Anyone else dissapointed there were no suprises?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
Forum Member
Maybe I just read too many spoilers, but nothing much happened in the live ep that I didn't know about.

Molly confessing to Sally before she died, peter marrying leanne, fizz giving birth, becky stealing from the shop. It had all already been figured out. I wish they'd revealed this suprise fourth death in the live ep, though i'm beginning to think there isn't going to be one at all.

I really felt gripped by the EE live ep, but then perhaps that was because i really loved bradley and stacy. There just wasn't that jaw dropping moment in corrie. I think the bit that was most tense was when john was dragging charlottes body, would of been so much better if becky had seen him. we could then see him try to wriggle out of it and explain and her explain the money.

What do other people think?

Comments

• EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me if someone died tonight who'd not been involved in the explosion and tram crash.
    People drop dead every day, regardless of whether or not their entire street has been demolished in dramatic fashion. Maybe Norris will go home and find that Emily has died in her sleep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During the finial scenes in the last episodes tonight, whilst Sally was playing music and they covered shots of the casts in different situations. I thought that it would end on 'one surprise' death, maybe some unaccounted for in the chaos or someone who had go home and maybe had a heart attack or massive stroke, possible (fingers crossed Gail).

But at the end of the week we still only know of the two confirmed deaths:(
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During the finial scenes in the last episodes tonight, whilst Sally was playing music and they covered shots of the casts in different situations. I thought that it would end on 'one surprise' death, maybe some unaccounted for in the chaos or someone who had go home and maybe had a heart attack or massive stroke, possible (fingers crossed Gail).

But at the end of the week we still only know of the two confirmed deaths:(

Charlotte's life support machine was turned off in the montage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised by Leanne finding out about Carla/Peter, I wasn't expecting that to happen already. I guess it's not something that would be considered a big deal, but it's one of my favourite current storylines so that made the episode for me tonight.

But I'm not much for surprises, I'd rather no surprises than one I didn't like! I'd rather have expected deaths than someone I really loved being given the chop :p For me it wasn't about who died or what was revealed, it was how it was done, and I thought it was fantastic, so I can't say it spoiled it for me knowing what was going to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlotte's life support machine was turned off in the montage

Was it?? Damn I missed that:o

Thanks
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really i missed it as well then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    As posted on other threads, there was another death in the live episode which many seem to have missed. Not sure if it will count as the "fourth" death re "Four Funerals and a Wedding" or if we will ever find out more about the man. At the moment, he looks to be an unlucky passer-by and not a character we know. Transcript plus screen grabs at:

http://ianwylie.posterous.com/coronation-street-live

So we have:

1. Ashley (died at the end of Wednesday's ep)
    2. Molly (died in Thursday's live ep)
    3. "Man trapped in car" (revealed to have died in Thursday's live ep) Does he count as one of the four?
    4. Charlotte (life support switched off at the end of Friday's second ep)
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whitfield wrote: »
    As posted on other threads, there was another death in the live episode which many seem to have missed. Not sure if it will count as the "fourth" death re "Four Funerals and a Wedding" or if we will ever find out more about the man. At the moment, he looks to be an unlucky passer-by and not a character we know. Transcript plus screen grabs at:

http://ianwylie.posterous.com/coronation-street-live

So we have:

1. Ashley (died at the end of Wednesday's ep)
    2. Molly (died in Thursday's live ep)
    3. "Man trapped in car" (revealed to have died in Thursday's live ep) Does he count as one of the four?
    4. Charlotte (life support switched off at the end of Friday's second ep)

I thought the fireman were talking about the pile up on the motorway not anything to do with coronation street.?
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky seeing Stape move the body was a suprise
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    I thought the fireman were talking about the pile up on the motorway not anything to do with coronation street.?

Fireman 1: "Oh, the guy we found trapped in the car..."
    Fireman 2: "After the gas explosion?"
    Fireman 1: "Yeah. He didn't make it."
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This isnt the end of the storyline, there is more. Give it a chance.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    As you suggested, you read too many spoilers. You could have easily gone into the live episode knowing nothing as with the Enders one if you'd avoided them.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whitfield wrote: »
    Fireman 1: "Oh, the guy we found trapped in the car..."
    Fireman 2: "After the gas explosion?"
    Fireman 1: "Yeah. He didn't make it."

Yeh but I thought there was a tanker explosion on the motorway?

At the time of the DISASTER on Coronation Street they did not know what caused the explosion did they? That is to come on Monday or Tuesday I believe......
  • BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a regular Corrie viewer but even I'd heard most of last weeks storylines - and that's not from actively reading spoilers. When headlines are made out of cast members being axed or leaving, you kind of put 2 and 2 together - Ashley and Molly were obvious deaths but I had hoped that they had kept something back.

Spoilers are a shame and whether you like to read them or not, they do take away some enjoyment from any programme. I think that's partly why things get criticised so much - we know the end results. This is where EE did well, they kept the killer reveal secret, so you still were guessing the whole time. That added something to end of their live episode that Corrie lacked (just to add, this isn't corrie bashing, their live episode was a far superior quality to EE and I'm more of an EE fan)

It was billed as 4 funerals - but we are wondering who that 4th is, still looking for the secret twist. I'm not sure it will come now unless that man in the car is someone we know or there's a shock death next week.

Still a very nicely thought out week. I know I'll be tuning back in again next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Becky seeing Stape move the body was a suprise

I didn't think she did. She knew somebody was out there, but I don't think she saw who it is or what he was doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope dies last.
    It's just a saying.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that we didn't know the fate of Rita and Peter all week was a surprise that gripped me all week.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that we didn't know the fate of Rita and Peter all week was a surprise that gripped me all week.

Yep and you know Im glad nobody else dies. It was a cleaver marketing ploy so we assumed Peter was dead.

I for one was totally drained afer watching it so thank goodness nobody else we like will die.