MRI/CT scan results

EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My Mum had both these scans on Tuesday as sadly she found out a lump she had removed was a low grade cancer. She's already been asked in for a meeting tomorrow to discuss the results/her operation and I'm worried because it's only 2 days after she had them which seems extremely quick to me. Does this mean it's more likely to be bad news? :(

Comments

• EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody knows sweetheart.

I know it's awful but all you can do is wait until tomorrow :(
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will keep everything crossed its good news xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks :) hoping it's just because they don't like to keep people waiting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EEfan24 wrote: »
    Thanks :) hoping it's just because they don't like to keep people waiting.

This is what I was told, everything is done quickly at the beginning then there might be a wait of 4 weeks for an operation depending on the grade of cancer.

I have grade 2 which I surmise is classed as low grade meaning it hasn't spread.

So chin up I'm sure the news will be fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its standard procedure in the hospital where I work - they have to keep to certain time limits for appointments etc. Will be thinking of you and your mum and hope it is good news - just in case its not, it is being dealt with quickly - and low grade is better than some diagnoses :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its standard procedure in the hospital where I work - they have to keep to certain time limits for appointments etc. Will be thinking of you and your mum and hope it is good news - just in case its not, it is being dealt with quickly - and low grade is better than some diagnoses :)

Thank you that means a lot :)