Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Comments

• GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    There's something about Oscar's brother Carl that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Yes me too.
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This story is a distraction from real issues.Whats it got to do with us.STOP the hype with Olympics athlete's, they then believe the hype themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like you are telling fibs.

People are only reporting here what is reported elsewhere for the benefit of others. Don't shoot the messenger.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guilty of her intentional murder or not, my take is that he will get off lightly. If only because the police seem to have stuffed up the investigation.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    So, to summarize, you've convicted him of culpable homicide; determined sentence; called the actual time served (with reasons), and judged that he got away with it whatever the outcome.

Please pm me the winning numbers for the next euromillions draw.

:D

This forum is a doozy ain't it?
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I don't think you were fibbing. Sky are known for incompetent reporting.

Sky is the televisual equivalent of The Sun. The fact that they misreported something like this is disgusting, especially as people are already only too willing to believe any old crap that's written about Oscar (like the 'illegal steroids' BS).
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    As soon as i found out she was cremated, and so soon, it sounded very suspicious.

Lets hope they did a thorough autopsy and report, that it never gets lost, or that the dr who performed it is not awaiting a manslaughter charge.

Surely It was HER family who decided on a cremation rather than a burial. If they had wanted a burial or for her body to be retained by the undertaker for a period of time, then they could have done so. How can it be suspicious if it was their decision?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    "53% of homicides were linked to gun violence" :eek:.

I need to stop reading in to this sh*t. I'm going to be a quivering wreck after dark :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This tweet from Andrew Harding at the BBC.

Strange, flat mood now. Such a build up. Such a sense of drama. Now realisation that it was just bail hearing and a long battle lies ahead.

Tell me about it. Roll on the trial...:-P
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    GinaH wrote: »
    Try explaining that to Reeva! If only you could?

Accidents happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    This story is a distraction from real issues.Whats it got to do with us.STOP the hype with Olympics athlete's, they then believe the hype themselves.

I don't understand this post. Can anyone translate it to simpler form for me please.
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Ok lets even assume he was guilty and knew it was her in the bathroom. He could plead manslaughter as it was possible that she provoked him, people can get pushed beyond their limits. Maybe she mocked him for having no legs? Not that he really wanted to kill her but lost his mind in a moment of anger. That looks more like 2nd degree or man slaughter.

it was not like a planned killing i.e Anni Dewani case.
    Forum Member
    No, there was a report that some in the court room heard OP quietly say 'yes'. Not sure if that's the yes we heard though. I doubt it.

OMG, the 'Yes' from Oscar was from when Nair asked him if he understood the conditions of the bail. It was the only time Oscar spoke throughout the entire session. This is the problem with people having access to half-arsed bits of information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    Accidents happen.

An accident? :rolleyes:
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I think it is important to remember that someone lost their life," Kim Myers, friend of Reeva, reacting to #Pistorius bail.

^. Lost on some here also.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tell me about it. Roll on the trial...:-P

SKY have got the TV rights I believe.
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Yes she was, and I know she wasn't actually in the court. I did say that I wasn't sure she was right

Well that explains it then. She might be biased like many female journalists covering this case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, the 'Yes' from Oscar was from when Nair asked him if he understood the conditions of the bail. It was the only time Oscar spoke throughout the entire session. This is the problem with people having access to half-arsed bits of information.

This is correct.

Some of us have tried our best to post here what has been reported on numerous sources but I'm not sure it has helped so much :D
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Accidents happen.

this is not like spilling juice over a carpet

nothing will bring reeva back her poor family :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex Crawford of Sky tweeted that OP has to refrain from alcohol during proceedings. Does he like a drink?
    Yes, it could be said that he likes a drink. Lots of alcohol was allegedly found in his house at the time of the shooting, and he has been involved in drink-related incidents:

In February 2009, he crashed a speedboat on South Africa’s Vaal River, breaking his nose, jaw and several ribs and damaging an eye socket. He required some 180 stitches to his face. Witnesses said he had been drinking, and officers found alcoholic beverages in the wreckage, though they did not do blood tests.
    Forum Member
    This is correct.

Some of us have tried our best to post here what has been reported on numerous sources but I'm not sure it has helped so much :D

People just believe what they want to believe, as long as it reinforces their pre-conceived conceptions. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANC women's league: "What is distressing is the reaction of some men in court who jumped up and celebrated ... as if they had won a trophy"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Accidents happen.

What? How can firing 4 shots, at close range, into a small room where you know there's is another human being, possibly be described as an accident?
    :confused:

Or do you believe that Oscar tripped and fell and the gun went off accidentally?
    Forum Member
    scumble wrote: »
    Yes, it could be said that he likes a drink. Lots of alcohol was allegedly found in his house at the time of the shooting, and he has been involved in drink-related incidents:

In February 2009, he crashed a speedboat on South Africa’s Vaal River, breaking his nose, jaw and several ribs and damaging an eye socket. He required some 180 stitches to his face. Witnesses said he had been drinking, and officers found alcoholic beverages in the wreckage, though they did not do blood tests.

'26-year-old man likes a drink' shocker. This is just more BS.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to stop reading in to this sh*t. I'm going to be a quivering wreck after dark :D

It's like a car crash though isn't it, you know it's horrible but you can't help looking.
This discussion has been closed.