Options

A tribute to Flick Colby

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think the BBC should have a special tribute to the dancer and choreographer who created Pans People and Legs and Co and probably made TOTP such a huge attraction in the seventies. In the history of BBC entertainment this woman is an important figure and her dancers were icons to many viewers at the time.

Comments

• Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there would be, at least, something come up on screen at the end of
    TOTP's if not something said. Surprised there was nothing.
  • Options
    JB1601JB1601 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Her death was mentioned in the continuity announcement prior to the unedited TOTP repeat on Thursday night. Not sure about the 1930 edition but you'd hope so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First I have heard. How sad.
    Flick Colby was the dancer in Pan's People who had the tongue in cheek expression in her face as they did their cheesy slightly raunchy routines.
    I particulalry liked her for that. There should definately be some TV tribute to her.
    Many condolences to Flick's family. :(
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't often run tributes immediately after a death, except perhaps major personalities where they will have one prepared in advance. They have at least one programme about Pan's People that has been shown several times, I would not be surprised if they show something like that perhaps with some interviews added.

I wonder if they prefer to wait until after the funeral?

To be cynical, they can be quite cheap programmes to produce because many people will want to give an interview about the person who has died.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    They don't often run tributes immediately after a death, except perhaps major personalities where they will have one prepared in advance. They have at least one programme about Pan's People that has been shown several times, I would not be surprised if they show something like that perhaps with some interviews added.

I wonder if they prefer to wait until after the funeral?

To be cynical, they can be quite cheap programmes to produce because many people will want to give an interview about the person who has died.

Yes it would be an idea to let the mourning pass and then do a tribute to her. Some people might say she isn't as important a figure in LE as Bill Cotton, but you could certainly credit FC with making TOTP such a huge ratings attraction in the seventies and Pans People were often seen in other popular shows like The Two Ronnies.