Time Rita was axed.

Comments

• NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't liked the character since last summer when she mocked Norris for being conned by Emily into having to pay all the bills. I was glad when the thugs mugged her in the park a couple of weeks later. Plus she was a bitch towards Dennis when making remarks about him being homeless, I was glad when he sailed down the street in Gloria's car, I had a picture of her shocked expression on my desktop until Dennis had to return and start begging her for forgiveness.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I must be the only one that thought Barbara Knox's acting is complete shite then >:(

No. There are others. Not me though.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that Tina's dead I don't know what storylines and scenes Rita could have that would be interesting. After the funeral I'd like to see Rita leave.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly she is one of the untouchables, I wish she had died in that tram crash. Rita is a hypocritical snobby cheque waving old bat
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    Now that Tina's dead I don't know what storylines and scenes Rita could have that would be interesting. After the funeral I'd like to see Rita leave.

She'll be on the prowl for another daughter. Rita will be sniffing around the garage trying to offer Maddie a job at the Kabin (without telling Norris) and inviting her to move into the flat.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She deserves her place in the cast
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be on the prowl for another daughter. Rita will be sniffing around the garage trying to offer Maddie a job at the Kabin (without telling Norris) and inviting her to move into the flat.
    More than likely. I'd like to see Sally's face if this happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really like Rita i didn't realise how much hate she gets on here!
  • chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    More than likely. I'd like to see Sally's face if this happens.

Haha yeah, bound to happen. What got me tonight about the episode was the fact tina has been in hospital a few days and no one had let her mum know, daft
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chewstick wrote: »
    Haha yeah, bound to happen. What got me tonight about the episode was the fact tina has been in hospital a few days and no one had let her mum know, daft

True and the hospital staff called Rita and co "her relatives." I think someone mentioned phoning her mum but I don't think they actually did so.
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really is an annoying, silly old boot. Makes everything about herself.

She's had her time, now get rid.

blasphemy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I wish she had died in that tram crash.

I don't particularly dislike her but personally i also think they should have killed her off in the tram crash. It would have been a big shock death. Considering that in the end the only ones who died were Ashley and Molly it made it a bit disappointing. They really needed a big shock death to make the storyline have more impact.

I mean if they had had the guts to kill Rita off they'd still have had Emily and Audrey
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was quite clearly drunk.

Although where she was keeping her hipflask as she wobbled around that hospital is anyone's guess.

That doctor who looked like Elmer Fudd with a beard made me chuckle.
    Treating some drunk old biddy who'd only known Tina a few years like she was next of kin.

In the real world, she'd be told to piss off home and mind her own business.

Possibly this will happen when/if Tina's mother steps up to the mark and shows some responsibility for daughter. If the former Mrs. MacIntyre doesn't show her face, who is going to pay the funeral expenses? You are a kindly soul, UQ, perhaps you will start a collection.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    [/B]
    Possibly this will happen when/if Tina's mother steps up to the mark and shows some responsibility for daughter. If the former Mrs. MacIntyre doesn't show her face, who is going to pay the funeral expenses? You are a kindly soul, UQ, perhaps you will start a collection.

Other than burying it, there's not much responsibility one can take for a corpse. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Yeah she isn't the best actress but Barbara Knox will never be axed she has been on the street for over 40 years and she is over 80 years of age, she will die in the role.

Well exactly - my sentiments when i noticed this thread, like her or not - no producer is ever realistically going to axe her lol.

Keep dreaming, you fantasists lol.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time Rita was axed.

Why? Because the character is older than you? Because you don't like the actress?

I hope no one kicks me onto the scrap heap when I am getting to that age, if I reach it.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Time Rita was axed.

Why? Because the character is older than you? Because you don't like the actress?

I hope no one kicks me onto the scrap heap when I am getting to that age, if I reach it.

Quite. The casual ageism on DS is appalling. Still, what can one expect from some posters who were mocking the facial expressions of Corrie's disabled actress - even after being informed it was part of her condition - not that very long ago?
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really like Rita i didn't realise how much hate she gets on here!

It's only the same handful of posters repeating the same, tired old posts over and again.

And, speaking as someone who works in TV, take it from me that the views expressed on DS rarely coincide with those of the general audience. But then, one always gets the impression that there are an awful lot of failed writers and actors on DS. And failed actors and failed writers are the most bitter people on earth.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long live Rita......
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    Quite. The casual ageism on DS is appalling. Still, what can one expect from some posters who were mocking the facial expressions of Corrie's disabled actress - even after being informed it was part of her condition - not that very long ago?
    I totally agree. And it isn't only ageism that's common on here. As you say criticising Cherrylee Houston's disability without bothering to find out about her condition, homophobia, personal remarks about actors' appearance, speech, etc., and dislike of people they don't know and haven't even met

Unfortunately we seem to live in a world which is becoming less tolerant. I'm sure the views of those who criticise Rita will have different views when they reach 80 - if they do reach 80. Those of us who are older do know what it's like to be young - the young have no idea what it's like to be 80.

IMO there's nothing wrong with Barbara Knox's acting - she's had years of experience. And even if she and any of the others do have an off week, can anyone on here say they've never had a time when they haven't occasionally done their job as well as they could?
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I must be the only one that thought Barbara Knox's acting is complete shite then >:(

No, I'm with you. It was embarrassing in the middle of an episode that had all round excellent performances from the rest of the cast.

And that, for me, is nothing to do with age. She is just not up to the job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

Funnily enough Janet, I've just found 6p in old coppers, a half-crown, and a drachma down the side of the settee, so you can now consider the 'Let's Get Tina Six-feet Under' fund well and truly started mate.

If we gather sufficient funds, I thought it'd be nice to buy a headstone in the shape of a big sod-off V-Sign - to mirror her attitude and pleasant demeanour from when she was alive.

The inscription could read ... "Here lies Tina ... she was the most violent, rude, sulky, lazy, cheeky, sullen, best Barmaid me ever had."

Rita can add one of those decorative flower pots too if she wishes, maybe styled in the shape of a cheque book, or perhaps something she prefers like a Gordon's Gin bottle?

(Uncle Q wipes away a tear)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough Janet, I've just found 6p in old coppers, a half-crown, and a drachma down the side of the settee, so you can now consider the 'Let's Get Tina Six-feet Under' fund well and truly started mate.

If we gather sufficient funds, I thought it'd be nice to buy a headstone in the shape of a big sod-off V-Sign - to mirror her attitude and pleasant demeanour from when she was alive.

The inscription could read ... "Here lies Tina ... she was the most violent, rude, sulky, lazy, cheeky, sullen, best Barmaid me ever had."

Rita can add one of those decorative flower pots too if she wishes, maybe styled in the shape of a cheque book, or perhaps something she prefers like a Gordon's Gin bottle?

(Uncle Q wipes away a tear)
    :D:D:D:kitty:

BiB : .......and her legs usually. :D
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her acting was good too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D:D:D:kitty: