It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Oathy has asked me to pass on a message;

would you please post comments about how you feel about live feed/the importance of having live feed is to a show like Big Brother

He will be passing all comments on to Mr Frow in a folder
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a short one from me. But we need live feed to get to know the housemates better also live feed is a very important feature for hardcore bb fans also remember that saying bb is always watching :)
  • godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    i don't see no reason why they cant have online 24/7 live-feed they have already been broadcasting it on their site between 7-9 pm slot they had, as for the cost issue that someone mentioned when ch4 did it online there was product placement restrictions then now they are more relaxed so it could be funded through that and sponsorship aswell. the 7-9pm spot was never going to work it was up against the soaps on a channel noone watches or can find on the epg!

Also i sound like a broken record but still folk don't get it livefeed was always about the choice to watch when you decided to not about what time it was on!

if they had more online feed it would drum up interest for the highlight show effectively helping it get better ratings which is the ratings they are concerned about surely that is of course if ch5 want to keep the show!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only way live feed will work is 24 hour internet based live feed again.Cheap to run and big return in money.And answers all airtime issues etc.And can be actioned this series if they stop messing around.

Also when big brother was launched orignally with live feed one of intresting aspects of big brother was watching the house mates develop all the time.

And we had a chance of seeing the house when we wanted to.

If you get rid of the live feed completely again it then becomes a edited show not a reality show.We may as well watch the likes of towie.

Just seems like such a big waste of unshown footage of a house of people who are giving up 2 months of theirs live`s for a few hours showing in the evening.
  • godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    The only way live feed will work is 24 hour internet based live feed again.Cheap to run and big return in money.And answers all airtime issues etc.And can be actioned this series if they stop messing around.

Also when big brother was launched orignally with live feed one of intresting aspects of big brother was watching the house mates develop all the time.

If you get rid of the live feed completely again it then becomes a edited show not a reality show.We may as well watch the likes of towie.

Just seems like such a big waste of unshown footage of a house of people who are giving up 2 months of theirs live`s for a few hours showing in the evening.

totally agree
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again the UK television channels tempt and taunt us with live feed. When they stop showing the 7-9 feed, I will stop watching the whole show.

I only watch the HL to gain some insight as to what happened throughout the daytime anyway.

I would happily pay for streaming online.

If C5 cannot be bothered with this show, why should I be bothered to watch.

Again, once the streaming stops, I quit watching BB.

I might even look into watching the US version this year as I can watch it online (paid subscription) .... I have missed watching UK BB for a few years because I will not just watch the "highlight" show

Why do C5 even bother with BB ...

I will not and do not watch the likes of towie type shows - that is what they are, highly edited shows for those who have the attention span of a peanut. C5's target audience?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the feeds been brilliant seeing sides of these housemates you don't see in the evening.
    Don't think I can stand just looking at the highlight show okay two hours wasn't long but enough to see stuff in all these housemates you don't pickup in the evening show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I never did get the 7-9pm time slot, i work and have a family meal between 7-8pm, and then do other things. Some people watch the soaps at those times, so also no point in switching over for snippets.

Online access would be better, regular time slots that people would be more open to, but it takes time to build up viewers, and channel 5 seem to want instant results. They listen to a certain extent, but they aren't truly listening to viewers needs.
  • piparrotpiparrot Posts: 14,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd quite happily pay for an online feed, even this far into the series... It's just not Big Brother without it...
    Forum Member
    Having watched BB since it started,i was drawn to the live feed because i found it addictive to watch people interacting,doing tasks etc.
    BB should be about what IS going on the house and NOT what has gone on in the house.

The highlights shows should contain enough content to give viewers an insight into what has gone on in the past 24 hours and footage that cannot be shown on live feed [diary room]etc.

when BB had 24/7 livefeed i would watch a lot of hours every day and tune into the highlights to see the' extra footage'.While the show remains a highlights only show i no longer feel a part of BB and because so little is shown of the housemates i feel i cannot make my own mind up enough about them in order to vote for any of them,which further removes me from the show i love.

Having a great looking house and some interesting housemates to watch with only a highlights show seems to me to be a waste when they are being filmed 24/7.

When i heard that live feed would return even if limited this year i was immediately drawn back to the show after not watching since it moved to channel 5.

Without a decent amount of livefeed i will not watch

The show is called Big Brother and for the past couple of years it has felt more like Little Brother to me and many of us
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very few people watch Big Brother, and even fewer people watch Live Feed. It was never going to work.
  • cjandrewscjandrews Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    The Live Feed axe has ruined BB14 for me.

If Channel 5 don't give the viewers what they want soon, BB's going to continue to go downhill.
  • Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    For me, a live feed makes me feel a part of the show.
    It's very difficult to make a primetime, 2 hour, version of live feed because unlike many other shows the live feed does not have a beginning, a middle or an end, and any storylines which may or may not transpire.
    I will still watch Big Brother, but only fleetingly, not "must see" as before, because I really feel I cannot get to know the housemates as before.
    Also there seems to have been a backwards step as in terms of technology with the show, where as before we had a choice of 4 different feeds, going from room to room or catching up on the days feed highlights, now we are being drip fed different scraps at a time and duration decided by others, It's like going from using a powerful super computer to using an old BBC micro.
    So it seems Endemol/Channel 5 have decided to use the Twitter/Facebook generation as their new breed of viewer, maybe they don't want the "older" viewer anymore, and that would be a shame as Big Brother used to be an inclusive show, it drew you in, now, I just don't feel the same draw with only a highlights show(and don't even mention bit on the side, it is just embarrassing!)
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C5 really need to give Live Feed a chance.

But I think the problem is that C5 doesn't have a high enough profile and is too small a vehicle for something like Big Brother and features such as Live Feed to work on it's network. More fundamentally, the Big Brother concept is becoming rather tired and 'old hat'.

Perhaps if they moved the concept into a real house (rather than a television studio) with multi-cameras and introduced full social media integration it might reinvigorate the brand.
  • Laters BabyLaters Baby Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    happybbfan wrote: »
    Oathy has asked me to pass on a message;

would you please post comments about how you feel about live feed/the importance of having live feed is to a show like Big Brother

He will be passing all comments on to Mr Frow in a folder

ok. :)

Come on ben give the people some extra live feed online. ok you make big brother and we watch it. we spend our money voting out our least favorites and we do it because we are fans of this amazing show. in reality can big brother survive without live feed..... probably yes. but why should it have to! big brother is about watching what these people are upto when we want to. it is impossible to get the full picture from an hour show a day out of 24 hours. surely big brother is about evolving a show and to take away all live feed except a 30 minutes on a friday is not evolving. you should be adding to this show not taking something away that as always been a huge part of big brother for a lot of people. it's not even like people are demanding it for free. people are willing to pay to watch this. some people will watch it lots while as others get to choose when to dip in and out of it throughout (sp) :o the day when they have time to do so. all people are asking is that we have the chance to watch the big brother we know and love with some live feed. jeez i was even over the moon with that extra 2 hours live feed because at least we got the chance to watch them interacting with each other and to see a different side to them than on the highlights. now i'm not a huge live feed campaigner and have never posted in this thread before and in all honesty i will still watch big brother without it because i love this show but that does not mean i don't want live feed back. i would be willing to pay, like a lot of people would and to the people that don't chose to watch it, fine. you get to enjoy bb your way with the highlights and it's no skin of your nose if it is brought back for the people that do. do i think you will bring it back.... in all honesty no because i don't think the big brother people care about what the viewers want but i would love to be proved wrong and for us lot to have our show back to how it was. :)

and while i'm on it. i don't trust this barbra box thingie! what if my person who represents me is watching bill oddie birds or something boring! :eek: :p
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    C5 really need to give Live Feed a chance.

But I think the problem is that C5 doesn't have a high enough profile and is too small a vehicle for something like Big Brother and features such as Live Feed to work on it's network. More fundamentally, the Big Brother concept is becoming rather tired and 'old hat'.

Perhaps if they moved the concept into a real house (rather than a television studio) with multi-cameras and introduced full social media integration it might reinvigorate the brand.

i agree with everything you say

tired and 'old hat'. -that's down to the 'endemol think tank' to keep big brother fresh
    but they seem happy to churn out a stale show.

easier said than done but it needs something to hook viewers back into the show [not just 24/7 streaming]
    obviously that's not going to happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piparrot wrote: »
    I'd quite happily pay for an online feed, even this far into the series... It's just not Big Brother without it...
    Maybe that's why they cancelled it so people will watch it online and pay money, maybe not enough money is coming in from the evictions as nobody is watching anymore!
    either way the show should have never move to Ch5 I miss Davina and BB when it was just full of normal people and not fake twits like Gina.
    Forum Member
    Facebook,Twitter and You Tube are all well and good as a catch up service for when you are unable to get to the online feed,but as a means to watching a show like Big Brother they simply dont work on their own

140 character of someone else's opinion of what is going on in the house doesnt make me want to watch it.There will be many other things going on that are not tweeted about.

The same applies to a 2 minute clip of some house action,it is only a very tiny amount of what is going on and doesn't give the whole picture.

How can a few clips,tweets out of 24/7 hours equate to being Big Brother?
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very few people watch Big Brother, and even fewer people watch Live Feed. It was never going to work.

Only because the channels showing this programme gave up on it themselves and so obviously cannot be bothered with it.

I had such high hopes when C5 took it over ... looks like BB is once again, NOT on my viewing list
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live Feed got me to vote for the first time since BB8.
    I refuse to vote for housemates I barely know or have time to relate to.
    The Live Feed even if it was dull at times got me to see the housemates in a much fuller picture than just on a highlight show where all that is shown,and rightly is the most exciting parts of the day.
    I want to see the slow build up of fights,I want to listen to conversations that allow you to build up a detailed picture of who the housemate is.
    I want to see the full effect of why Jackie Travers broke down rather than it just look like she is moaning over nothing much.

LiveFeed on the net can also see 5 promote themselves with an advert promoting a c5 show each time a viewer opens up the netfeed.
    A small revenue could come from companies who get 24 hour promotion thanks to product placement.( a bottle of hp sauce for example could be clearly shown when anyones in the dining area.)

Subscription fees could be introduced BB basic fee £12.99 for a 24/7 feed as we got with CH4.
    £15.99 Fee for anyone who want an enhanced pass which may include 2 camera feeds and a room where clips are stored to view.
    A Deluxe Pass would be the enhanced pass plus access to CBB feed as well for say £30 .

Consider also giving 1 hour a day free for anyone curious about the feed.
    Use Facebook and Twitter to promote it.

After a month maybe pop in to the BB forums to ask viewers if they are happy with the service.

One important thing for the feed should it come back.
    Allow tasks to be shown on the feed,ch4 used to do so and it always created a buzz but from BB8 they started hacking away at it trying to save bits for HL show and that led to lots of complaints..I know 5 want this show to be a success and try to get it back to the golden era,the live feed is the starting point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not watched BB for a couple of years simply because there was no live feed. I want to make my own mind up on the hm's , not want C5 want me to think. If there is no more live feed I will switch off this series too, simples. xx
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    The thing about the live during the night you're guarantee something is gonna happen when the drink flows, of course who ever made the call to scrap that is a complete fool
  • Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To axe the live feed such a short time into the show proves that they never really wanted it. Simple.
    Forum Member

well said
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I will watch until Sunday, then I will turn off, there is no programme without any live feed at all, that is wy I have not watched for 2 years. Bye bye BB, hopefully a decent channel will get hold of you one day and treat you as C4 did, with respect. :(