Paranormal Sceptics....explain EVP's

13»

Comments

• Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Mojorisin' wrote: »
    I am not sure how you can prove everyone who has a so-called EVP played around with the recording...

To clarify, I meant that people will tinker with recording equipment by increasing the sensitivity and gain for the deliberate purpose of recording EVPs and they WILL record some genuinely odd things. Odd but not conclusive.

Once that happens, other people decide to fake more "amazing" recordings either in a bid to prove the phenomena or out of mischief.
  • NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    philkent wrote: »
    I've got to say - as someone who'se quite open to the possibility of paranormal phenomena existing - EVP's seem to be far too grey and subjective an area to be any use in furthering the debate.

What in your 'you just have to have faith' gives this a chance in your thought process.

From my perspective, it is dangerous barking mad mumbo -jumbo. Medieval superstition at best, because they were ignorant.

As a literate, and guessing educated person, what are you basing this belief on. Certainly not any form of credible and peer reviewable science.