Births, Deaths & Marriages, 9pm ITV, 4 & 11 Feb

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Interesting idea for a documentary.

Before you groan and dismiss this as yet another workaday fly-on-the-wall documentary series, pause and linger. Births, Deaths and Marriages is a touching peek into moments in our lives when we are at our happiest and saddest.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cskvb4/births-deaths-and-marriages--series-1---episode-1

Comments

• Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got this on now, half watching Fulham v Sheffield United as well. Looks quite interesting I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meet the woman who registered Prince George's birth at Kensington Palace!
    http://www.bestdaily.co.uk/television/news/a548867/watch-births-deaths-and-marriages.html
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this at the moment :D This couple on here at the moment, having a 4 minute wedding are definately odd. No rings and no music..well I suppose it keeps it simple. :D
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Watching this at the moment :D This couple on here at the moment, having a 4 minute wedding are definately odd. No rings and no music..well I suppose it keeps it simple. :D

My second marriage was like that lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was roped in as a witness for a couple getting married in the Elvis Presley chapel in Las Vegas!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They had the "proper" one a few days later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had the "proper" one a few days later

Yep, in a field!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm crying at the woman who found her brother before her mum died, so that she could see him before she died. What a lovely story, and lovely that brother and sister are still close now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a feel-good programme. I like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a feel-good programme. I like it.

It is isn't it? Makes a really nice change...

Who realised how many registrars are actually at a registry office..I certainly didn't..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That registrar guy sounds like Graham Norton
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does he mean "in gay years"? 14 years is forever?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's 55? I think she has had work done
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm crying at the woman who found her brother before her mum died, so that she could see him before she died. What a lovely story, and lovely that brother and sister are still close now.

Aye, that was nice.
    Thought Registrars would 'get over' the emotion of Births, Deaths and Marriages, obviously not for some.

This is making me think of BBC's Death Unexplained.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey - register a birth, then the death a few weeks later. That must be hard.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodness, that poor couple :(
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That poor young couple have lost their baby :(
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG...my daughter and I were in tears at that last couple....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lovely programme :D But so sad at the end, I really thought that baby Joanna was going to be okay when the couple registered her birth. How sad for them to have to register her death a week later :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    OMG...my daughter and I were in tears at that last couple....

Me too, can't believe I cried over the woman that found her brother for her mum before mum died, and now I'm bawling over this. Lovely how the production company put a post script at the end for the little one :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What a lovely programme :D But so sad at the end, I really thought that baby Joanna was going to be okay when the couple registered her birth. How sad for them to have to register her death a week later :(

yep,,it was very sad :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, can't believe I cried over the woman that found her brother for her mum before mum died, and now I'm bawling over this. Lovely how the production company put a post script at the end for the little one :D
    She was a lovely baby :cry::cry:
  • Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to flick back to their first interview as thought their eldest had a problem too, then realised that was obviously before the death made it even harder to see :(
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Reminder set for next week.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed this prog. My friend is a registrar and loves her job.

I have to say I did agree with the comments about the handwriting on The prince's birth certificate. It was very untidy and just didn't look professional.