Lady Gaga to fill in for Dannii

mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
Forum Member
✭✭
I didn't see this posted here yet.
Outrageous pop queen LADY GAGA is to make a sensational return to The X Factor as a guest replacement for mumto-be judge DANNII MINOGUE.

She has agreed to adjudicate at the live auditions stage - making them even more ga ga.

The Poker Face singer - real name STEFANI GERMANOTTA, 24 - will be paid around £110,000 and a source confirmed: "It's now a case of dotting the Is and crossing the Ts.
"Simon Cowell and everyone involved knows just how much of a ratings draw Lady GaGa will be."

Source

Comments

• spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess that explains why Dannii is getting such a pay cut
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I love her as a performer let's hope she come across a bit better on a panel than I've seen her on chat shows.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Guess that explains why Dannii is getting such a pay cut

The payment story wasn't true and if they will pay her less then it's becasue she won't be in the show until later on.

Dannii is getting her own TV show 'Style Queen' on ITV2 though in August also :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? Wow :D

Gaga!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this definitely true?! i so hope it is:D
  • thinkfunthinkfun Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow i wonder who else theyll get i presume if this is true that gaga wont be filling in for all the auditions and will just do maybe 1 city.....
    good news for cheryl is that she can wear whatever she wants and not be called weird...ill miss dannii though....though shell be back for live shows.....
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Gaga?! I didnt even know what her real name was ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG!!! I hope this is true, Hope she does the Birmingham Auditions. This series is gonna be the best
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    I hope this is NOT true
    Have u ever seen her on interviews|??? she comes across all weird and nervous
    excellent singer and performer but cant see her being able to handle the judging panel, could be wrong tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    For real? Damn, this is gonna be amazing! I wasn't going to watch the next series, but I guess I'll be riding the rollercoaster all over again. :D
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely a ratings draw, but it could go either way in terms of whether she adds anything to the panel, as she just seems odd and off on a tangent most of the time in interviews.

However, she should hopefully be able to comment on aspects such as pitch, and actual singing (given her training), which, quite clearly, none of the rest really can!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely adore GaGa an so want to be in the audience with her an cheryl in the same room but will this work? I haven't seen GaGa answer a question in an interview yet, its always "I do it for my fans" or when an interviewer asks an interesting question its "It's private".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    I hope this is NOT true
    Have u ever seen her on interviews|??? she comes across all weird and nervous
    excellent singer and performer but cant see her being able to handle the judging panel, could be wrong tho

I agree with this.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I LOVE Lady GaGa! :D Man, I hope this is true.

And I also hope she is more...herself on the panel. She has never let the 'Lady GaGa' personality go since she became a hit, and ever since then she's always been...weird. I just hope she acts like she did in the interviews from before the craziness set in.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Not sure if I believe this- surely it would have been bigger news if it was true? I know it's only a guest spot, but one of the big, international superstars of the moment judging on X Factor? I would have thought a much bigger deal would be made of news like this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Not sure if I believe this- surely it would have been bigger news if it was true? I know it's only a guest spot, but one of the big, international superstars of the moment judging on X Factor? I would have thought a much bigger deal would be made of news like this.

The News will be big when the Official Series Launches. Not before. They will only say they have Lady GaGa at the Series Launch so the press with be talking bout it the people will be sooo excited to see her judge and so on...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    jonothan b wrote: »
    I absolutely adore GaGa an so want to be in the audience with her an cheryl in the same room but will this work? I haven't seen GaGa answer a question in an interview yet, its always "I do it for my fans" or when an interviewer asks an interesting question its "It's private".

I think she comes across well in certain interviews. To be fair, most interviewers only comment on her outfits and fashion and from what I see, she seems to dislike that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n2Usy_YT70

Watch all of the parts; the interviewer asks some good questions and she answers them very well. The interviewer does ask her some very meaningful questions though rather than being shallow like a lot of others.

It would be great if she were to make an appearance on X Factor, Would be intresting. :)
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLuna3 wrote: »
    I think she comes across well in certain interviews. To be fair, most interviewers only comment on her outfits and fashion and from what I see, she seems to dislike that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n2Usy_YT70

Watch all of the parts; the interviewer asks some good questions and she answers them very well. The interviewer does ask her some very meaningful questions though rather than being shallow like a lot of others.

It would be great if she were to make an appearance on X Factor, Would be intresting. :)

If she doesn't like it she shouldn't wear such ridiculous outfits:confused:
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiidey wrote: »
    Definitely a ratings draw, but it could go either way in terms of whether she adds anything to the panel, as she just seems odd and off on a tangent most of the time in interviews.

However, she should hopefully be able to comment on aspects such as pitch, and actual singing (given her training), which, quite clearly, none of the rest really can!

She'll be hired to be crazy, especially at the auditions where it's usually just a case of "yes/no" rather than giving advice. If she shows up in a crazy outfit she'll generate loads of press. I doubt they'll ever hire someone to comment too much on technical aspects. Cowell commented in January:
    We could hire four incredible vocal coaches tomorrow who know more about music than I’ll ever know in a lifetime, and it will be the most boring show in the world. It’s more than a scientific ability; it is your star power that is vital.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posting to make my earlier post show up.
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she doesn't like it she shouldn't wear such ridiculous outfits:confused:

I agree. She needs to address that.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One in interview in Norway was hilarious. The interviewer was trying to be rude about her appearance and kept asking the same questions but re-phrasing them and she was like '' No, i'm not going to repeat that, because i just told you''. It was so funny.

I think she comes across well in interviews and tbh they always ask the same bloody questions all the time.

I really hope she doesnt do a Britney and crack up though.