Royal Marines Commando School

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This new eight-part series will follow life at a Royal Marines training centre in Devon as new recruits are put through 32 weeks of gruelling training.

Royal Marines Commando School. Starts Monday 14th July, 9pm Ch4

Comments

• U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the best thing on the tv for a while.
    RM Major David Tyce 'it was important to reassure people at Lympstone that this wasn't going to be Big Brother-cameras hoovering up vast quantities of meaningless rubbish'.:D
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clip of them in their onesies was funny.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

And ANOTHER series covering newbies at CTC Lympstone...

New series. Behind the scenes at the Royal Marines' Commando Training Centre in Devon, home to one of the most arduous basic military training programmes in the world. This edition follows 56 fresh recruits during their first two weeks at the facility, where their every waking hour is controlled by their drill instructor, Corporal `Froggy' Chauffour, a Frenchman with a passion for discipline and high standards. Struggling to cope with the gruelling demands of their new routine, some question their decision to join up, while others have their career cut short before it's even begun

Anyone else wanna watch? I used to live in Exmouth..
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads-up. Always fun to see what it takes to make a bootneck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go..

CTCRM OB
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One gone already, blimey.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame for that guy. He looked about 12 into the bargain.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play is he speaks up rather that than being forced into something he doesn't want to do.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that where the phrase 'going commando' comes from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buttes
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Training in how to shower. Lol.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is like Shaving Ryan's Privates
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Haha, their faces as that bloke washed himself and splashed some water on them.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can hardly understand a word that most of the English chaps are saying. It's like they all have marbles in their mouths.

Apart from the bad language that is. Is this why it's moved to Channel 4?
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the worst one for talking is that Corporal guy. He's awful. It's like he's got some kind of speech impediment or something. Half of the poor guys probably can't understand what he's saying!
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should be glad these low IQ psychos are off the streets for a few weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I think the worst one for talking is that Corporal guy. He's awful. It's like he's got some kind of speech impediment or something. Half of the poor guys probably can't understand what he's saying!

He's French.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they do the "steers and queers" thing, like in officer and a gentleman, and full metal jacket, or is this pretend hard?
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The corporal seems a bit too fond of his Weetabix - he could do with a few laps around the parade ground to get rid of that spare tire and double chin - I thought marines were supposed to be super fit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they do the "steers and queers" thing, like in officer and a gentleman, and full metal jacket, or is this pretend hard?
    I suppose that's very much more American methodology from the 1960s. Consider that R Lee Ermey actually WAS a drill sgt...
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think there must be a swearing competition and he who swears the most is proved to be the toughest
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maltshovel wrote: »
    I think there must be a swearing competition and he who swears the most is proved to be the toughest

Yeah, we are well 'ard like. :p

The Corporal is always eating. :D
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    The corporal seems a bit too fond of his Weetabix - he could do with a few laps around the parade ground to get rid of that spare tire and double chin - I thought marines were supposed to be super fit!

I thought that, he's bad example !
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    Yeah, we are well 'ard like. :p

The Corporal is always eating. :D
    I'd love to go to the door to his office, knock on it and say ''Reporting for duty you fat little lard ass'' :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be able to take this corporal seriously at all