Options

CONFIRMED! Christopher topped almost all of the votes every week!

Comments

• Options
    ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like he managed to ride the sympathy and joke act votes, but then when it was the Ella/James bottom two people thought :eek: 'Uh-oh perhaps we better start taking this seriously'.

Exactly, I hope Tulisa doesn't come back but she was absolutely right when she said it was James and Ella's fans fault for not voting - it's clear people thought he was safe so weren't voting and therefore let Maloney top the vote. His core of fans were more committed but James had more fans who voted when it was clear it was important, as well as picking up votes from the likes of Ella and UJ's fans.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would appear Ella was not the publics choice and probably would of left when she did anyway..

Let's not forget too she was Plan A for the producers and judges (who seemingly convinced themselves she would win in a canter) proving they know sweet FA about potential talent.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did he top the votes more times than matt? (including wildcard)

Matt won 9/10

Chris won 8/11 (7/10 real weeks)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Clarat wrote: »
    Exactly, I hope Tulisa doesn't come back but she was absolutely right when she said it was James and Ella's fans fault for not voting - it's clear people thought he was safe so weren't voting and therefore let Maloney top the vote. His core of fans were more committed but James had more fans who voted when it was clear it was important, as well as picking up votes from the likes of Ella and UJ's fans.

How many of James voters were called Simon?
  • Options
    ElementaireElementaire Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Nothing dodgy. People were only voting for chris to pee off the xf or simon cowell. ?
    That's true, my Twitter timeline on Saturday nights was full of people voting for Chris solely because they hate the X-Factor and wanted to show it up for the farce it is. I actually thought that he might win because of it, they succeeded with Rage Against the Machine...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like he managed to ride the sympathy and joke act votes, but then when it was the Ella/James bottom two people thought :eek: 'Uh-oh perhaps we better start taking this seriously'.

Do you actually believe anyone takes Xfactor seriously? The number of record sales will indicate if James was liked (ignoring any charity record which people will buy irrespective of quality).
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    It is also the reason he never won the final 2 weeks.

The reason he didn't is because the joke was over...the public do get it right in the end when it gets serious. More people were paying attention and voting. He never had a chance at winning and it was clear when the Daily Star were leaking the results....that it was Eoghan Quigg all over again.

James started peaking at the exact right time...that's all that's happened.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel very vindicated right now that all the people who said Union J were obviously bottom of the votes in the weeks when they were bottom 2 weren't actually ever bottom (apart from when they were voted off.) :D
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    It wasn't that successful. It took them until 24 hours before the end of the series to actually get rid of him. And if he'd got through Week 8 at the same level as Weeks 1-7 it would have been too late. In fact, I'm almost tempted to say that if we hadn't had the shock bottom two James would never have come close to overtaking him. That was a real blessing in disguise.

That's my take james hitting b2 actual worked in his favor not against him and it rallied his fanbase and if hadn't hit b2 probable would not of won
  • Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Wtf???? The mind boggles!
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing dodgy. People were only voting for chris to pee off the xf or simon cowell. They ignored all his bad points and faults including the fact that he was incredibly dated. They put it down to hate. Today his real colours came out having a hissy fit insulting a fellow contestant calling her a c u nxt tues, which was witnessed and reported by many reporters. People can defend him all they like. He was and is a lowlife with a diva attitude over a very average voice which belongs in working mens clubs,karoke bars and cruise ships and no where else. Btw how do his fans justify his ability to perform without nerves week after week?

I don't think calling Christopher a lowlife is very classy of you as a forum member TBH. Just face facts. He is loved and topping the votes from Week 1 - 7 shows the majority of voters connected with him over the other contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geohawk wrote: »
    How many of James voters were called Simon?

Haha, nice idea but Simon has shown on several previous occasions that he's happy to take a poor winner and then bury them and make more money out of the acts he did want to work with. That's exactly what he would have done this year if Chris's vote had held up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I don't think calling Christopher a lowlife is very classy of you as a forum member TBH. Just face facts. He is loved and topping the votes from Week 1 - 7 shows the majority of voters connected with him over the other contestants.

No they clearly show us he never had anywhere near a majority (in the eviction vote), in fact he had 70-80% of the voters against him most of the time.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    alan_m wrote: »
    Do you actually believe anyone takes Xfactor seriously? The number of record sales will indicate if James was liked (ignoring any charity record which people will buy irrespective of quality).

Probably not that seriously. :D
    But it is their own money they are voting with and wasting money on something is not a joke to most people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I don't follow any of the leaks (generally avoid DS forums during the series!) so these were very surprising to me. I had a feeling Christopher was doing well, but in no way did I think he was topping the vote week after week.

I have to wonder now if he could have won it, had there not been such a huge negative backlash against him. If you throw enough mud, it will stick eventually.

You also have to wonder how, week in, week out, the audience researchers managed to find such a seething mass of Chris resentment, when clearly the public at large did not share that.

Still, I always love seeing the voting percentages. And by the morning someone will have put them into the Wikipedia page, making it far easier to spot the trends. Thank you, mysterious wiki updater, whoever you are!

Here's to next year. Hopefully...
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    It wasn't that successful. It took them until 24 hours before the end of the series to actually get rid of him. And if he'd got through Week 8 at the same level as Weeks 1-7 it would have been too late. In fact, I'm almost tempted to say that if we hadn't had the shock bottom two James would never have come close to overtaking him. That was a real blessing in disguise.

Don't agree when James/Ella hit the bottom they pulled the campaign against Chris up a notch as that Strangle story came out the following w/end plus all the othet sh*t it was just unbelievable what they were obviously doing its quite scary
  • Options
    PlausibleDenialPlausibleDenial Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddieB wrote: »
    I don't follow any of the leaks (generally avoid DS forums during the series!) so these were very surprising to me. I had a feeling Christopher was doing well, but in no way did I think he was topping the vote week after week.

I have to wonder now if he could have won it, had there not been such a huge negative backlash against him. If you throw enough mud, it will stick eventually.

You also have to wonder how, week in, week out, the audience researchers managed to find such a seething mass of Chris resentment, when clearly the public at large did not share that.

Still, I always love seeing the voting percentages. And by the morning someone will have put them into the Wikipedia page, making it far easier to spot the trends. Thank you, mysterious wiki updater, whoever you are!

Here's to next year. Hopefully...

I think the warmup man told the audience to boo chris!
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Rylan was in the top 3 for a number of weeks. Well done you!:)
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. Sometimes it takes a shock B2 or vote off just to make the public think, "Crap, we need to change this". It happens quite a lot. Happened with Daniel in 2008 when he knocked out good singers such as Laura White, happened with Lucie going against Jedward, Olly vs. Jedward, where Olly (like James) just rocketed from that week to the next, happened with Wagner when he knocked good people out, etc...

The shock B2 is the key to get more people voting. If the Ella vs. James B2 never happened, Chris would have won.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarat wrote: »
    No they clearly show us he never had anywhere near a majority (in the eviction vote), in fact he had 70-80% of the voters against him most of the time.

The winner had 90-95% voting against him most of the time.
  • Options
    RockyRoadRockyRoad Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    workhorse wrote: »
    to get that many votes he must have been liked by all age groups.

Or maybe it was because he was voting for himself till he emptied his credit. Or maybe it was MeNan...

Sorry but there's no way he got that many by legitimate means.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RockyRoad wrote: »
    Or maybe it was because he was voting for himself till he emptied his credit. Or maybe it was MeNan...

Sorry but there's no way he got that many by legitimate means.

I think it would have been mainly liverpool that did it. His nan wont have made any difference to be honest.
  • Options
    blisteringblueblisteringblue Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Nothing dodgy in any way. James in the bottom 2 won it for him plain and simple.

We never vote but just had to after that, and each week since. It must have happened all over UK. I think it played right into ITVs hands. Earlier weeks must have been low volumes. I'd love to actually see the numbers rather than %
  • Options
    KizerKizer Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Lewis26 wrote: »
    Something dodgy definitely happened last night!

Not really, the anti-Chris vote rallied as the number of contestants went down.

Source: studied politics and voting systems at A and degree level.
  • Options
    SmoojSmooj Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella leaving was the best thing for James. When the vote was split across multiple acts, Maloney's marauding diallers were clearly doing the biz. As the race narrowed, and folks looked at who was talented and who wasn't, James pulled ahead.

Looks like it was fairly close to Union J getting to the final too.
    That would have been amusing to see the act who topped the votes for several weeks not even get to the final...