✭✭✭
    Victor?
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FBI wrote: »
    Victor?

Yes that is him.
    Just watched one now, there are loads on the TV today.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I love Barry.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's as crap as crap TV can possibly get. Anybody who actually watches this deliberately can only be cured by a lobotomy.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of all the pawn/storage shows out there, Storage Hunters has to be the most 'fake'. Some of the units are obviously set up, one had a big table with a model train set on display, lol, who would pay to store things and then use the space to do that? Another one had exotic snakes in glass terrariums, I mean really? It's like they don't even try to pretend it's real. And the newer shows have Lori who seems like she's had a make-over or something but she's still rough as ----, like putting lipstick on a pig.
  • ocoxocox Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the pawn/storage shows out there, Storage Hunters has to be the most 'fake'. Some of the units are obviously set up, one had a big table with a model train set on display, lol, who would pay to store things and then use the space to do that? Another one had exotic snakes in glass terrariums, I mean really? It's like they don't even try to pretend it's real. And the newer shows have Lori who seems like she's had a make-over or something but she's still rough as ----, like putting lipstick on a pig.

Strangely i still would (Lori):blush:
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocox wrote: »
    Strangely i still would (Lori):blush:

Different strokes and all that. :D
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show even though I think it's very obviously staged. There can be a bIn that is full of low price junk and then miraculously at the back is a gem that bears no sort of relation to anything else in the locker and is worth money. Or there is a tarpaulin draped over something which sometimes is a valuable item but is often junk carefully arranged to look like something good. And little clues are left on show to temp them. There is no way those lockers are just as the owner left them. Having said all that I still love it.!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it strange how every single valuable item is either covered or in a box somewhere

As for anyone being attracted to Lori - please seek help. She has such a slap-able face
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole thing with "Green Mile" or one of the others cutting the lock is ridiculously fake as well. If these were genuine lockers and the show had real permission to sell them then surely they would have keys to unlock them

As for Lori, has she lost weight??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it strange how every single valuable item is either covered or in a box somewhere

As for anyone being attracted to Lori - please seek help. She has such a slap-able face

Trust me there would be plenty of "SLAPPING" (of the posterior):blush::)

Nothing like a bit of slap and tickle;-)
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a table full of the arts and crafts equipment for making model trains and sets.

Oh and Lori...yeah, I still would as well:blush::blush:
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've done this before, but it's worth repeating.

I no longer bother to watch it, as everything, apart from a couple of things seems rather fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P419WXIvVeY
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    The whole thing with "Green Mile" or one of the others cutting the lock is ridiculously fake as well. If these were genuine lockers and the show had real permission to sell them then surely they would have keys to unlock them

As for Lori, has she lost weight??

Why would they have the keys?, you rent the locker and put your own padlock on the door, so the owner has the key, so by that fact, they're selling the locker because the owner has abandoned it, hence no keys.

But yes I would think some are staged, you have a locker with over one million dollars worth of art, yet forget to pay for the locker. You would move heaven and earth to raise the money needed to get your locker back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “The US version of Storage Hunters is currently UKTV’s highest rating programme on Dave, consistently attracting nearly one million viewers and regularly securing the top slot on Dave on Demand”

What a depressing sentence
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be fractionally less annoying than American Digger if they cut out that infuriating auctioneer. Both programmes are trash TV for the kind of people who are still crying over the demise of the Sunday Sport.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see how they work a UK version. The laws are different, unpaid lockers become the property of the facility and if they plant items, like in the US version, they may have to start each show with a disclaimer.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Why would they have the keys?, you rent the locker and put your own padlock on the door, so the owner has the key, so by that fact, they're selling the locker because the owner has abandoned it, hence no keys.

But yes I would think some are staged, you have a locker with over one million dollars worth of art, yet forget to pay for the locker. You would move heaven and earth to raise the money needed to get your locker back.

It always makes me smile when Green Mile or whoever cuts the locks off. They are always brand new locks of exactly the same type, which rather gives the game away! It's quite clear they have only just been put onto the storage lockers by the TV production company. They must have a big box of brand new keys somewhere, too. I'm quite sure, if they wanted to, they could just find the right key and unlock the locker in the usual way. But they clearly don't want to do this; it's far better TV to have Green Mile cut the locks off with his big pair of bolt-croppers!
  • mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling that it's staged. They would've checked the storage rooms before the auctions started and it's very unlikely so many people wouldn't be able to pay for their storage. Some abandoned storage rooms have dead bodies in them or nothing so I doubt there would be so many rooms that are in those kind of conditions, it's like they've gone to a dump or fly tipping site and put the stuff in a storage locker.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the show, but it's as fake as wwe
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The WWE is fake????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

I am not sure it will work in the UK, storage places in the UK aren't as big as in America and there aren't as many storage facilities with people not paying, if you look at the US version they have more lockers than they show on the programme and they are empty for years in some cases.