Taylor Swift at Hyde Park yesterday

Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
Forum Member
✭✭
Did any of you lot go?

I was invited at the last minute and very glad I went. Great show. Ellie Goulding and John Newman (and a couple of other people, I can't remember their names) as supporting acts were fantastic. At the end, Taylor brought Kendall Jenner, Sareena Williams, a couple of other chicks and that young British model called Cara with the thick, bushy eyebrows all out on the stage to greet the crowd. A nice surprise.

Taylor herself put on a brilliant performance with lots of interesting chat inbetween. I think she's a great role model for young women.

If you went, did you enjoy it?

Comments

• dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she price herself out of Glastonbury? Slightly surprising given she did Radio 1's Big Weekend a few weeks ago.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something slightly smug and Queen Beeish about the way she's started constantly trotting out her celeb pals.

I quite liked her before that.
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't go but a group of my friends did. The general consensus was that she was good, but not as entertaining as kylie last weekend.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Something slightly smug and Queen Beeish about the way she's started constantly trotting out her celeb pals.

I don't like this either and I don't know why. Last tour I found it cute when she brought people like Ellie and Ed on stage as she actually sang with them but this year it just seems to be like look at all my model of the moment mates.
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughters went, and had a brilliant time. Taylor was fantastic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I went and it was hands down the best live gig I've been to. I know she's an actress as much as a signer, and probably has a very big persona, but she seemed genuinely overwhelmed by the crowd in Hyde Park. I really like the girl - and seeing her pals on stage was fun to. Really good gig. Ellie Goulding and John Newman were good too, and the Cuban Brothers were unsung heroes! (carnival stage)
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hands down, the best concert I have ever been to. She spoke and interacted with the audience as much as she sang/danced, which I loved! She said many inspirational things, which made me feel good about myself (and I am sure lots of other people, too). She's a great role model for young girls!
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's something about her that I don't like

Too queen beeish?
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like this either and I don't know why. Last tour I found it cute when she brought people like Ellie and Ed on stage as she actually sang with them but this year it just seems to be like look at all my model of the moment mates.

Yes, it's strange isn't it. Wonder what point she's trying to prove with it?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »

I completely agree, though I really like her latest album.

She's always struck me as quite childish.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't go but re: bringing her friends out, she's just enjoying an amazing moment with her friends. She did style for Victoria Secret Model show and it goes really well with models coming and strutting their stuff, it's a bit of excitement for the crowd to see famous faces and an amazing memory to make with her close friends. What's the big deal?

She's proud of her friends and wants to show them off and for them to enjoy a moment with her, I don't see that as smug.

I think she's an awesome performer, a fantastic songwriter and all round pretty decent person with good morals. She isn't perfect, but then I don't recall her ever saying otherwise.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't go but re: bringing her friends out, she's just enjoying an amazing moment with her friends. She did style for Victoria Secret Model show and it goes really well with models coming and strutting their stuff, it's a bit of excitement for the crowd to see famous faces and an amazing memory to make with her close friends. What's the big deal?

She's proud of her friends and wants to show them off and for them to enjoy a moment with her, I don't see that as smug.

I think she's an awesome performer, a fantastic songwriter and all round pretty decent person with good morals. She isn't perfect, but then I don't recall her ever saying otherwise.

So why doesn't she just stick to using those talents when on stage, rather than trying to generate publicity by bringing Kylie/Kendall/Kandy/whatever Jenner and co?

That's the big problem with it for me. It just smacks of another publicity stunt. Isn't performing at Glastonbury alone enough of an amazing experience? She can always meet her friends afterwards in the VIP area and explore the rest of the site together. I also find it unusual that all her "close friends" at Glastonbury appeared to be showbiz darlings or famous sports stars. Did she not have friends with "ordinary" jobs that would liked to have joined her in front of the big crowd?
  • Joanne MAJoanne MA Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=IJoinedInMay;78774091

That's the big problem with it for me. It just smacks of another publicity stunt. Isn't performing at Glastonbury alone enough of an amazing experience? She can always meet her friends afterwards in the VIP area and explore the rest of the site together. I also find it unusual that all her "close friends" at Glastonbury appeared to be showbiz darlings or famous sports stars. Did she not have friends with "ordinary" jobs that would liked to have joined her in front of the big crowd?[/QUOTE]

Taylor Swift wasn't at Glastonbury!
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something about her trotting out her celeb friends for no reason and the way she's surrounded herself with a herd of sycophants that's off-putting to me. Very Regina George of her.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne MA wrote: »
    Taylor Swift wasn't at Glastonbury!

I think you missed the point there.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member

I actually really like her and I loved her last album. I also defend her a lot when people call her immature and compare her to more sophisticated people her age because I am a year younger than her and honestly me and my friends do not feel like "proper adults" at all, so I get that whole thing with her. And I don't think anyone in this thread has said otherwise about her having a sh*tload of talent but that doesn't stop me thinking that she does like to be "seen" with the right people.

For me it would be a lot more meaningful if she actually brought out her true friends or at least someone who can add to the show like when she brought Dan out from Imagine Dragons this year. I saw Paramore last year at Leeds Fest and Hayley Williams brought her sister on stage and they had a dance together whilst Paramore were performing their last song and imo that was a really touching moment because you could tell it meant something.

The whole Taylor thing to me doesn't though because next tour she will be bringing out whoever else is "in" at the moment or happens to be in town and popular on the DM sidebar of shame. I obviously do not know her personally and I may be very very wrong but it just seems like whoever is big right now is her best friend, they have sleepovers, they have baking parties and then when they fade out of the limelight that's it, you never see her with them again.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On her tour of UK (which sadly i had to attend) in between costume changes her famous friends gave video messages on big screen saying how "amazing " it was to be her friend.Quite creepy and vomit inducing really.
    None of her old school buddies, nope, just the famous weirdos like Haim sisters etc.