2»

Comments

• Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    You probably find things funny that I wouldn't find funny

Watching children cry is not funny. How would you feel if someone ever laughs at your kids if they cry. If you think its funny watching a 5 or 6 year old cry then your mean
  • Options
    Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Watching children cry is not funny. How would you feel if someone ever laughs at your kids if they cry. If you think its funny watching a 5 or 6 year old cry then your mean

I don't have any kids though so I can't answer that question.

I'll laugh at whatever I want in my own home thank you very much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have any kids though so I can't answer that question.

I'll laugh at whatever I want in my own home thank you very much.

But why would you want to laugh at a 5 year old or a 6 year old crying? How would you feel if people laughed at you crying when you were 5 or 6?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But why would you want to laugh at a 5 year old or a 6 year old crying? How would you feel if people laughed at you crying when you were 5 or 6?

Pretty terrible but the fact of the matter is none of the children will be aware that I'm laughing at them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty terrible but the fact of the matter is none of the children will be aware that I'm laughing at them.

Yeah but we will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah but we will.

So???

I'm getting bored of going over this with you now.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Personally i thought they wiped the floor with the MD dance group who were shown just before them.....

Simon had it right when he said they werent as good this time as they have been in the past!
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    They weren't great if you judge them by adult or older child standards, but for 4-7 yr old's they were pretty damn good.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=CaroUK;65850724]Personally i thought they wiped the floor with the MD dance group who were shown just before them.....

Simon had it right when he said they werent as good this time as they have been in the past![/QUOTE]

They sure did!

But I have to say it's the same moves year after year now and they're pretty much all dull, those types of dancers. If I see the "half walk, half run on the spot whilst pulling something imaginary with both arms" again I will scream.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There should be age limit, when you see a kid about to cry or like that girl who forget her words during the lives, it shows you that sometimes the pressure and rejection can be too much for them.
    Sometimes I think the judges are too scared to say no to the kids, they're scared of the backlash from the irritating crowd and seeing the kids cry, most of the kid dance troupe aren't that good.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I agree but it was pretty uncomfortable seeing the little one nearly cry at the end and look nervous (can't think why, they already had 3 yeses) :confused:
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    So???

I'm getting bored of going over this with you now.

You posted your opinion on this thread so know we have the right to tell you we find it appalling .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You posted your opinion on this thread so know we have the right to tell you we find it appalling .

Don't you mean now??

I know you find it appalling that's why I'm bored of discussing it.
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Dance troops or child performers. So a no win from me.
    Not because I hate children, but they have an unfair advantage for the stated reasons.

I don't think that under 16's should be allowed.

Here here, totally agree, when the kids come on I usually go and put the kettle on, I have 4 granddaughters, but I dont need 5-16 entertaining me on TV on a sat night.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,231
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I agree but it was pretty uncomfortable seeing the little one nearly cry at the end and look nervous (can't think why, they already had 3 yeses) :confused:

It's all in the editing.
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    They weren't great if you judge them by adult or older child standards, but for 4-7 yr old's they were pretty damn good.

I tought they were crap, out of time and just not good, i know people will say "well they're only young" which is true but they should come back on when they're better dancers which probably means when they are older!
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you mean now??

I know you find it appalling that's why I'm bored of discussing it.

No more then we would expect from an immature person, who has no children and who gets enjoyment out of seeing little kids cry.. you really need to have a word with yourself . And tell yourself to grow up.
  • Options
    nokes22nokes22 Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they weren't great really, but then again they have to fill up one slot with a kiddie dance act so I suppose it works for BGT. They'd get nowhere on a show like 'Got To Dance', which was proven by Nu-Skool last year who were also mediocre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tawe wrote: »
    No more then we would expect from an immature person, who has no children and who gets enjoyment out of seeing little kids cry.. you really need to have a word with yourself . And tell yourself to grow up.

I'm very grown up. I have a mortgage, a wife, a car and I've been in full time employment with her majesty's armed forces for 9 years.

This week will be funny when they get rejected by the public
  • Options
    spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This week will be funny when they get rejected by the public

If only the judges had been honest at the audition instead of building them up. Bet the cameras are quickly moved off them when they fail and throw a massive strop.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I just wish they would put an age limit on auditionees. They weren't great, they were good for kids but thats it. They were just doing simple moves but at the same time.

They were actually just average. There are children of that age in Primary schools around the country who could and can do much better.

I've said it before. Cute does not equal talent. Never has, never will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You probably find things funny that I wouldn't find funny

Indeed, I understand that some people find Walliams funny. Never met one yet though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone actually want to watch 5- and 6- year old's on a stage unless it was an end of term school function for parents
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »

But BGT is not a children's show - it is for an adult audience!

For 4-7 year olds they were no better than thousands of others around the country who are never encouraged to act out their parents dreams.