Options

****Above Suspicion (The Red Dahlia) Mon 4th to Wed 6th Jan**** (Merged)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I though the last episode was good, the end with her kissing him was a shock but aprt from that i liked the whole thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I thought it was truly awful and I usually enjoy Lynda la Plante's stuff.
    The girl playing Anna Travis acted in an almost Tourettes type fashion the way she kept blurting out stuff she wasn't meant to. It was cringing, especially the scene where she was banging the coffee machine. I've read some of the books and that's not the way the character is portrayed in any of them.
    I didn't think it could get any worse until I saw dimwit jump ****wit's bones in the final scene. That looked really natural - not.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the suspect disappeared, why didn't the police search the house?, they knew it was full of priest holes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    When the suspect disappeared, why didn't the police search the house?, they knew it was full of priest holes.

Perhaps they were too busy dealing with plot holes. ;)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karen1974 wrote: »
    .. and I like Simon Williams, plays posh bloke in big house. :D

I would keep well away if I was you:eek:
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    I watched all three on ITV Player - the adverts take up less time - total playing time was 46 mins each episode.

My Sky+ box failed to record ep 3 - tried to watch it on the ITV Player but couldn't get the sound level above minimum so I think missed some of the finer points. What exactly was the connection with the murder in 1947 in the US ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    ...cos there wasn't one. Too reliant on the gruesome and the macabre. Take that away and you're left with very little story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    My Sky+ box failed to record ep 3 - tried to watch it on the ITV Player but couldn't get the sound level above minimum so I think missed some of the finer points. What exactly was the connection with the murder in 1947 in the US ?

No connection except that Charles Wickenham was obsessed with it because the murderer was never caught!
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shazzyfizz wrote: »
    No connection except that Charles Wickenham was obsessed with it because the murderer was never caught!

No was explanation was provided about why rather than going to great and horrible lengths to imitate the earlier murders, and writing to the press etc, he did not increase his chances of not getting caught by simply burying the bodies somewhere inside his own grounds.

I am afraid that although I usually like murder dramas, this series is clearly not my cup of tea. Its ratings show that it is liked by a lot of people so it is obviously one of the many programmes such as soaps, reality TV, Footballers Wives etc that are very popular but not really watchable by people like me.