This weeks show Sept 7th

Comments

• Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marymcl wrote: »
    I agree to a slight degree but I feel the star quality will really show on the live shows. She needs to get thru to live shows as she clearly has the vocal ability.

If she does get through to the live shows, we can only hope that she shows star quality. Let's see how she gets on in this process before discussing about live shows - she might fail again for the 3rd time before live shows begin (personally I hope not). :)
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besides Melanie does anyone know who else is on at the weekend?

Well we know that the 4 judges and Dermot will be there :D
    We will have to find out when we watch it this weekend :)
  • marymclmarymcl Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super excited to see Melanie's audition. If anyone hears what she sings or has any clips of the audition please post.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the point of Melanie being auditioned again ?
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    tony321 wrote: »
    What is the point of Melanie being auditioned again ?

what do you mean what is the point?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Exactly. Melanie was certain that she wouldn't audition again, my guesses are either the judges (Gary and Louis, who are very fond of her) or the producers asked her to audition again...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO she is entitled to audition if that is her desire, the producers or judges do not have to pick her, but thing is they do and have done repeatedly (2x bootcamp and JH), so they see something in her for sure, maybe she was not ready in the past, because the talent is undeniable.
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was only sent home in 2011 because they were never going to put 2 irish girls through and Janet Devlin was the chosen one at that stage in 2011 , it had nothing to do with her not being good enough, they didn't want to divide the vote
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As well as Melanie I am looking forward to seeing XYRA and Reily.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't you think being rejected twice is enough ? She just comes over as desperate now, if she was going to get through it would have been second time like Alexandra.

Time for her to face facts that she won't win X Factor
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    well Jade Richards is back and its her 7th time, melanie's actually trying for the 4th time
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well Jade Richards is back and its her 7th time, melanie's actually trying for the 4th time

FACEPALM loool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    many contestants have tried several times before getting through to see the judges.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daffydi11 wrote: »
    many contestants have tried several times before getting through to see the judges.

Danyl Johnson had atleast 3 attempts to get to the judges auditions.
    Forum Member
    Danyl Johnson had atleast 3 attempts to get to the judges auditions.

exactly, also Charlie had been at houses twice with previous groups before he got put into the risk. I don't know why people have to ridicule people for continuing to audition, the producers, judges etc must see something in returning contestants or they wouldn't get past the 1st audition with the judges
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I think when Alexandra won it was her 3rd or 4th time auditioning too.. correct me if Im wrong
    Forum Member
    I think when Alexandra won it was her 3rd or 4th time auditioning too.. correct me if Im wrong

im sure I read that also and olly tried every year till he got on to the show.. and im glad he did lol :D
    Forum Member
    Jade from Little Mix auditioned four or five times before as well. I'd seriously be annoyed if Melanie gets cut at judges houses 'this year...
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Abi Alton will be shown tomorrow too - This Morning just played a clip of her.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi Alton's audition is to be shown tomorrow as will Barclay the Yodeller. It was just shown at the end of this morning. Both audition with guitars
    Forum Member
    I found Abi very...Janet Devlin 2.0. :o

Here's her audition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-ve8mR7JI
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I found Abi very...Janet Devlin 2.0. :o

Here's her audition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-ve8mR7JI

Pleasant enough, but unlikely to be a winner. I think Sadia McEwan is better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6y-s3nE0Wg
    Forum Member
    Pleasant enough, but unlikely to be a winner. I think Sadia McEwan is better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6y-s3nE0Wg

Abi's audition is very pleasant but I think she'll lose her credibility and artistry if she progresses on to the live shows, it was the same with Janet Devlin she felt really uncomfortable on the show after a while and you could really tell this from the performances she was putting on.:(

I said this once but she's perfect for The Voice UK...:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Abi's audition is very pleasant but I think she'll lose her credibility and artistry if she progresses on to the live shows, it was the same with Janet Devlin she felt really uncomfortable on the show after a while and you could really tell this from the performances she was putting on.:(

I said this once but she's perfect for The Voice UK...:o

Actually she is a little bit like Andrea Begley who won The Voice. She does play the piano as well, so it will be interessting if she uses that. .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here is the guy yodeling. I suppose he could be this years novelty act. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7C-O30eRPc