Options

Jesus Believers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is this the true face of Jesus?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/holy-relic-that-shows-true-face-of-jesus-christ-hidden-in-tennessee-motor-home/

I won't bother asking non-believers...because they will say no...he never existed...

I believe Jesus did walk the earth but I am not sure who he was really....

Comments

• Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well of course Jesus walked the earth just not on water! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    El Guapo wrote: »

Good one...
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    El Guapo wrote: »

Well quite. Even athiests acknowledge Jesus was an actual person, just not of an immaculate conception, nor the son of God. Who if he existed, would surely have told his son that "no, Jesus, the earth is not flat."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well quite. Even athiests acknowledge Jesus was an actual person, just not of an immaculate conception, nor the son of God. Who if he existed, would surely have told his son that "no, Jesus, the earth is not flat."

Upon reading the DS threads...there are quite a few atheists on here claiming he never existed..even as a person so I would like to work past that on this thread...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mojorisin' wrote: »
    Upon reading the DS threads...there are quite a few atheists on here claiming he never existed..even as a person so I would like to work past that on this thread...

Quite a few is still only a few and they don't speak for all athiests.

If you want to exclude a group of people, who are the majority in the UK where these forums are based, then I suggest you have this thread closed and go have your discussion on a Christian only forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not only for Christians...it's for people who believe Jesus existed....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not only for Christians...it's for people who believe Jesus existed....

Ergo Christians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gnostics believe in him...the Jewish faith believes he was a teacher...some faiths view him as a prophet and that includes Islam...Buddhists believed Jesus lived and in fact in India...Spiritualists view him as an Ascended Master....so you seem to be wanting to exclude millions who are not Christians who also believed at the very least...Jesus lived as a prophet...teacher or alchemist...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it help forum relations if the thread title was (off the top of my head) "The Jesus Appreciation Thread"?

Just asking. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bomb #21 wrote: »
    Would it help forum relations if the thread title was (off the top of my head) "The Jesus Appreciation Thread"?

I thought about that but I am not trying to get praise for Jesus, just ask those who believe he existed about this relic recently discovered...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought about that but I am not trying to get praise for Jesus, just ask those who believe he existed about this relic recently discovered...

Fair enough. I'm out. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Making it relevant to the discussion Mojo proposed to want would have been a start. But no, let's use a controversial off-topic thread title so there is no danger that the actual topic is ever debated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making it relevant to the discussion Mojo proposed to want would have been a start. But no, let's use a controversial off-topic thread title so there is no danger that the actual topic is ever debated.

You really don't think anyone would debate this relic?...it's authenticity or image?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I said I was out, OK? :D

I'm not familiar with the OP so I'm not in a position to judge w/r/t "motive" or otherwise.

And out again. :)
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is impossible to say. However I will see Jesus in person so I am not too bothered about what he looked like on earth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really don't think anyone would debate this relic?...it's authenticity or image?

They might if the thread title gave them a clue to what the thread was about.

I said I was out, OK? :D

I'm not familiar with the OP so I'm not in a position to judge w/r/t "motive" or otherwise.

And out again. :)

Me neither, but I'm familiar with the use of an 'Irrelevant but controversial' thread title, not to mention the use of baiting in an opening post. Someone may want to discuss the relic, but I don't think Mojo is particularly interested in that line of topic :p
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is impossible to say. However I will see Jesus in person so I am not too bothered about what he looked like on earth.

You post that as if you know it for a fact.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "...hidden for nearly 20 years in a motor home near Knoxville, Tenn."

Doesn't sound very likely.
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    You post that as if you know it for a fact.

I know it is a fact, shame you do not and have rejected Christs message of salvation.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it is a fact, shame you do not and have rejected Christs message of salvation.
    Based on?
  • Options
    rivetheadrivethead Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh look, another Christian making stuff up. Now it's "fact"!
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, this is the true face of Jesus.
  • Options
    morbidangel101morbidangel101 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    You've been gone for what, a year? And you still haven't fixed the comma key on your keyboard. If I were you I'd get a new one.

And talentedmonkey, as arrogant and condescending as usual I see.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    On the basis that "The True Face Of Jesus Christ" is the name of a painting, yes. That could be it.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Is this the true face of Jesus?

No. No it's not.