A positive thread!

attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just like last year there has been a lot of arguments over the winner, people complaining that is was the wrong choice blah blah blah.

I wanted Christina to win but I am delighted for Jermaine and I just wanted to make a rather cheesy thread praising ALL the contestants. It takes a lot of guts to go on TV and sing in front of millions of people and they gave us some great performances. I also think their attitude towards each other was lovely, it was more like family than competition, which makes a nice change! Same for the judges :D

I wish them all well for the future and am just glad I got to hear voices like Christina's and Sally's. There is no point arguing over the result, it is done and dusted now after all.

Look forward to the show next year :p

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like last year there has been a lot of arguments over the winner, people complaining that is was the wrong choice blah blah blah.

I wanted Christina to win but I am delighted for Jermaine and I just wanted to make a rather cheesy thread praising ALL the contestants. It takes a lot of guts to go on TV and sing in front of millions of people and they gave us some great performances. I also think their attitude towards each other was lovely, it was more like family than competition, which makes a nice change! Same for the judges :D

I wish them all well for the future and am just glad I got to hear voices like Christina's and Sally's. There is no point arguing over the result, it is done and dusted now after all.

Look forward to the show next year :p

Hey, this makes a nice change. Something positive to read on here for a change. I guess there will always be an element of people that like to be negative about people that do well. As you say all the contestants seemed to get on well, and enjoyed their time on the show however far that they progressed. Wish that X Factor was the same.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed all the early rounds -- great process and lots of fun. Enjoyed the judges' interactions too.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think that regardless of who you wanted to win, there is no need to be nasty about it :)

I loved the battle rounds too, there was much less shouting and much more working together.
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said.

At the end of the day the people at home voted for who they enjoyed the best and that was Jermain....Good for him. :)

I loved Sally and Jermain and I hope that they will both do well and hopefully many of the other contestants too who appeared on the show.

People posting about "flops" and all the rest of the negativity need to get things in perspective.

At least all the contestants on the show had the gumption and courage to try to get on and make a career for themselves. I wonder how much the negative posters do?

It was a great series and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Stand outs for me were Sally singing Walk on By, Sir Tom and Sally singing Walking in Memphis and Jermain with his last song which was brilliant - I also loved Jermain and Will.i.am's duet which was quirky and fun.

Sir Tom and Will.i.am were my favourite judges and I loved Marvin as a presenter.

It was great to have the BBC2 show this year too.

Great tv entertainment - and IMHO they found a lovely charismatic young man with huge talent in music and further afield - and all good luck to him in the future. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jermaine was on Radio 1 this morning with Scott Mills.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jermaine was on Radio 1 this morning with Scott Mills.

I don't suppose they played his song did they? Anyways like everyone said its nice to see some positivity. At the end if the day inmy opinion this series has been the best so far. The new judges where great. Emma was a great new host. At most importantly this series just seemed well more fun. And now I wish all the contestants good luck with there music all what ever they decide to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't suppose they played his song did they? Anyways like everyone said its nice to see some positivity. At the end if the day inmy opinion this series has been the best so far. The new judges where great. Emma was a great new host. At most importantly this series just seemed well more fun. And now I wish all the contestants good luck with there music all what ever they decide to do.

I think there are a fain number of this years contestants that could go on to do well, such as Nomakhosi, Anna McLuckie, Sophie May, and Celestine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there are a fain number of this years contestants that could go on to do well, such as Nomakhosi, Anna McLuckie, Sophie May, and Celestine.

I agree I think Anna could do really well. Plus don't forget Bob Blackly he's got an album coming out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree I think Anna could do really well. Plus don't forget Bob Blackly he's got an album coming out.

And Bob did'nt make it past the blind auditions, which show's what can happen by just appearing on the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Bob did'nt make it past the blind auditions, which show's what can happen by just appearing on the show.

Exactly. People forget done contestants have done well out of the Voice look at Becky Hill and the single Afterglow.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    Great thread. :)

Best series so far for me. Loved that I managed to pick two out of the four finalists but, more importantly I couldn't really pick a winner until the final song, and even then it was because I really enjoyed his performance and not because he was one of my favourites. :)

Loved the new judges and Emma. I know it sounds cliched but, I also think the standard of the contestants was higher than previous series. I can remember more audition and BR performances than previous series. All four judges made a very difficult job look a lot easier than it probably was choosing their contestants.

Roll on next year. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Great thread. :)

Best series so far for me. Loved that I managed to pick two out of the four finalists but, more importantly I couldn't really pick a winner until the final song, and even then it was because I really enjoyed his performance and not because he was one of my favourites. :)

Loved the new judges and Emma. I know it sounds cliched but, I also think the standard of the contestants was higher than previous series. I can remember more audition and BR performances than previous series. All four judges made a very difficult job look a lot easier than it probably was choosing their contestants.

Roll on next year. :)

Well said Laura :)
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really mind who won, and I didn't expect my favourites to. I'm glad that we got to hear a lot of good singers, several of whom I hope to hear sing again.