The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Dunno how I Am would work as 2nd single in UK. She should release that in UK after a successful single

It's gotten a lot of positive things said about it and seems to be a strong contender for a single, plus it sounds like something BBC Radio 1 would play, more so than "Fire Under My Feet". Plus we've only heard a snippet of it, I'm sure the full song is amazing.
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    So, to pass the time a bit -

What is your favourite lyric from a Leona song.

Sorry too difficult to select. :blush:

So a few favourites.

From the great Fingerprint. :cool:

" bursting for one sip of the innocence we once had"

And

" shadows of the past and the tattoo lines of your kiss"

And from the greatest unreleased single from Spirit

" i thought our days would last for ever/ in my mind we had so much time/but I was so wrong/I can't believe I could still find the strength in the moments we made"

And my favourite cover. Iris

"And I don't want the World to see me/cos I don't think,that they'll understand/when everything's made to be broken/ I just want you to know who I am"

All of these have spine tingling meaning and vocals. I can't separate them.:)
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From Stone Hearts And Hand Grenades - "There's a lot of strength in weakness, there's a lot of truth in lies". It's such a true lyric.
  • CorpsecandleCorpsecandle Posts: 139
    Forum Member

I am finding it hard. I wanted something from Happy but I end up wanting to quote the whole song because it is perfect as whole to me. (One of these days I will take its advice lol)

I do like some of the imagery of the songs in Glassheart though -

A thousand suns lead the way to an endless night

Baby, I'm staring at a piece of us
    Shattered on the sidewalk
    Tragic, broken like a china doll

Circles with no end,
    The ink, it stains my skin.
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    "Someone once told me that you have to choose what you win or lose, you can't have everything"

"Angels lift you off the ground, I've got shadows weighing me down"

"Is it the road less travelled or the one I already know?"

"And no I'm not travelling alone - I got my heart in my hand and you can bet I'm holding it close"

"Tragic, broken like a china doll, burning like a gun shot"

"I gotta find my place/I wanna hear my sound"

"All these days they feel like they're the same/ just different faces, different names/ get me out of here"

" I can't stand by the side and watch this life pass me by"

Basically, all of Happy. I so hope she still performs it. It fits so perfectly. It's like a pre-quel to I Am.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    June 23rd, so she recorded June 22nd. So yeah that's probably the feature :p

Damn you just burst my bubble. Haha
    Forum Member

"Baby I'm You"

:cool:
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Promise that we'll never fall apart and I'll love you with my glass heart."

It's not particularly deep or emotional but I love the Glassheart imagery. Amazing album title to.
  • Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Did you just listen to it over and over or did you meddle with he sound? It always seems so obvious once some one pins it down.

I was just casually listening to it, and then it just hit me ;-)
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Stay has some of Leona's best lyrics. I wish it ended up on Echo!
  • lee3_lee3_ Posts: 349
    Forum Member

Don't care about all the pain in front of me, I just want to be happy
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Thousand Lights has some brilliant lyrics too, anyone know if Leona has a writing credit on that?
    Forum Member
    HEYA

"Though I know the golden sun still shines down on everyone/My cold world would never be the same"

Stay

"Sunlight on your shoulder casts a shadow over me/turns our precious night into the darkest day"

"Let me have this moment/ Let me hide inside your heart"
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Yesss FUMF playing on TOWIE :D
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele teaser image flying round on Twitter, hope Leona hurries before she can't get a look in :(
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele teaser image flying round on Twitter, hope Leona hurries before she can't get a look in :(

She could have picked any time of the year and she went for Q4 :cry: She better collab with Leona and it's all forgiven
    Forum Member
    Was quite obvious Adele would release Q4 though, to break Britney's record for highest sales week for a female in the US. :cool:

But Leona will be fine. Hopefully the album will sell 100-200k by the end of this year in the UK.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It's not that I don't care, and it's that I don't want to share but some of these words are just too big to say"

I love How Everything You Are. And Stay. Leona needs to perform them on her next tour.
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to hear that Simon's mother died, sure Leona will send her love
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry:

Haha. :D I do like Adele but why couldn't she wait!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there really a teaser image because ATRL hasn't reported it and I think that would be the first forum to make 1019281 threads about it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Is there really a teaser image because ATRL hasn't reported it and I think that would be the first forum to make 1019281 threads about it :p

Yeah I looked on ATRL and was surprised to see nothing, but here is the image floating around on twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJLhNBzWoAADdkW.jpg

Could be fake of course, but I love that whole image/poster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted a thread on Atrl asking about that Adele pic and apparently its been around since last year, its an outtake from her Vogue shoot.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oc7TIacG0rQ/TzkP8pygHxI/AAAAAAAAXS4/YBsw4Lf7CUs/s1600/Vogue-magazine-outtakes-of-Adele-from-the-March-2012-Issue06.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I posted a thread on Atrl asking about that Adele pic and apparently its been around since last year, its an outtake from her Vogue shoot.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oc7TIacG0rQ/TzkP8pygHxI/AAAAAAAAXS4/YBsw4Lf7CUs/s1600/Vogue-magazine-outtakes-of-Adele-from-the-March-2012-Issue06.jpg

Ahh good. Leona won't be blocking her then

:cool:
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the videos for Thunder and IA are filmed outside. No more studio videos for a while please. I need Leona to bring cinema.
This discussion has been closed.