Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah love this speculation...Sir Ian to return as the "gi" and genuinely scary NEW monsters! Cannot wait :D

Could be a scary new version of an old monster...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    Could be a scary new version of an old monster...

ooh yes that too ;)
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Or it could be a non-scary monster whatsoever, as we're all adults and nothing has scared us like that since we were kids.

It's all PR gumph, they say it every time they're bringing in something new.

Mind you "We tried to make a genuinely scary new monster, but the budget ran out and time was pressing and tbh we just could NOT be bothered this week so we quickly taped something together and sent it out" isn't quite as snappy is it? :D
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does this...

look like a...
    Sycorax?

?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or it could be a non-scary monster whatsoever, as we're all adults and nothing has scared us like that since we were kids.

It's all PR gumph, they say it every time they're bringing in something new.

Mind you "We tried to make a genuinely scary new monster, but the budget ran out and time was pressing and tbh we just could NOT be bothered this week so we quickly taped something together and sent it out" isn't quite as snappy is it? :D
    I don't know, last time we heard it from so many of the cast and crew was about the silence, which... yes, they had a point.

I tend to find the difference between "Supposedly scary monster" and "Actually scary monster" can be measured by who's talking about it. Anonymous Tabloid Insider describes the tritovores and the snowmen as terrifying. The cast and crew say it about the silence and the weeping angels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoppy wrote: »

I think it's an Ice Warrior. Although it does bear a similarity to the monster from Alien.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whatever this creature is i genuinely am impressed with it...looks a LOT like a HR Giger design...specifically Alien! And i think it may be in the first episode due to the scene with Clara and it emerging behind her....could be wrong...

But i am all for its unveiling.

And tbh the nly genuinely scary monsters on the show they have described have rang true...The Silence look so dreadfully eerie and their concept is even more eerie, and the Weeping Angels are genuinely frightening too....so i am all for more in that vein being created....and i found the SNowmen very jumpy and looked very impressive as foes too :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think it's an Ice Warrior. Although it does bear a similarity to the monster from Alien.

I think it's them too to be honest.

They are supposed to be Mark Gatiss's submarine episode with Liam Cunningham and David Warner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

They are supposed to be Mark Gatiss's submarine episode with Liam Cunningham and David Warner.

Oh right i guess that would make sense :D...cannot wait for that one then :)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too much of a redesign for them to be Ice warriors IMO, that elongated head is just too different to the old versions.

Plus I think Clara is wearing the same outfit she has in that scene on the alien planet which is unlikely to be the same episode as the Ice Warriors.
  • CraigpughCraigpugh Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Too much of a redesign for them to be Ice warriors IMO, that elongated head is just too different to the old versions.

Plus I think Clara is wearing the same outfit she has in that scene on the alien planet which is unlikely to be the same episode as the Ice Warriors.

I thought the creature could be an unmasked Ice Lord, for tjree reasons-
    because I thought the sleeve/ arm colour and texture reminded me of the old ice warriors- see the shoulder area in this pic:
    http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ice-warriors-banner.jpg

And the chin looks not unlike the chin makeup here
    http://images.wikia.com/zarbi/images/c/cd/Ice_Lord.jpg

Also someone pointed out the hands have that 'clamp' shape about them in some screen shots.

However others have said too that the ice warriors are supposed to ne in the submarine story which apparently isn't where that pic is from. And there's a pic of that creature behind three creatures with rounded helmets with round goggles in them, I hope those ones weren't the ice warriors as they look to unlike the originals for me to take to them.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we'll get anything for Comic Relief 2013 - a mini-scene, a prequel for 7x07 or a new trailer for the second half of Series 7.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we'll get anything for Comic Relief 2013 - a mini-scene, a prequel for 7x07 or a new trailer for the second half of Series 7.

As it's the 50th anniversary year of one, and the 25th anniversary year of the other...

How about a Doctor Who / Red Dwarf crossover sketch?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    As it's the 50th anniversary year of one, and the 25th anniversary year of the other...

Already kinda Done!
    Forum Member

Not a bad idea.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who do you reckon is going to play the big man - Sydney Newman? The man who made it all happen. The absolute pivotal piece of casting.
    Forum Member
    Who do you reckon is going to play the big man - Sydney Newman? The man who made it all happen. The absolute pivotal piece of casting.

I literally have no idea but I cannot wait to find out. I think it's gonna one of the best things in relation to DW that Gatiss will have done as well.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shatner :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In TPo3 rhere is a montage of cubes in people’s everyday lives. At 11m 38s there is a shot of an office desk with a pyramid of cubes, three post-its attached. In HD the post-its read “meeting 9.30", “SYDNEY NEWMAN 50", “Phone Jim !”.

It’s always made me wonder about Jim Broadbent to play Sydney Newman. He’s available for filming having finished filming a French film at Xmas with Jeff Goldblum and Lindsay Duncan.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it looks like
    a mix between a Sycorax and a Hoix
    but obviously it won't turn out to be a mix of the two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    In TPo3 rhere is a montage of cubes in people’s everyday lives. At 11m 38s there is a shot of an office desk with a pyramid of cubes, three post-its attached. In HD the post-its read “meeting 9.30", “SYDNEY NEWMAN 50", “Phone Jim !”.

It’s always made me wonder about Jim Broadbent to play Sydney Newman. He’s available for filming having finished filming a French film at Xmas with Jeff Goldblum and Lindsay Duncan.

Never noticed that about the cubes.

Whoever's going to play Sydney is going to have to use a Canadian accent. So, maybe a Canadian actor is going to be used. Is Josh Hartnett available? :cool:
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    HandsomeBB wrote: »

I didn't notice that. Probably the best meta-reference since the TV in Remembrance of the Daleks. :D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a BBC drama trailer with a small Doctor Who clip and straight after, John Simm in The Village.:D
This discussion has been closed.