Options

What was your first tweet?'

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
https://discover.twitter.com/first-tweet you can find out on that link

mine was - 1650: Half-time Manchester City 3-1 Birmingham on April 11 2010 - cant remember why i wrote that.

Comments

• Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was:
    I'm working out the point in twitter :) 7:44 PM - 4 Jun 2009

How lame.
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a lemon sherbert or something like that.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I'll let you know when I do one. Tweeting is for birds (the feathered type) and I find them far more fascinating to watch than some internet fad.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    https://discover.twitter.com/first-tweet you can find out on that link

mine was - 1650: Half-time Manchester City 3-1 Birmingham on April 11 2010 - cant remember why i wrote that.

I'm guessing it's because Manchester City were leading Birmingham 3-1 at half time. :p

Edit: Seriously though, and I'm probably sad for looking up the score etc. there was an unusual rush of goals just before half time in that game so it might've caught the attention. The first goal came in the 38th minute and after 43 it was 3-1.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I thaw a puddy tat
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    26/06/2009:-

'Sat at desk in tears over MJ's sad demise'

Just to explain, I wasn't really. The next tweet a minute later read:-

'Have now recovered and am no longer in tears'.

All a bit shite really.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Hmm... Can't find that first Tweet! Either that @username doesn't exist, or it's protected.

Never had twitter! :D
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey. Mine was apparently
    "I want Jeanie Civil as my own personal daily motivator."

I'd completely forgotten that. Apparently she's some sort of training guru - she's been in and done a really good training session on one of our staff training days, and I came away all enthused for at least the rest of the day. That was in October 2010. I have no idea what she talked about, what she said, or what I took away from that session.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    '@backstreetboys only you could make vegetables sound sexy'

LOL feel free to imagine what tweet I was replying to :D I was a massive fan, I only originally joined so I could folow them on there :o I don't tweet about them anymore.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Don't know. I've had several Twitter accounts, my first one isn't active anymore.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmm.. I dont seem to get the point of this. :S
    Guess I'm just gonna have to talk to myself!
    6:44 PM - 27 Apr 2010

Aaaand nothing has changed.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I've had a twitter account for a few years now but have never sent one I only use it to read what a few Wrestlers have to say
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An imaginative "Hello world".
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    I'll let you know when I do one. Tweeting is for birds (the feathered type) and I find them far more fascinating to watch than some internet fad.

I had to smile at your claim it's a "fad" :D
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wishes he wasn't the last thing on your mind..

12:10 AM - 24 Oct 2008

No clue what that was about, bit of an odd first tweet too, but I tend to just tweet streams of consciousness. Occasionally, I'm entertaining, but it's rare!
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been on twitter for almost 6 years...bit of a long fad don't you think?
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "@[friend]Not sure if I'm doing it right? Help. I need vodka."

Yes, no space between his username and 'not'. No wonder why he never responded. Heh.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't find my very first one as my old account is no longer active... But my first tweet on my current account was me retweeting:
    Your mistakes should be your motivation, not your excuses. #TLS
    5:45 PM - 14 Dec 2011
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watching Dancing on Ice!
    8:00 PM - 8 Feb 2009
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Sat on a computer hoping for 2morrow off school like

6.55pm 4 Feb 2009

That's really awful I can't believe I sent that
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I've been on twitter for almost 6 years...bit of a long fad don't you think?

I guess so. To me it seems a very clumsy way of exchanging information. Apparently, you're limited to 240 characters to a reply, which is no good to me in many cases and it's full of @this @that. I'm all for embracing new technology, but twitter has yet to give me that wow factor, so I'm leaving it alone for the time being.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    '16 Feb 2010
    Joining this so called phenomenon. Unconvinced but we'll see.'
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine's pretty embarrassing. I joined DS (and Twitter) because I was watching Big Brother 11 and obsessed with two of the housemates (John James and Josie - JJJ) .. something I thankfully recovered from :blush:, so my first tweet was

"Staying up late again watching BB live feed, in the hopes of some JJJ action - ever the dreamer!"

ETA: 3:18am 20 July 2010
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess so. To me it seems a very clumsy way of exchanging information. Apparently, you're limited to 240 characters to a reply, which is no good to me in many cases and it's full of @this @that. I'm all for embracing new technology, but twitter has yet to give me that wow factor, so I'm leaving it alone for the time being.

It's less, it's 140 characters. I like that tweets are so concise, people can't ramble on and have to get straight to the point. Unfortunately it also means use of abbreviations and text speak sometimes!
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

I'll be honest I used to think l this way also. To be fair I dont really tweet all that much anyway but use it primarily as a media source. When a major story breaks it's genuinely remarkable.

With regard to exchanging information I'd disagree totally, and actually argue that it's perhaps the fastest and easiest way for people to share information that's out there. If it wasn't then the likes of CNN, BBC News or any other major media organisation you care to mention, as well as all Blue Chip companies wouldn't have accounts that they often update faster than their own web pages.
    You may be constricted to a character limit but this doesn't stop journalists, bloggers, joe public etc posting links and other such information, which is effectively being updated in real-time.

It's a remarkably clever marketing tool and the only downside I see are the morons who inhabit it's space, the cyber bullies, the weirdos and oddballs etc but then in it's defence you could argue that about many places on the internet. :p