Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the cinema, Night at the Museum 3. Like most sequels it isn't as good as the first film, but still very funny in parts. Also its so sad to realise it was Robin Williams last visual film role. 7/10

Recorded "The Holiday" and watched it earlier. Love this film, its corny as hell but definitely has the right feel good factor for this time of year. 9/10 (laugh if you want too:D)
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Majeure (2014) 8.5/10
    Foxcatcher (2014) 8/10
    The Interview (2014) 4/10
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    The Guest (2014) 8/10
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HEAVENLY SWORD - 7/10
    get past the PS3 cgi and there's a decent story to get through, nice fight sequences though ..... and from the sublime .....

BAYONETTA BLOODY FATE - 6half/10
    to the ridiculous :D
    this time it's traditional anime fair, with the heroine outdoing lara croft, in MANY ways ^_^
    also MASSIVE monsters to fight

MADAGASCAR 3 - 9/10
    hyper threequel that's fun and exciting

THE LOOK OF LOVE - 7half/10
    soft core movie biopic of smut peddler paul raymond, pretty interesting and perfectly fits the time

EVENGELION 1.11 YOU ARE NOT ALONE - 8/10
    not your average giant robots versus GIANT monsters fare, with great animation ..... first part of the REBUILD series

also i watched

WANDERLUST - 8/10
    daffy duck :D
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    La Reine Margot (1994) 8/10

Period drama about the religous war between Catholics and Protestants in sixteenth century France. With Isabelle Adjani playing and looking like a twenty year-old, despite being nearly forty at the time.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Megamind - 7/10

I like the concept and the twist towards the end genuinely surprised me.

If... (1968) - 6/10

Entertaining enough. Your typical public/private school kids rebel story, although considering the film's age, it might have been the first of those.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marvellous 8/10

Wonderful, would recommend it to anybody. This chronology is slightly off and unclear, starts a little slowly but otherwise an outstanding film taking you through every emotion. I couldn't imagine it not being enjoyed by anybody.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Am Ali - Brilliant.

The best docufilm I've seen about Ali, ironically because it foused less on his boxing career & more on the man himself & his family life.
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please Sir 1971 9/10 IMO perhaps one of the best sit coms adapted to the big screen !

The Dark is Rising 8/10 .despite its poor film reviews I think this was excellent adaption from the book !
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    At the cinema, Night at the Museum 3. Like most sequels it isn't as good as the first film, but still very funny in parts. Also its so sad to realise it was Robin Williams last visual film role. 7/10

Recorded "The Holiday" and watched it earlier. Love this film, its corny as hell but definitely has the right feel good factor for this time of year. 9/10 (laugh if you want too:D)

LOVE the cottage in " The Holiday " film ! ..want to live there !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic Mr Fox - 2/10 (and that's a generous score based purely on the animation)

Such a boring film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Horns - 3/10. Hard to say much about this, was a disappointment. Daniel Radcliffe's thriller / horror combo was a bit all over the place.

Snowpiercer - 6/10. Slightly bleak view of a possible future where we have caused another ice age and the last of humanity are travelling around the planet on a train, with a separation between the privileged and the not-so.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

If... (1968) - 6/10

Entertaining enough. Your typical public/private school kids rebel story, although considering the film's age, it might have been the first of those.

It so isn't! It's about the nature of our whole society!
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Country Girl [1954]. Director: George Seaton

7/10

Grace Kelly puts on a pair of glasses and some severe make-up and acts miserable. Viola, an Oscar win. Bing Crosby only got a nomination as an alcoholic singer (a part that needed little research).
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    22 JUMP STREET - 8half/10
    meta bonkers, hugely enjoyable and scattershot

LUCY - 8half/10
    unusual semi actioner that has the promise of expansion
  • Options
    ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exodus: Gods And Kings. Epic!!!
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pearl Harbour...Really enjoyed it. 8/10
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Misery (1990) - 7.5/10
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

It's shit, but not that shit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    In Fear--physiological horror
    .this couple get lost in rural woods, driving round , like its a maze..round in circles..Mad psycho lad appears playing games and taunting them ..In the end mad lad kills the guy in the boot of the car with a pipe leading to the exhaust..Girlfriend opens the boot, sees him and she screams etc..Then in end the girl driving runs and kills mad lad. well he was standing in the way and he beckoned her to drive and killed him, it ended quickly so you think he dead lo
    l--was on film 4 so will blank out in case one taped it ..i thought it was atmospherically scary :D
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Locke - 2/10

I did enjoy the twist at the end though. The twist being the realisation that absolutely **** all had happened for the previous 80 minutes or was going to happen.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Vow - 6/10

Good acting (Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum starred) and likeable characters but I felt that there wasn't any plot development and the ending wasn't very satisfying.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreamHouse! 9/10 👏 (Absolutely Fantastic!) 😊
    MysteryRoad! 5/10 👎 (Boring! / Bland!) ⌛️

Both via Netflix! 😉
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It so isn't! It's about the nature of our whole society!

The TV guide did indicate it was a satire but I didn't take any grand message from watching it. It just seemed to me like an older version of Dead Poets Society.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Indiana Jones and the temple of doom...I taped it last week so watched it whilst cooking and eating my dinner today Lol
This discussion has been closed.