Options

Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• Options
    realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laurielou wrote: »
    I knew someone once who'd been a wrestler back in the day (yes, bizarre, I know). He alleged our Shirl was horrible and a wife-beater (apparently), but that the "villainous" Giant Haystacks was the loveliest man you could hope to meet.

Sadly, I know no more than that...

I don't know about the wife beating but Big Daddy was hated by most of the wrestling fraternity. And yes, Giant Haystacks was a really nice guy.
  • Options
    soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    laurielou wrote: »
    I knew someone once who'd been a wrestler back in the day (yes, bizarre, I know). He alleged our Shirl was horrible and a wife-beater (apparently), but that the "villainous" Giant Haystacks was the loveliest man you could hope to meet.

Sadly, I know no more than that...

I heard that too, but I think that my source wasn't as close to the action (as 'twere) as yours was. He said that Haystacks resented the fact that he was portrayed as the arch-Heel, while Daddy was beloved by all children, but since it provided him with a reasonably good standard of living he just gritted his teeth and got on with it.
  • Options
    soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    realwales wrote: »
    Ian Paisley is a nice guy in real life. I don't like his political manner (historically, anyway, but he's mellowed with age), some of his ideas are a bit loopy, but he's a kind man with a brilliant sense of humour.

I know a Catholic family who used to live in his constituency. They have said on several occasions that, although Paisley was a crackpot and a hate-monger in the large, when it came to being a constituency MP he was incredibly hard-working and scrupulously fair and generous to all his constituents, irrespective of their religion or political persuasion.

Same family also say that Paisley Jr is, on the other hand, urbane, polite and reasonable on the surface - and a nasty piece of work underneath.
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Lulu is very difficult. She is under the elusion she is some A List diva. I once worked at the job centre but I have never come across anyone as difficult as her. Not that Lulu was in the job centre, my meeting with her happened elsewhere ;) lol

This ^^^ reads like a spoof letter in Viz. What has the Job Centre got to do with this reminiscence?
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    This ^^^ reads like a spoof letter in Viz. What has the Job Centre got to do with this reminiscence?

The poster was just saying that working in a Job Centre, you can come across some difficult characters but Lulu was worse than any of them. I agree, it's a bit of a dodgy connection but I get where they're coming from. Heard plenty of similar descriptions of her.
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: Lulu. Many years ago she was in the same restaurant as my Nan and Aunt and she was as nice as pie to them. Seems like they caught her on a (very rare) good day!!! She chatted away to them and had their picture taken with them.

Sorry - I know that's completely different to what everyone else has put here - but at least I'm not singing the praises of Cilla;-)
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Sandsss wrote: »
    I've heard Mylenne Klass is meant to be a cow and dont you know how I am sort of person.

If there is a camera in sight she is lovely, Other than that up herself, Camera she will hug and talk to her fans, No camera she looks right through them
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    There's a lot of truth in that. Once of my acquaintances is a sports star who achieved greatness a few years ago. We're not big friends but I see him from time to time, and we've been on nights out. He's quite a quiet man in real life and he was reasonable in signing autographs and posing for pictures while we were out, however, when it's become excessive, he has turned people away. I don't have a problem with that.

exactly
    i see people say things like ''he or she is nasty for not signing''. Of course it sucks for the person who got declined but no matter how highly paid and famous a person is they deserve a private life and i can only imagine if I'm a restaurant and fans keep coming up to me whilst I'm eating for pictures etc...i will politely decline after a while.

Some stars though are great with signing for fans. Will Smith I've read is really good and hardly ever declines and Johnny Depp as well.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justboy wrote: »
    Met Lilly Allen about a year ago, she was one of the most horrible people I've ever met, me her and my cousin were just sitting talking and she felt it would be acceptable to piss in a bin when there was a toilet in the room, real classy girl :rolleyes:.

:o:o!!
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    If there is a camera in sight she is lovely, Other than that up herself, Camera she will hug and talk to her fans, No camera she looks right through them

I saw her when I went to recording in White City she came out with her hair in curlers and was wonderful and chatty found her very nice
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person.

All of them! Or 99% of them anyway.

And 99% of us would be the exact same in their position (or would be in danger of being judged that way given the constant interruptions into our lives and having people opine about every little detail of our life no matter how private).

Fame wouldn't be for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    I've met both several times - together and individually - and found them both utterly delightful. Karl, in particularly, is very funny.

I met Carl once too and he was lovely, and very handsome in real life! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow............that is some list.:eek:

All I can contribute is my friend was at a wedding and Robbie Williams was there too with his dad. She said he was really nice and totally unassuming.

Met Robbie once years ago and he was lovely.
    Met Ryan Giggs on a flight once, we swapped tales of our mutual fear of flying, poor bloke hates it as much as I do.
    Met George Michael in London in the early 90s and he was so lovely, really chatty and friendly, and funny.
    Met Marc Almond who was a really sweet guy, seemed shy but lovely.
    Met Ian McCulloch and Pete de Freitas from Echo and the Bunnymen, Pete was much friendlier than grumpy Mac...
    Had a flirty moment with Adam Ant back in the day, he called me a 'naughty girl' - he was soooo handsome when he was young.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

She seems very up-herself on camera as well. I don't like her at all.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Thought most comedians didn't like McIntyre?

I thought that was more too do with his corporatism. Ive not heard stories about him. Unlike Peter Kay.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa_joli wrote: »
    Met Robbie once years ago and he was lovely.
    Met Ryan Giggs on a flight once, we swapped tales of our mutual fear of flying, poor bloke hates it as much as I do.
    Met George Michael in London in the early 90s and he was so lovely, really chatty and friendly, and funny.
    Met Marc Almond who was a really sweet guy, seemed shy but lovely.
    Met Ian McCulloch and Pete de Freitas from Echo and the Bunnymen, Pete was much friendlier than grumpy Mac...
    Had a flirty moment with Adam Ant back in the day, he called me a 'naughty girl' - he was soooo handsome when he was young.

Giggs cheated on his poor wife with multiple women including his own brother's wife and then tried to sue the newspaper who exposed him. He is an absolute monster, I wouldn't feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex, who comes from Wallsend, told me Alan Shearer isn't such a nice guy in real life. He was having his house renovated and wouldn't even let the builders use a drinks machine in hot weather and is notorious for being mean, letting the PA buy an evening paper for him is one well known story.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to my mother, Rolf Harris.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giggs cheated on his poor wife with multiple women including his own brother's wife and then tried to sue the newspaper who exposed him. He is an absolute monster, I wouldn't feel sorry for him.

I don't think the world is actually that binary - I don't feel sorry for him but I can accept that someone who is nice to his fans is also perhaps not quite so much of a gentleman in other areas of his life. Or it could be that he is savy enough to be nice to his fans and someone who uses his charm on everyone for less innocent purposes - i.e a bit of a Mr Whickham type. Maybe he's a nice guy in some aspects and has problems saying no (and I am not implying that this means his paramours are the ones that start things - the no could be the no he needs to say to that part of his id).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, what he did or didn't do to his wife is kind of irrelevant to what I was saying, he was a pleasant enough bloke who was very sympathetic to me when I was bloody terrified on take off. He and his wife were sitting in front of us, and he turned around to talk to me when he realised how nervous I was, telling me how he hates flying too. He sat with the blind down and ear phones in watching something on his laptop for the rest of the flight. He seemed a friendly enough bloke tbh, and his private life is not my business.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    I know a Catholic family who used to live in his constituency. They have said on several occasions that, although Paisley was a crackpot and a hate-monger in the large, when it came to being a constituency MP he was incredibly hard-working and scrupulously fair and generous to all his constituents, irrespective of their religion or political persuasion.

Same family also say that Paisley Jr is, on the other hand, urbane, polite and reasonable on the surface - and a nasty piece of work underneath.

Pleasantly surprised to read that. :)

I guess the general public only ever saw him being obnoxious back in the day..........although we did see him mellow somewhat in later years.

Not surprised about his son though.
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    Met Cheryl Cole and she was not at all interested in being nice to people, or speaking to anyone was really surprised tbh.

However I have met Alexandra Burke and she was lovely standing for pictures and speaking to everyone for a good while making sure everyone had pictures and autographs, just lovely.

Not surprised by that. Even as a GA fan, I have heard countless stories that she is stuck up. However it is the so called the least GA fan faves Nicola and Nadine who were constantly sweet and attentive to fans.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard The Saturdays are really down to earth,friendly and lovely women
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    soundcheck wrote: »
    I heard that too, but I think that my source wasn't as close to the action (as 'twere) as yours was. He said that Haystacks resented the fact that he was portrayed as the arch-Heel, while Daddy was beloved by all children, but since it provided him with a reasonably good standard of living he just gritted his teeth and got on with it.

Giant Heystacks was a really nice man very gentle with a little wife lol....I heard that Les Kellett(old rubber legs) was hysterical in the ring but very foul mouthed outside the ring and wasnt to nice to know.