The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha! That made me giggle. :D

Where about did he go may I ask? :)

He went to Hilltop on the North Norfolk coast

http://www.hilltopoutdoorcentre.co.uk/

I haven't got much out of him about what went on there, but he bottled the abseiling (fair enough!) and cracked the 10m high zip wire

More will probably emerge after a few days, he's proper shattered, and still wearing the same socks as I sent him out in on Monday morning *vomit smiley*
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »

I haven't got much out of him about what went on there, but he bottled the abseiling (fair enough!) and cracked the 10m high zip wire

More will probably emerge after a few days, he's proper shattered, and still wearing the same socks as I sent him out in on Monday morning *vomit smiley*

I could have gone to Hilltop in Year 6 but I previously went to How Hill in Year 4 and missed my Mum so much and I was only gone for the weekend. I didn't want to go to Hilltop because I knew I would miss my Mum again. N'awwww. :(:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could have gone to Hilltop in Year 6 but I previously went to How Hill in Year 4 and missed my Mum so much and I was only gone for the weekend. I didn't want to go to Hilltop because I knew I would miss my Mum again. N'awwww. :(:D

Awwwww.... LA loved How Hill, went there year's 3 & 4, Years 5 & 6 have been Hilltop, quite pleased that that's all over and done with now, it was £175 this year *thud*

He'll be going to a posh high school next year - apparently the last trip was to Japan and was £3,000 .. never gonna happen, sorry son!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Kids get to go on such fun school trips now. When I was at school, we once went on a trip to the local Morrisons. :rolleyes::D
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I went there in middle school! One of my best friends' new boyfriend works as an activity supervisor there too. Small world. ;)
    Forum Member
    He'll be going to a posh high school next year - apparently the last trip was to Japan and was £3,000 .. never gonna happen, sorry son!

I hate it when Schools do ridiculously expensive trips.

Last year at my cousins school, the geography dept. arranged a trip for the Year 9's. The 'official' trip was to Russia but the trip for the ones that couldn't afford it was to Berlin. Basically, all the rich kids went to Russia whilst everyone else had to slum it on the coach to Berlin. :rolleyes:

It's like ethnic cleansing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was high school like for everyone? Miserable for me unfortunately, got bullied left, right and centre for obvious reasons.

Hope I'm not bringing a downer on the thread. :o
    Forum Member
    What was high school like for everyone? Miserable for me unfortunately, got bullied left, right and centre for obvious reasons.

My secondary school was pretty crap as well. I was bullied aswell, but I didn't let it bother me too much even though I used to dread going in everyday.

The main reason why it was awful was because the school is in a really bad part of town so you can just imagine the pond life I had to spend 5 years with. The school also failed an OFSTED inspection, so bad infact, that it got put into 'Special measures' for two years :eek:.

The headteacher was sacked and replaced with a temporary head that goes in to failing schools. Awful teachers, awful facilities, awful building etc.

My sister and I drove past the school last week just for a laugh to see how it is today, and the change is amazing. The entire outside of the building has been completely refurbished, brand new blocks etc. Typical. :p
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My school had more outlandish goings on than Waterloo Road :eek: My experiences were OK, had a little bullying but not much. I was a nerd though and proud of it :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What made things worse for me is that whenever I retaliated to the bullies I would be the one who gets in trouble even though it was them who started it in the first place. Even my art teacher used to make fun of me because of my mannerisms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    Kids get to go on such fun school trips now. When I was at school, we once went on a trip to the local Morrisons. :rolleyes::D

That sounds fun! They could've made you do the weekly shop at the same time :D
    benana93 wrote: »
    I went there in middle school! One of my best friends' new boyfriend works as an activity supervisor there too. Small world. ;)

Very! If he finds a pair of Next camo shorts and the cover to a black sleeping bag, can he return them please?!

I went to a Grammar school which was one of the oldest in the country. Everything was to do with tradition, the teachers wore black capey things and we had to wear straw hats in summer and berets in the winter! We had Latin classes too. I rebelled something terrible, and was known as the class clown - didn't help me one little bit, and I didn't really knuckle down til college (where I met hubster, but that's another story ;) )
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    EuroChris wrote: »

This made me laugh out loud Chris :D Are you sure the teacher just didn't need to go shopping?
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i got teased because i dont have a welsh accent/ am quite tall:rolleyes: but it was fine for the rest, no real bullying (at least the times i was actually there :p).. im not sure what your obvious reasons were but there were none for me so it figures i guess
    What made things worse for me is that whenever I retaliated to the bullies I would be the one who gets in trouble even though it was them who started it in the first place

teachers never ever seem know what is going on. or bullies intimidate them as well.

also i went to a pasta factory about 20 minutes from my school in year 9 :sleep:
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nobody likes Eurovision fans :cry::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was bullied for being too good looking :(
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone was one tied to a tree, and then the tree was set fire to.

They've introduced new school uniforms this year. When I was there, it was shirt, tie, jumper, but now they have blazers with the (very simple) logo emblazoned on it too big, They look ridiculous. Plus, they now have to wear clip-on ties. :p

That school was getting more pathetic throughout my time there, and the tend has since continued.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    Someone was one tied to a tree, and then the tree was set fire to.

They've introduced new school uniforms this year. When I was there, it was shirt, tie, jumper, but now they have blazers with the (very simple) logo emblazoned on it too big, They look ridiculous. Plus, they now have to wear clip-on ties. :p

That school was getting more pathetic throughout my time there, and the tend has since continued.

One of my teachers murdered their mother :eek: chopped her up and tried to dispose her via the dustbin :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my teachers murdered their mother :eek: chopped her up and tried to dispose her via the dustbin :eek:

I assume they didn't teach after this event took place :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bet all the kids were afraid of them afterwards. :D
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I was bullied for being too good looking :(

Hm. We need proof :p
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very! If he finds a pair of Next camo shorts and the cover to a black sleeping bag, can he return them please?!

I'll get onto it as a matter of concern!

My parents are back from their 20th wedding anniversary holiday today so I'm frantically running around the house trying to make sure everything's back in its correct position. In all fairness the house is actually in a good state but I've made some millionaires shortbread just in case things aren't deemed to be up to standard. :D
  • Suzy07Suzy07 Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not at all.

I had good times and bad times in school. Primary school was fine, but I had a horrible class in the first few years of secondary. Luckily I still had my primary school friends outside of them (and we're still friends now). The last two years of secondary were great though cos I had a really nice class. It does totally depend who you get stuck with, and every school will have its nasties.
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Mhm. Not too impressed. I just made icetea. Very yummi

So random :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I assume they didn't teach after this event took place :p

Nope :p but we had to find out via the local rag not the school :eek: