BBC1 and 2 have disappeared from Freeview?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
Freeview box said no signal on 1 or 2 so did a system reset and now they have completed vanished from the list of channels?? HELP!

Comments

• TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "no signal" thing means that the box was not receiving them anymore for some reason.

When you did a "system reset" (with a full scan for channels?) since BBC1/2 were not there to be scanned the Freeview box did not include them in the list of channels found.

So why are they gone? BBC1/2 usually have a very strong signal.

Maybe a bad aerial cable or the aerial on the roof has swung 'round in strong wind. ???
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without knowing your location and TX, how can anyone help?:confused:
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just BBC One and BBC Two? Can you still get BBC Three and BBC Four?

Could just be the weather is affecting the signal, they might show back up later after a rescan.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    More likely it's engineering works at the transmitter. Please reveal your location so one of us could see which transmitters you are likely to be recieving from and check if any of them are undergoing work.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this is the wrong section but have others found the BBC teletext service to be unreliable recently? I am in London and find that it often works slowly and sometimes does not work at all.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong section but have others found the BBC teletext service to be unreliable recently?
    Er, teletext services were switched off finally last year. I presume you mean the Red Button service, I have had no problems from Crystal Palace myself.