tomorrow
  • Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next!!
  • marknotgeorgemarknotgeorge Posts: 2,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I worked at McDonald's, the store was quite close to Next. We used to open early and have people running up and down the queue selling muffins and coffee. When Next moved to a new unit further away, they tried people on roller skates. Can't seem them trying it this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was today in Scotland, England is tomorrow.. some stores open at 5am, most 7am
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have purchased some items online today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never really understood the appeal about Next or its sales. I think they have warehouses full of past lines that never really sold that they wheel out every time they have a sale, simply because they know people go bonkers whilst the sales are on.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I does not want to swear but ******* sake...........5am in the morning :eek:
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next is pretty dire, it masquerades as a mid-range high street store but it's clothes are in the same quality and design ballpark as Primark, but more expensive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today. I hate Next :(
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Next is pretty dire, it masquerades as a mid-range high street store but it's clothes are in the same quality and design ballpark as Primark, but more expensive.

I agree with you.

From the window or a distance their stuff looks rather like Habitat quality. On close-up inspection, many items are pretty inferior and not very well made.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ventured out to the sale and arrived about 30 mins after opening and the que was so huge I decided to return home. I went to an adhoc one in the middle of nowhere and expected it to be a little more quiet than the usual.

What a waste of time :D
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i got a next voucher for christmas and i've never shopped in the store in my life and looking at the website, i doubt i ever will, its not my scene at all!

...unless they sell chocolate!!:p

i've given it to my mum but she's more a marks and sparks woman:D..she took it off my hands though:p
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just shop on-line??

No waiting in line, and cheaper prices.

I never know why people do this getting up early just to go to a shop thing.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you get up at 5am to go and buy a load of tat? I find it mind boggling.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't understand the appeal of sales at all. Why queue up half the night to buy stuff that you don't want or need just because they're cheaper than they were last week?

The Next sale drama baffles me. All they do is drag out stuff from 3 years ago that no one wanted then and people go crazy.

I could sort of understand if it was a designer store and you wanted a £500 dress for £100 but to get up at silly o'clock to buy a £40 top for £20 and a dress from 2008 - just beyond me.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    And people actually queue from about 4am....madness!
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you get up at 5am to go and buy a load of tat? I find it mind boggling.

Actually I really want a sofa that doesnt take 6 weeks to deliver and in the Next sale you can just them away.

Anyway it didnt happen. I would never go to Next for clothes.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never understood the Next sale either. When i worked in London i worked opposite a Next. I would wander over there around 10am to see what they had, and it was like a jumble sale. The clothing was crumbled and dirty and being troden on. Everything just looked old and tatty. And if by some miracle you saw something you did like, the queue was soooo long you would spend about an hour waiting to pay.

Never again.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the previous one like?
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not just shop on-line??

No waiting in line, and cheaper prices.

I never know why people do this getting up early just to go to a shop thing.

Deliverly really let me down this year. I won't be doing online Christmas shopping next year.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I really want a sofa that doesnt take 6 weeks to deliver and in the Next sale you can just them away.

Anyway it didnt happen. I would never go to Next for clothes.

Are you THE Polly Perkins? :eek: If so, I love you :D
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    Deliverly really let me down this year. I won't be doing online Christmas shopping next year.

When did you order everything?
  • SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merel wrote: »
    I've never really understood the appeal about Next or its sales. I think they have warehouses full of past lines that never really sold that they wheel out every time they have a sale, simply because they know people go bonkers whilst the sales are on.

Spot on. They never seem to have normal Next clothes in their sale. It's all huge Hawai shirts you'd expect to see John Candy wearing in an 80s movie.

I don't know how they get away with it - it's like they just bus in a load of oversized XXXL tat that Primark rejected through the year.
  • big_satsumabig_satsuma Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    I worked the Next sale once.

Never again! :)