Humax HDR 1000s Hdmi problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
Forum Member
Hi,

I've just upgraded from an old freesat box to the hdr-1000s and have run into some problems with the box rebooting constantly after turning on. It's says starting and then flashes up a humax logo then restarts.

From searching on the Internet this seems to be a problem with Hdmi as it will work ok with a scary lead which mine does.

My setup is into a Hdmi splitter which then feeds three separate tvs.

Does anyone know what the issue is or how to fix it as the picture quality of the scary is driving me mad!

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• ProbablyMikeProbablyMike Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Scary lead :p

I would first try plugging direct into one of the TVs via HDMI to rule out the HDMI splitter.

If it works direct to the tv then you know it's the HDMI splitter causing the upset.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    If all the TVs have different max resolutions the humax box and hdmi splitter may be having a hard time trying to negotiate the best resolution to use. Like above said, try it without the splitter first...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies, I've managed to narrow it down to one lead and/or tele.

The splitter works fine to two tvs thou when the third is put into the splitter I'm back to the boot loop. It's all a bit awkward to get to this tv to try it directly plugged in but I guess I'll have to try that to see if its the lead or tele.

What version of Hdmi cable do I need if I replace it?