems with the caramelisation' - just say it's burnt! - has done for Leandri
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno - seeing Sanet has made me realise that since she left, this has been pretty boring. I don't care who wins, and I don't really care what they cook. But at least when Sanet was in it, I had feelings.
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I dunno - seeing Sanet has made me realise that since she left, this has been pretty boring. I don't care who wins, and I don't really care what they cook. But at least when Sanet was in it, I had feelings.

never mind, MC NZ and MC UK start next week!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    would it have made a difference? :)

Haha nope!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    never mind, MC NZ and MC UK start next week!

Hm. I don't think I'm THAT much of a masochist.
    Forum Member
    What a weird way of announcing it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was all really underwhelming and a bit dull, imo.

I'm just catching up on MCA 4 that has been recording in the mornings - I'm up to the elimination challenge with Wade, Alice and Ben and the weird calamari/snapper/squid dish thing. And I'd forgotten how LOVELY Alice is. In fact, I don't remember thinking she was lovely last time round, I seem to remember finding her quite hard work. But she's so funny! And so good when they're interacting with the public and having to sell their team. She just said 'that'll do calamari!' to her food, in what I can only guess is a Sheep Pig reference. It reminded me of (was it?) Cassidy and her 'good luck little cakes!' in the junior series...
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I found it dull & underwhelming too Elanor. I knew who the winner was but I still thought they both ( well most of them throughout the series) didn't cook great, amazing food given their ingredients - the children in MC Australia were far better!

Sanet back on form!:D

Oh well, as I said previously - MC NZ to skate next & our own.:)

Karmini allegedly knows Pete very well.;)
    Forum Member
    I found it dull & underwhelming too Elanor. I knew who the winner was but I still thought they both ( well most of them throughout the series) didn't cook great, amazing food given their ingredients - the children in MC Australia were far better!

ugh nooooooooo!
    Forum Member
    I read Kamini's blog. For someone working in media and wanting to revolutionise the way media influences food, her website is awful. I could (and probably have) done better on Wordpress!
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

I predicted she would win a few shows ago and I noticed that everything she made was 'more or less bl**dy wonderful according to Pete' >:(
    They should stop 'fixing' these programmes and have less emphasis on contestants being photogenic rather than the quality of the food they cook.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why they didn't reveal the scores after each round, but it did lose something from not doing that, and seeing how each judge voted each dish.

Also pretty weird cooking in the final with your parents/family practically on your shoulder! Bizarre.

Anyway we made it to the end. I don't think it was a great series, the quality definitely seemed a bit questionable at times even in the run up to the final, but it was moderately entertaining enough if no MCA.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? How? :confused:

Just watched the final, whilst I really hoped Kamini wouldn't win (I found her irritating) I do think that she deserved to. Leandri made too many mistakes. :cry:
  • PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolmum123 wrote: »
    Just watched the final, whilst I really hoped Kamini wouldn't win (I found her irritating) I do think that she deserved to. Leandri made too many mistakes. :cry:

I agree with all of this (especially finding Kamini irritating!) but would also add that I don't think she should have been in the final at all. She should have gone out in both of the two previous rounds when Jason and Ozzy went! I don't usually subscribe to the claims that these things are "fixed for their favourites to win", but it did leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piazza wrote: »
    I agree with all of this (especially finding Kamini irritating!) but would also add that I don't think she should have been in the final at all. She should have gone out in both of the two previous rounds when Jason and Ozzy went! I don't usually subscribe to the claims that these things are "fixed for their favourites to win", but it did leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

I cant see either f the boys in the final tho. Jason lacked techniques like folding in one of the dessert challenges and Ozzy didn't seem to be familiar ith quite a few ingredients like duck etc. having said that I think the final should have been leandri and celine.