Options

"Live security platinum" virus

This virus seems to have totally ruined my laptop. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of it please?

Comments

• Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Have a good read through THIS removal guide and do everything it says.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that:)
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    And be more careful in the future
  • Options
    Dave5158Dave5158 Posts: 952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This virus has affected my main computer. When trying to follow instructions, to remove it, I have been unable to follow the instructions because I can not get my computer to start in safe mode.

I can get to the option to try to but once selected my computer appears to be trying but eventually resets itself and boots up as if I had selected a normal start up.

My main computer does not have a floppy drive so I might have to find a way to use my external hard drive.

At the moment my laptop is my only access to the internet.
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Click Start, Run and type msconfig into the box and click ok. Click the BOOT.INI tab and click SAFEBOOT and NETWORK ...... restart the computer and click ok to the warning box.
    You will have to go back into msconfig when you are finished and untick those boxes to get it to boot normally.
  • Options
    max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    Duplicated Post.
  • Options
    max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    Dave5158 wrote: »
    This virus has affected my main computer. When trying to follow instructions, to remove it, I have been unable to follow the instructions because I can not get my computer to start in safe mode.

I can get to the option to try to but once selected my computer appears to be trying but eventually resets itself and boots up as if I had selected a normal start up.

My main computer does not have a floppy drive so I might have to find a way to use my external hard drive.

At the moment my laptop is my only access to the internet.

If you can't boot into Safe Mode, you'll need to load Windows as normal and try running the FixExec file and following the rest of the instructions. If your external hard drive contains all your backups or anything important, don't use it for copying FixExec and Malwarebytes from your laptop to the infected computer. You can buy a USB stick for a few quid and use that instead.
  • Options
    moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I've had this same virus, it came in on late night on 3 Aug & I was browsing on here & was worried it came via this site.
    My Avast was flashing up warnings but it still let the virus in, I followed removal instructions on the web (couldn't start my Dell laptop in safe mode either) & the recommended programmes supposedly deleted it.
    I got Kaspersky free today through banking with Barclays, ran that & they were still there!! I'm still not confident it's gone but Kaspersky is telling me it's fine :confused: