Options

Hugh Grant - such a boring actor

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Like Jennifer Aniston he always seems to play the same type of character in pretty much everything he does. I think Bridget Jones was his one time he stepped out his safety net.

Any1 agree?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Yep....
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I hate Hugh Grant ... with a passion ... he's so drole ....

I also cant stand yer wan from Sex and the City .... the main one .....

Lukily, last weekend I got to watch a film with him and her in it ... Somethin about the Morgans .... Oh such tripe !!!!!!
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Jennifer Aniston he always seems to play the same type of character in pretty much everything he does. I think Bridget Jones was his one time he stepped out his safety net.

Any1 agree?

I could not agree more with you on both actors and actresses mentioned. Hugh Grant did do Extreme Measures with Gene Hackman which was a thriller but it was poor. Jennifer Aniston also did a thriller but I do not know the name of it and I do not think it was particularly successful because she is stronger at romantic comedies.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I hate Hugh Grant ... with a passion ... he's so drole ....

I also cant stand yer wan from Sex and the City .... the main one .....

Lukily, last weekend I got to watch a film with him and her in it ... Somethin about the Morgans .... Oh such tripe !!!!!!

That'd be Sarah Jessica Footface.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot watch him for a sec. He comes over as fake and affected even when he's been interviewed.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never think you get your moneys worth from his movies

He always looks so bored and it's like he's just going through the motions whilst wanting to be somewhere else.

I just don't understand the appeal.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    That'd be Sarah Jessica Footface.

Haha, thats the one surely:D:D ..... Can't stand watchin the girl !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. He is a boring, type-caste, samey actor.
    But i have respect for him as a person. He was talking about it on the Jonathan Ross show and he was like "I'm a very limited actor, theres only so much i can do, it's a job you know"
    So he knows he's nothing special. He seemed quite level headed and likeable in that interview.
    but yeah as far as acting goes...he's nothing above average.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, as much as I'll get flamed for saying this, I'd say you're pretty much stating fact there... he is the same character in everything, but when he's so charmingly beffudled with everything, who can resist? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    leaby wrote: »
    Actually, as much as I'll get flamed for saying this, I'd say you're pretty much stating fact there... he is the same character in everything, but when he's so charmingly beffudled with everything, who can resist? :rolleyes:

I can-quite easily.
    Sure you don't mean CARY Grant- a real master of his craft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I quite liked him in Sense and Sensibility and thought he was brilliant in About a Boy although he was probably just playing himself in that! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »

I normally love Hugh Grant films - but absolutely HATED this one, the other one of his that I didn't like was American Dreamz - gave both DVDs away to the charity shop.
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. 1 dimensional tripe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    He's no more wanting than other actors with only one string to their bows, eg....

Jason Statham - angry hard guy
    Zooey Deschanel - cute and quirky
    Ray Winstone - mob/gang leader