Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people said it was worth it...it looks and plays beautiful
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tictac2 wrote: »
    I haven't touched this game now for a couple of weeks. I don't know why but the love's gone for it. I'm just not finding it as much fun as I initially did. While there's something very satisfying about shotgunning a bunch of minions in the face, there's something equally dissatisfying about finishing a game and realising you only killed 2 pilots and 1 Titan.

I think the game sides too much toward the Battlefield style of play, which I dislike because it's too easy to become separated from the battle - either you spawn miles away or you're constantly picked off at a distance by enemies unseen. That and the long lobby times between games just makes it a bit tiring at times to play.

I will get the DLC, but I'm hoping for smaller, tighter maps. Meantime, I'm happily getting a chance to finish off DR3 and also put some laps into Forza.

Agree slightly. Some map sizes don't suite the amount of players. I can easily go the majority of the match without even meeting another pilot, depending on the map.

Can't say I've noticed long waiting times (this is on XBO!). Usually it's pretty instant.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Expedition" map pack due in May:

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-expedition-dlc

Respawn on its plans for post-launch support - types of updates, new content, etc.:

http://www.titanfall.com/news/next-steps
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how are people finding Titanfall now they've had it a while?

A little bit like a COD expansion pack?
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's pretty good fun, but rather limited. Only played it 3 or 4 times, not sure when I'll get around to having another go.

So glad I waited and got the Xbox 360 version for £42, rather than blowing £400 on an Xbox One to play it. (Which I very nearly did).

It's a decent enough game, but in no way deserving of the massive hype lavished upon it.

7/10
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty good fun, but rather limited. Only played it 3 or 4 times, not sure when I'll get around to having another go.

So glad I waited and got the Xbox 360 version for £42, rather than blowing £400 on an Xbox One to play it. (Which I very nearly did).

It's a decent enough game, but in no way deserving of the massive hype lavished upon it.

7/10

i think its really good m8
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only had Titanfall for 2 weeks and played 90 games of Attrition, think I'm slightly addicted to that game mode lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love it. Much better than COD.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Love it. Much better than COD.

To be fair that wouldn't be hard lol. I rented ghosts on saturday. Ive completed the single player, reached lvl 7 on mp and all but gave up. Ive got it til Tuesday and was almost considering taking it back yesterday.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

7/10

Agree with this. The longevity of it is questionable.

It almost feels like they released half a game for full RRP and put the other stuff behind a paywall. Not sure now if I would put the money in for the extra stuff as it's gotten a bit too "old" for me now.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picked this up on Friday for the 360.

Played it pretty solidly with a few friends over the weekend, but since then I have had zero desire to load it up and play anymore. I think the lack of weapons and customisation options make the game pretty repetitive. Will be trading it in tomorrow I reckon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Agree with this. The longevity of it is questionable.

It almost feels like they released half a game for full RRP and put the other stuff behind a paywall. Not sure now if I would put the money in for the extra stuff as it's gotten a bit too "old" for me now.

How is it "half a game"?

And where's the paywall? There has been no paid DLC yet, at all... and when there is DLC, it will *only* be new maps that are paid for (& it's not like there aren't already a lot of maps!)... All other updates will be free - including new games modes etc. in addition to the recent free update we've already had that added stuff like private matches.

Or do you mean it is "half a game" because it is multiplayer only, and the "paywall" is Xbox Live Gold?

I don't think that's really a valid argument.

It's always been a multiplayer only game, with no SP campaign, plus anyone with an Xbox knows they need Gold to play MP, so it's not like you wouldn't have known when you got it.

An SP campaign and MP mode are hardly each "half a game" for other big-name shooters, anyway.

Look at BF4 and COD Ghosts. Unlike Titanfall, they each have an SP campaign despite primarily being online shooters (especially BF4)... yet the SP campaign on both is *awful*, especially on COD Ghosts. You could finish the SP campaign on each in 6-8 hours (if you could be bothered to force yourself to finish it) and then never go back because they *suck*, whereas the MP would give you dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of hours of play.

What would the point have been in wasting time and money creating an SP campaign for Titanfall? I'm glad they pumped everything into the MP - something I'll get a buttload of hours out of - than wasted resources on a short and p***-poor SP campaign like on Ghosts and BF4...

Not sure if it's what you're saying, but I never understand those who say that Titanfall should be cheaper because it has no SP and is MP only...I think the fairest way to assign "value" to a game is to look at how much time you get out of it and how much you enjoy that time... The amount of time an SP campaign would add would be insignificant compared to the time you can get out of the MP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it "half a game"?

And where's the paywall? There has been no paid DLC yet, at all... and when there is DLC, it will *only* be maps that are paid for... All other updates will be free - including new games modes etc. in addition to the recent free update we've already had that added stuff like private matches.

Do you mean it is "half a game" because it is multiplayer only, and the "paywall" is Xbox Live Gold?

I don't think that's really a valid argument.

It's always been a multiplayer only game, with no SP campaign, plus anyone with an Xbox knows they need Gold to play MP, so it's not like you wouldn't have known when you got it.

An SP campaign and MP mode are hardly each "half a game" for other big-name shooters, anyway.

Look at BF4 and COD Ghosts. Unlike Titanfall, they each have an SP campaign despite primarily being online shooters (especially BF4)... yet the SP campaign on both is *awful*, especially on COD Ghosts. You could finish the SP campaign on each in 6-8 hours (if you could be bothered to force yourself to finish it) and then never go back because they *suck*, whereas the MP would give you dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of hours of play.

What would the point have been in wasting time and money creating an SP campaign for Titanfall? I'm glad they pumped everything into the MP - something I'll get a buttload of hours out of - than wasted resources on a short and p***-poor SP campaign like on Ghosts and BF4...

Chill out!

Half a game as in multi player only at full price with an additional £20 for the season pass hence the paywall comment! Nothing to do with the xbox one specifically as I have it on the pc!

When you play it it IS limited with content and becomes repetitive quickly -in my opinion.

Take it no one is allowed to disrespect or criticise the game because it's ALSO out on the xbox one?
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    I got to play the full game for a bit yesterday while visiting a friend who brought it for his XB1 & Oddly I didn't have as much fun with it as I did while playing the beta.

While I was playing the beta I did have fun playing it, As I said at the time no more/less fun than I have playing a lot of other FPS's online but I still had fun & did intend to buy it on PC at some point.

Yet for some reason while I was playing the full game I just didn't have much fun with it & thats actually now completely put me off buying the full game myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Chill out!

Half a game as in multi player only at full price with an additional £20 for the season pass hence the paywall comment! Nothing to do with the xbox one specifically as I have it on the pc!

When you play it it IS limited with content and becomes repetitive quickly -in my opinion.

Take it no one is allowed to disrespect or criticise the game because it's ALSO out on the xbox one?

Ha, sorry!

Season pass is *just* for maps... All other extra content and updates will be free. That's stuff like the recent private match update (which will be getting improved with more options), more burn cards, more game modes, more customisation options, etc.

Charging for maps or having a season pass is far from unique to Titanfall.

As for "multiplayer only at full price"... As I said, I don't agree with that at all. So what if it is MP only? Would a 6 hour SP campaign really add much value to it, compared to how many hours you can get out of the MP?

Not saying you can't criticise it, just don't understand or agree with the "half a game" stuff, as explained.

Xbox comments... Sorry, just assumed it was criticism of the Xbox version... This is DS, after all ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, sorry!

Season pass is *just* for maps... All other extra content and updates will be free. That's stuff like the recent private match update (which will be getting improved with more options), more burn cards, more game modes, more customisation options, etc.

Charging for maps or having a season pass is far from unique to Titanfall.

As for "multiplayer only at full price"... As I said, I don't agree with that at all. So what if it is MP only? Would a 6 hour SP campaign really add much value to it, compared to how many hours you can get out of the MP?

Not saying you can't criticise it, just don't understand or agree with the "half a game" stuff, as explained.

Xbox comments... Sorry, just assumed it was criticism of the Xbox version... This is DS, after all ;)

No worries :)

To me it feels like half a game with the other half available for an extra 20 quid.

A single player campaign, albeit a pointless or crap like bf/cod, would add value rather than paying full price for a online only game.

Although I'm glad I only paid £26 for the pc version. I think that's a more realistic price.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id agree. If it's mp only id hope it was busting at the seams with modes, maps etc.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Single player is what gets me in the door. I bought COD4 for the single player ventured into the online and loved it, I bought Battlefield BC1 for the single player then rediscovered my love for the BF series.

I am a single player gamers at heart so buy most of my games to experience the single player mode. I wouldn't buy an online only game because in my experience most online modes are just a carbon copy of the games before with a gimmick thrown in. That is how I view Titanfall, its COD with some big robots and some Mirrors Edge jumping about. If it had a single player campaign I would probably give it a go then venture into the online mode and maybe discover that COD with robots is really good fun.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titanfall isn't a half game, it's a well made full game and although I didn't pay the RRP, I would have been happy too.

It's like single-player games only, it's not a half game because it doesn't have a multi-player, if the story and gameplay is well done, then that's value for me.

I hate it when they tack on a multi-player on a story driven game because it just doesn't need one. The same should be said for multi-player games only, if the sole purpose is the multi-player, then it shouldn't have a single-player as a second thought.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. That is all.
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought the PC version - Bored of it after a few hours, now archived on my spinner.

Much too simple, repetitive, boring - and even being a member of the PC gaming mustard rice, the graphics maxed were not much to speak about.

Oh, with TF2 I can turn my computer on, boot and be in a game within a minute, Titanfall has way too much waiting tacked on to the already meh game experience.

Of course, not a chance I'll be getting the DLC, you get very little game for your money as it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOR ANY XBOX ONE OWNERS SITTING ON THE FENCE

http://www.zavvi.com/xbox-one-games/titanfall/10817162.html

A Reasonable price for this game
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So i'm thinking of subbing to Gold again so i can play this (at the moment i'm using a 48 hour card)

Where are the best places to get a month or for the right price a year sub
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    So i'm thinking of subbing to Gold again so i can play this (at the moment i'm using a 48 hour card)

Where are the best places to get a month or for the right price a year sub

1 month:

£5.99 at CDKeys.com

£4.99 at SimplyCDKeys.com

12+1 months:

£26.90 at CDKeys.com (currently sold out)

£26.99 at SimplyCDKeys.com

I've used both sites before, more than once, and never had any problems. Other people at DS have used them too (there are threads in the Xbox forum).

Better, IMO, than eBay...
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i havent played online for a while but i did pick this up on 360, if anybody fancies a game then add me

gmeboyhorror