Options

Corrie - Tracy seems to be settling down now

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since she returned from hospital its nice to see her not being so blatent with her nastiness towards everyone in The Street as she was in December. Tracy needs to be more like this if she wants to have longevity in the show and thats what Im hoping for as Kate is just brilliant :)

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A one-episode blip (and she was still lousy)...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A one-episode blip (and she was still lousy)...

She was brilliant especially her scene with Carla :D
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that her character is more realistic now. I much prefer this type of Tracy to the OTT pantomine villain we had last year. Terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that her character is more realistic now. I much prefer this type of Tracy to the OTT pantomine villain we had last year. Terrible.

Yes even though I enjoyed all that it just couldn't last

I hope she gets accepted by the street but carries on being nasty and evil in a more subtle fashion :D
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I think Ken telling her how it is has sunk in...plus the entire pub snubbing her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate is just brilliant :)

In what respect, precisely?
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair it would have been a bit unrealistic if she had have maintained to the same viciousness. I am sure that streak will always be there and resurface later at some stage.
  • Options
    ASHomezASHomez Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad as I like Kate and Tracy a lot. Hope she keeps it up.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's deffo settling in now, I'm starting to like her a bit more now
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still find her awful. And I still can't stand her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    It's the bump on the head that's calmed her down. I wonder if she will die from it due to complications. Do we know how long she is staying for.
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always liked Tracylov. She is a shameless hissable villain. Long may she be vile. The fact that the whole Street is against her has dampened her evil-ity somewhat, but she'll bounce back. Bless 'er
  • Options
    brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The character's a murderer. Viewers saw her bash Charlie Stubbs' head in! I certainly hope she doesn't "get accepted by the street" as I'm not sure what kind of message Corrie would be sending out with this. Are viewers supposed to forget what she did? Once she f**ks off back to prison I might be able to start watching the programme again.

(To clarify: I've nothing against Kate Ford, who I think is a fine actress; I just loathe the character and think there's something morally dubious about the way they've contrived to bring her back on a permanent basis. Yeah, yeah, it's fiction, I know, but I remember when she got sent down for Charlie's murder after the trial saga, William Roache saying something to the effect of this was the only verdict they could have had, Corrie's a very moral show, etc, etc.... It ain't now)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how a convicted murderer who CONFESSED to her lawyer (whether or not the forensics guy was legit or not is irrelevant) would be allowed to swan back into the street and take back custody of her child. Also, it wasn't so long ago Tracy was trying to stitch up Becky and proclaiming it was her who hit her, so shouting the odds about it being Claire is hardly a good move :confused:
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    DID she mean to kill him though? I can't remember
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »

She certainly did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. She planned the entire thing from start to finish but tripped up in the evidence stage as it was proved she'd murdered him and lied about it.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes! She did a "sexy" dance, the bashed him with a statue to the music of Oasis.

It was quite the evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was genius. Back in the day where Tracy was a decent character :mad:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes! She did a "sexy" dance, the bashed him with a statue to the music of Oasis.

It was quite the evening.

the episode was quite disturbing I thought and I also agree with another poster who commented on the fact that it was morally dubious to bring her back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the episode was quite disturbing I thought and I also agree with another poster who commented on the fact that it was morally dubious to bring her back

I found it quite disturbing.

But then again, Warren killed Sean, Louise(?) and the random guy in the fire and he's back , in soapland it doesn't matter what you've done.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    I found it quite disturbing.

But then again, Warren killed Sean, Louise(?) and the random guy in the fire and he's back , in soapland it doesn't matter what you've done.

well the difference is Tracy was convicted of murder- not that it makes what warren did right but he hasnt been banged up and then released on a flimsy excuse
  • Options
    BoldilocksBoldilocks Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I think the only reason she went around like a whirling dervish getting up people's noses at the end of last year was to set up a line of suspects for bashing her head in, and giving Claire a dramatic exit storyline. It was so accelerated I felt like I was watching on fast forward, LOL. Hardly insightful, I know - but it stands to reason that the character would return to semi-(ab)normal now.

I detest the character and while Ford might be a lovely person and great mum, acting isn't really her strong suit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well the difference is Tracy was convicted of murder- not that it makes what warren did right but he hasnt been banged up and then released on a flimsy excuse

True. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Tracy, I like the actress but I just think she's wasted, I think Tracy's golden years have long gone tbh. The excuse to get her out was absolutely pathetic.