Pobol Y Cwm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I could be reading too much into it. Maybe I'm just not expecting a happy ending in Pobol y Cwm, doesn't happen all that often! ;)

I do agree about Macs! He's definitely the bad apple. Very devious character.
  • Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshHoll wrote: »
    I could be reading too much into it. Maybe I'm just not expecting a happy ending in Pobol y Cwm, doesn't happen all that often! ;)
    You are right about relationships going bad in PYC. :) Right now, I dread Brandon finding out about Dani and Garry more than any other upcoming relationship disaster.
    Forum Member
    Me too! Brandon would be gutted by any infidelity, the fact it's Garry will make it a hundred times worse. Poor Britt would also be caught between brothers.

I also think Sioned is beginning to crack. She went out looking for Fflam last night, I think she's concerned that she's gone too far this time. Deep down, somewhere, I think she's got a heart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! Brandon would be gutted by any infidelity, the fact it's Garry will make it a hundred times worse. Poor Britt would also be caught between brothers.
    Brandon has been such a good brother to Garry during this difficult time and this is how he pays him back. What a horrible person. I really want Brandon to hit him hard in the face or maybe go all Grant Mitchell on him. I can't help hoping that Dani and Brandon will be able to survive this and if there is a baby, that it is Brandon's.

I also think Sioned is beginning to crack. She went out looking for Fflam last night, I think she's concerned that she's gone too far this time. Deep down, somewhere, I think she's got a heart.
    What Sioned did to Fflam is unforgivable. If anything happens to him, she needs to lose everything. I hope that they find Fflam.
    Forum Member
    Gwen_PYC wrote: »
    Brandon has been such a good brother to Garry during this difficult time and this is how he pays him back.

Exactly. Brandon looked after Garry's businesses when he was on the run and even put his own business on the line to pay Garry's bond. I can't understand Garry's motive for it all. He's always been a bit of a villain towards other people but never to his own family. What changed?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garry and Dani sleeping together was so random, total plot device. For some unknown reason, I don't hold it against Dani. She is the writers' pawn and she genuinely loves Brandon. I find Garry's actions intolerable because of how he went on and on about Britt and Brandon being his own family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sioned's new store may end up crashing thanks to Macs's advice.

Yvonne was very tough on Garry to Britt, but I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for him.

Griffiths' plan is dumb.
    Forum Member
    Sioned's new store may end up crashing thanks to Macs's advice.

Yvonne was very tough on Garry to Britt, but I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for him.

Griffiths' plan is dumb.

I think Macs is totally scamming Sioned. I think he'll take her for every penny. He's not the sort of character who'd help out of the goodness of his heart. He's devious.

I felt a little bit sorry for Garry last night, just a tiny bit. Watching him make the video for Gwern made me a little sad.

Griffiths is such a fool. Everything he does goes wrong somehow and I don't see any reason why this plan would be any different :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, a Colin heavy episode. I just don't like him.

Any chance that Jinx and Ffion get together. She is so lonely and he is a nice good looking guy.
    Forum Member
    I ended up only half watching this episode due to the sheer volume of Colin. So over the top!

There was a thing a while ago where Ffion and Jinx went on a date after that secret good deeds thing Jinx did for a while. He sent her some anonymous flowers, she found out they were from him and they went out for a drink. It didn't work out unfortunately. She seems to scare people off with her needy personality. It's a shame really because they both seem quite lonely in their own way.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Macs is being devious, and Sioned is too stupid to see it.
    "oh how about you put the car in my name for insurance purposes"? And Sioned simpers "whatever you say Macs.
    LOL. It couldn`t happen to a better person.
    Does anyone else think that somehow those two men that Garry ratted on in Newcastle will turn up in Cwm Deri at some point wanting revenge?? and possibly kidnap Gwern or threaten to hurt him if Garry doesn`t do as they say???

I really think that Ffion is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.The way she lashed out at those kids in school a while back confirms it. All that drinking doesn`t help. She needs a man, and I don`t think Jinx is the one. Maybe she she starts an affair with Probert - even though he`s married.
    Colin is getting on my wick lately. He was the one that decided he didnt` want an affair with Anita.
    Forum Member
    Ffion and Probert :eek: Hadn't even thought of that but she's had worse I suppose! Poor Ffion, she needs some love from somewhere.

As for the men from Newcastle theory, it sounds plausible! If they were involved in something as heavy duty as people trafficking then they must be nasty pieces of work! By the way, I had a little giggle when I saw one of them was Terry from Emmerdale :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't considered Probert for Ffion. I have doubts there and not because he is married.

I think the Newscastle thugs showing is very possible and would be exciting as well.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ffion and Probert :eek: Hadn't even thought of that but she's had worse I suppose! Poor Ffion, she needs some love from somewhere.

As for the men from Newcastle theory, it sounds plausible! If they were involved in something as heavy duty as people trafficking then they must be nasty pieces of work! By the way, I had a little giggle when I saw one of them was Terry from Emmerdale :D

And the other was Neil Grayling from Bad Girls :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Garrys father turned out to be Nicola King`s ex husband from Emmerdale. What a character guest list in Newcastle it turned out to be LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uh oh next Wednesday
    Sioned warns Eileen to keep away from the launch of the new and improved shop as she's not welcome. Eileen agrees but comes across something in her daughter's room that enrages her so much, she shows up at the launch and makes a spectacle of her daughter in front of everyone.

Meanwhile, Alun is angry with Iolo for flirting with another man.
    I have a feeling Eileen finds Fflams dog collar in Sioneds room. it`s the only thing that would make her angry as Sioned knows how much Eileen loved that puppy and how devestated she was when her other dog died.
    Hooray - I can`t wait til next Wednesday!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good episode next Wednesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long does Gaynor think that Lois can stay hidden away in the house? The pregnancy will come out eventually.

Now I am starting to see Alun in a different light. He was very obnoxious to Ffion. Why doesn't Iolo just tell Alun that he doesn't want to live together right now? Is Ryland Teifi not staying on the show? It sounded like Alun may be leaving. I want Ryland to become a regular.

Ffion has got to stop drinking so much.

Huw is so sweet. Doesn't Rhys feel even a little guilty?

Colin was a little better together
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haven't watched this in ages. it is a bit hit or miss. there never seems to be a big climax to a storyline.

like when the headteacher had an abortion. she revealed the truth to her boyfriend and they just moved on like nothing happened.

a bit like when sheryl split up with the guy that had a stroke, another anti-climax.

also the scott and gay guy snog! that was so random!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Cadno saw Sioned about to hit Eileen again. Something has to be done about Sioned.

I like seeing Brandon and Dani so happy, the honeymoon period before the truth comes out. Dani was harsh on Griffiths.
    Forum Member
    Now I am starting to see Alun in a different light. He was very obnoxious to Ffion. Why doesn't Iolo just tell Alun that he doesn't want to live together right now? Is Ryland Teifi not staying on the show? It sounded like Alun may be leaving. I want Ryland to become a regular.

There's definitely something odd about Alun. He's very controlling and moving way more quickly than Iolo is comfortable with.
    I liked that Rhys is planning a footloose and fancy free future - little does he know that it's all going to come crashing down around his ears!

@gpk - In my opinion, PYC is very slow burning. There's rarely a massive showdown or climax (like Eastenders) but the consequences of the first action tend to extend through the following weeks and pop up sporadically. For example, with Sheryl and Kevin splitting up, that carried on through the next weeks with Sheryl dating Gethin etc and still has effects now that they're all trying to get along for Wil's sake. The same with the contrast between the headteacher's decision to have an abortion and her daughter's refusal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's definitely something odd about Alun. He's very controlling and moving way more quickly than Iolo is comfortable with.
    I can't help hoping that Alun will slow down and he and Iolo work it out, but it isn't looking good right now.
    I liked that Rhys is planning a footloose and fancy free future - little does he know that it's all going to come crashing down around his ears!
    Rhys doesn't even seem guilty about sleeping with Lois. I can't wait for him to realize that he is about to become a father. I hope Huw rips him a new one.

Garry is getting desperate. I am convinced that he will find a way to stay out of jail.

How old is Indeg? Is she is possible love interest for Huw?:D
  • PausePause Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha! I never knew there was a thread for Pobol Y Cwm on here!

I'm seeing a lot of dislike for Colin, but he has his moments - I liked the friendship he struck up with Charlie.
    Forum Member

How old is Indeg? Is she is possible love interest for Huw?:D

As far as I remember she's closer to Ricky's age, I think I remember some scenes with them together in the primary school when she was in it last time.

Also, it looks like they've replaced Gwern with another baby in the space of an episode. In the cafe on he was the usual baby and later on in the playpen at the flat, he'd swapped heads! :p
    Forum Member
    Pause wrote: »
    Ha ha! I never knew there was a thread for Pobol Y Cwm on here!

I'm seeing a lot of dislike for Colin, but he has his moments - I liked the friendship he struck up with Charlie.

I was shocked to find one too! It's nice to be able to discuss it, I don't know many people who watch it.

It's not the character of Colin I dislike, it's the actor. I just find him too over the top, a bit hammy. I thought Charlie was a bit wooden too :o
This discussion has been closed.