People who watch beheadings

Comments

• Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Ive never watched one.
    Why would I watch a murder being carried out for my entertainment.
    A question for the people that do, would you watch a rape? How is this any different?
    People need to have a filter for themselves. Just because it has been posted doesnt mean you have to watch it.
    From Ken Bigley onwards I have thought that the way these murders are carried out takes everything from the victims, including their dinity.
    Nothing I do can help them but by not watching their murders I am in some small way giving them back a bit of their dignity.

Agreed.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never watched one, a few times I might have begun to watch such videos, but after just a few seconds I switch off.

Its almost a physical reaction, NY body simply doesn't want to see this.

I'm the same as this. I just can't bring myself to watch it. The spoken messages from the victims at the Start of these IS videos is enough to make me wretch. I cannot watch a beheading video.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I've seen one before and it's terrible. Something that can never be unseen .

Why did I watch it? I can't say, but Il never watch one again

I quite agree ................I would never want to watch one - I don't even have morbid/idle curiosity TBH.

When this sort of things happen I am curious to read about it as I kind of 'need' to know or try to understand what's going on but I'm terrified of accidentally clicking on a link of the murder.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Bloodthirsty, curious I haven't a clue but I don't watch them that's for sure.
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Years ago I saw one by accident when I clicked on a link sent in an e-mail.

Once was enough.

Same here, it was a Mexican beheading his wife. So horrific, but I couldn't stop myself from starting to watch it. Swiched it off as soon as I realised it was for real :(
    Would never intentionally seek one out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Rotten.com, anyone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even watch scenes in movies when it involves violence so I don't think I'd be able to watch a beheading.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the Ken Bigley one years ago, no interest in seeing another one.

Can't really say why I watched it. I knew it existed for a while, and had thought about taking a look more than once before I actually did.

When I saw it I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I wouldn't say I felt sick as such as I didn't want to throw up, but there was a queasy uncomfortable feeling there like the very first signs that you've got a stomach bug or that you're going to throw up later but not just yet. That's what I remember most, I don't recall thinking much about the people doing it or even that much for the victim as bad as that sounds.

For the next few weeks and months I thought about it a few times and would get that same feeling in my stomach. I had no nightmares or anything like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few committed by drugs gang members in South America on other gang members, the people were as bad as each other so it wasn't the same as an innocent person being beheaded. One of them used a chainsaw which was actually quicker than using a knife.

I couldn't watch the recent beheadings.

It's beyond belief how they can do this to aid workers in their country who were only there to help those that were in desperate need, absolutely despicable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    It's beyond belief how they can do this to aid workers in their country who were only there to help those that were in desperate need, absolutely despicable.

No words really seem adequate. These are good people who have given up a comfortable life and endured danger and hardship to help strangers. It reminds me of the holocaust story of people being forced to watch a child being hanged, and one of them asking, "where is God now?" , and another one pointing at the child.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Maybe it's really only the more callous types who are able to watch them without being adversely affected.

I wouldn't know i suppose, but I do personally think that if you can watch a video of someone having their head removed with a small knife and not feel a thing then it surely must point to having some kind of deviant tendencies in your personality.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    The worst thing I've seen online was that politician in America who shot himself at a press conference, Budd someone. I was with a friend who told me "oh you have to see this" and I watched it - I had no idea it was a suicide video. It made me feel terrible, sad for him, sorry for his family, angry at him doing it in such a public place, even more angry at the footage being available for anyone to see. It still makes me feel angry and upset, even now, and it was years ago.

That would be Budd Dwyer, who blew his brains out during a press conference. Very gruesome indeed.

I saw that video without realising exactly what was about to happen until it was too late.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Rotten.com, anyone?

Rotten.com is for wimps.

Liveleak and Ogrish are where the really nasty stuff can be found these days. I think there's another one called documenting reality or something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Rotten.com, anyone?

I don't mind the pictures, very little shocks me BUT I just couldn't watch someone be killed. I have morbidly searched for post beheading pictures but I can't bring myself to watch a video. It's the fact I can't unsee it if it distresses me.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've watched beheadings but the hammer one is much much worse. that video should be taken down. not only is it so easy to find, but loads of people on youtube have reaction videos to it.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    i've watched beheadings but the hammer one is much much worse. that video should be taken down. not only is it so easy to find, but loads of people on youtube have reaction videos to it.

So more than one beheading. Why?
    I don't buy all that 'it helps me understand the grim reality of war' tosh, but let's say that was the reason, did the first one not do it for you? :confused:
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't know i suppose, but I do personally think that if you can watch a video of someone having their head removed with a small knife and not feel a thing then it surely must point to having some kind of deviant tendencies in your personality.

I agree.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why people watch X-Factor and Strictly Come Dancing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So more than one beheading. Why?
    I don't buy all that 'it helps me understand the grim reality of war' tosh, but let's say that was the reason, did the first one not do it for you? :confused:

I don't really know what made me watch them. I haven't seen one for a long time now. The hammer one I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it actually was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    Maybe it's really only the more callous types who are able to watch them without being adversely affected.

As long as we all agree that watching the death of ANYONE online is wrong.

I can remember feeling horrified that people glorified in witnessing the death of Saddam Hussein being hung.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't watch them. I haven't even watched the sanitised versions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I watch it out of curiosity. It doesn't give me any nightmares though.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hogface wrote: »

I can remember feeling horrified that people glorified in witnessing the death of Saddam Hussein being hung.

How is it wrong?

As long as it isn't done for entertainment, then surely everyone should see what real death is like?

Also if people did see what ISIS get up to, they might be a lot less apathetic than they are now about fighting ISIS.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    How is it wrong?

As long as it isn't done for entertainment, then surely everyone should see what real death is like?

Also if people did see what ISIS get up to, they might be a lot less apathetic than they are now about fighting ISIS.

:o...:o...:o

Perhaps some supermarket might take up the idea for a Christmas ad :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogface wrote: »

Pretty sure youtube have the death of that guy on the motorbike. I think his mum was the one who wanted it released to warn other people.