The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many European students here it's unreal...every time I meet someone from a new country I have to stop myself singing one of their eurovision songs at them. :o So far I've come across a Czech and a Lithuanian and I wanted to shout at them to put more effort into their entries! I'm dreading meeting a Ukrainian and not being able to get Verka out my head all week.

And on another note, this morning I discovered the joy of the black Guinness poo for the first time! :)
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many European students here it's unreal...every time I meet someone from a new country I have to stop myself singing one of their eurovision songs at them. :o So far I've come across a Czech and a Lithuanian and I wanted to shout at them to put more effort into their entries! I'm dreading meeting a Ukrainian and not being able to get Verka out my head all week.

And on another note, this morning I discovered the joy of the black Guinness poo for the first time! :)

Happens to me every time I take my car for a hand wash :o

Remember how Anne never has any random Eurovision moments?

Well........

Tonight me and hubby went out for a posh chinese meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary (and Little Anzej being away on a school trip ;) ) The plush surroundings were accompanied by a low murmur from the posh inhabitants when...suddenly, and without warning, on volume no. 11...

Da Da Da Da-Da, Da Da Da Da-Da, Da! Boom Boom Boom Boom!!!

And every diner to a tee jerked their respective heads up to see a cute Chinese girl with a cake with sparklers in it heading towards us! Luckily she was headed for the table behind ....

But UK 1968? Doesn't get more random than that :D
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Happens to me every time I take my car for a hand wash :o

Remember how Anne never has any random Eurovision moments?

Well........

Tonight me and hubby went out for a posh chinese meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary (and Little Anzej being away on a school trip ;) ) The plush surroundings were accompanied by a low murmur from the posh inhabitants when...suddenly, and without warning, on volume no. 11...

Da Da Da Da-Da, Da Da Da Da-Da, Da! Boom Boom Boom Boom!!!

And every diner to a tee jerked their respective heads up to see a cute Chinese girl with a cake with sparklers in it heading towards us! Luckily she was headed for the table behind ....

But UK 1968? Doesn't get more random than that :D

I never would have known, Eurovision pre-1990s is totally lost on me! :eek:

At my local Chinese buffet whenever it's a woman's birthday, they turn on a really cheesy pop rendition of 'Happy Birthday' and bring out on a plate two scoops of ice cream, between them is a banana pointing upwards and a lychee is placed on top of a banana.

Yeah, I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. The question is 'WHY?' sure because nothing says happy birthday quite like a banana penis. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never would have known, Eurovision pre-1990s is totally lost on me! :eek:

At my local Chinese buffet whenever it's a woman's birthday, they turn on a really cheesy pop rendition of 'Happy Birthday' and bring out on a plate two scoops of ice cream, between them is a banana pointing upwards and a lychee is placed on top of a banana.

Yeah, I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. The question is 'WHY?' sure because nothing says happy birthday quite like a banana penis. :p

Oh come on Foxy, Cliff Richard?? I know it was totally a non-Eurovision connection for anyone but myself, but I felt like it was all about me anyway ;)

A banana penis?? Makes the sparkling cupcake creation of tonight look decidedly low rent (can't bear those buffet places, this one tonight was eat as much as you like, but you order it off the menu and they cook it for you, classy huh?? I had so many starters, I could barely eat a king prawn :o )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on Foxy, Cliff Richard?? I know it was totally a non-Eurovision connection for anyone but myself, but I felt like it was all about me anyway ;)

A banana penis?? Makes the sparkling cupcake creation of tonight look decidedly low rent (can't bear those buffet places, this one tonight was eat as much as you like, but you order it off the menu and they cook it for you, classy huh?? I had so many starters, I could barely eat a king prawn :o )

Oh I much prefer the places where you simply go up to the buffet and take as much as you like, I for one would feel very embarrassed about ordering 200 grams worth of Lemon Chicken. :o My favourite food in the whole wide world. <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I much prefer the places where you simply go up to the buffet and take as much as you like, I for one would feel very embarrassed about ordering 200 grams worth of Lemon Chicken. :o My favourite food in the whole wide world. <3

I remembered that that was your favourite and that I hadn't had it for a while, so lemon chicken was duly ordered! Couldn't eat it though, was too full from having had 6 starters :o One likes to get one's moneys worth - even if it was the hubsters money!

Oh lord, it is now officially my wedding anniversary - I have been married longer than a lot of you have been alive......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remembered that that was your favourite and that I hadn't had it for a while, so lemon chicken was duly ordered! Couldn't eat it though, was too full from having had 6 starters :o One likes to get one's moneys worth - even if it was the hubsters money!

Oh lord, it is now officially my wedding anniversary - I have been married longer than a lot of you have been alive......

Awww, you chose it specifically because you knew it was my favourite food? That's so cute! Tasty isn't it? :D;)

Oh and many congrats for your anniversary, I was only 1. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think youre having an amazing time ;)
  • pauledin99pauledin99 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banana penis? Two words.....

Julie Goodyear.

*shudders*
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I start uni in 6 days.. judging by the comments I've read on the internet Freshers should be interesting. :)
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone ever buys a breadmaker, make brioche, it is so gorgeous! It's like a loaf sized buttered croissant :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    If anyone ever buys a breadmaker, make brioche, it is so gorgeous! It's like a loaf sized buttered croissant :p

I am addicted to Brioche. It's a bit like a cake rather than bread. :p

Next time you make brioche, put chocolate chips in it. It makes the brioche taste even nicer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    I am addicted to Brioche. It's a bit like a cake rather than bread. :p

Next time you make brioche, put chocolate chips in it. It makes the brioche taste even nicer.

I might well do that, I almost put raisins in but decided to try it without.

i've been having it with raspberry jam :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know who you remind me of! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ummmm, what is that? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ummmm, what is that? :p

The fact that you don't know makes it funnier. :D

It's you!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been so embarrassed in all my life, needed the toilet at a party but it was full so my friend the host said go behind the bin out front, I did and as I did at 4 am some one comes up the path delivering the paper handing it to me :o, who delivers papers that early :confused:
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Never been so embarrassed in all my life, needed the toilet at a party but it was full so my friend the host said go behind the bin out front, I did and as I did at 4 am some one comes up the path delivering the paper handing it to me :o, who delivers papers that early :confused:

Maybe he wasn't delivering papers and was just an opportunist neighbour who had been waiting to pounce :p
    or
    Maybe he thought you were having a number two and didn't have any toilet paper ;)

ooo i'm on fire this morning haha
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I don't like this time of day, rarely see it and its cold, miserable and just ergh. God help me when I get a proper job getting up even earlier :(

Final move to uni today, its a lot more of a burden then exciting for the 4th time :p. Moving into new place too and not really even excited by that, is this what happens when you get old you don't get excited by things and want to just sit, eat, watch tv and drink tea :D. In all truth i'm more excited for the KFC at the service station on the way down.

What are the rest of you nutters up to today? :p
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that sounds healthy :p.... i havent eaten bread in about 3 years or something
    Wow I don't like this time of day, rarely see it and its cold, miserable and just ergh
    it's sunny but sooo cold here.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,490
    Forum Member
    I have no Internet connection aside from my phone, and yesterday evening I slid down my wall singing Euphoria at predrinks. I've arrived.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Maybe he wasn't delivering papers and was just an opportunist neighbour who had been waiting to pounce :p
    or
    Maybe he thought you were having a number two and didn't have any toilet paper ;)

ooo i'm on fire this morning haha

:D

He was a paper man though cos he had a trolley thing pushing it down the street.
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrying on (tenuously) from the magic roundabout discussion in the other thread, I just passed my driving test.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Ulfie! And oh dear tro 21CB and phill....

In other news, Little Anzej has returned from his residential school trip with half his kit missing - of course it's only his expensive clothes that are AWOL, his £2.50 Primark joggers have made it back safe and sound :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In other news, Little Anzej has returned from his residential school trip with half his kit missing - of course it's only his expensive clothes that are AWOL, his £2.50 Primark joggers have made it back safe and sound :rolleyes:

Haha! That made me giggle. :D

Where about did he go may I ask? :)