Options

Natural World - Raising Sancho REPEATED BBC2 5:05pm Sunday 13th Jan - WATCH IT!

thecreepingmessthecreepingmess Posts: 3,070
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From Radio Times:
Adopting a baby can be a challenging experience, but adopting and bringing up a 20-day-old giant otter orphan is little short of madness. However, when a local fisherman presented Brazilian vet Carolina Vargas with an orphaned otter, she knew she had no choice but to take him on. This delightful film follows Sancho's progress as he becomes an adult and learns how to survive in the wild. It's a fascinating process to watch, especially as Carolina has to spend more and more time in the otters' watery world in order to work out how to train the youngster to fend for himself. But although she knows she has to give him his freedom eventually, it's still a shock to her when he takes off into the Pantanal wetland.

Anyone else watching this?

Breathtaking.

:D:cry:

Comments

• Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this and it was brilliant.

I thought the lady was very brave, swimming with piranhas, caiman and anacondas.
  • Options
    thecreepingmessthecreepingmess Posts: 3,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if she'll ever see Sancho again or even if he's still alive :cry:

I urge people to watch it today! It is a treat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    What a wonderful programme. I watched it last night and thought Carolina Vargas did a wonderful job in reintroducing Sancho to the wild. I did get very upset though when I found out he'd disappeared, so goodness knows how Carolina felt. I hope he is the male otter that has been spotted since the programme.

It really has inspired me to visit this part of the world which I didn't even know existed.