Options

Petrol stations selling coffee

Comments

• Options
    technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your Dog Lead thread and now this First world problem (that doesn't exist).

Are you on a broken Britain mission?

To echo what others have said, most cars have cup holders and people don't speed away with piping hot coffee in their hands.

Clearly a wind up.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Your Dog Lead thread and now this First world problem (that doesn't exist).

Are you on a broken Britain mission?

To echo what others have said, most cars have cup holders and people don't speed away with piping hot coffee in their hands.

Clearly a wind up.

I now have a mental image of the OP being traumatised by an incident involving an unleashed dog jumping into a car and hurtling off down the road whilst slurping piping hot coffee and flicking ****-ends out of the window! :o
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And guess what OP, Sometimes the passengers in cars like to drink.... Jeeeeez (rolleyes)
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you really be sure they separate the diesel from the coffee pump properly?
    I get sixty miles per coffee and it's getting a bit pricey
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about tea, Im sick of this coffee culture, theres often no where to find a nice cup of tea if you dont actually want to stop anywhere but a petrol station.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    They are experts in marketing. Not coffee.

Their actual coffee, not syrupy froth is a bucket, is repulsive

What marketing?

Being honest, I doubt you could tell the difference between a Kenyan and a Guatemalan, so forgive me if I don't trust your opinion on their coffee.
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    BIB - Totally agree.

I love a Frappucino from Starbucks, I love their flavoured hot chocolates and some of their flavoured concoctions involving coffee... But their actual coffee is awful.

It's really popular to slag off their coffee, and I'm not sure why, but I like coffee, different coffees will have different flavour notes, and I've tried most of their coffee, it is not awful.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,046
    Forum Member
    Clearly, the Police should be given the power to stop cars and check the temperature of any coffee found to be in the driver's possession. It's the only sensible option.

No, what you need is a sensor that only lets the car start if the coffee in the cup is below a certain temperature (a bit like the built in breathalyser idea that was floated a few years ago).

I'm off to patent that
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What marketing?

Being honest, I doubt you could tell the difference between a Kenyan and a Guatemalan, so forgive me if I don't trust your opinion on their coffee.

Well you've clearly been sucked in!

And please spare me the second comment... Real coffee drinkers do not drink at Starbucks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's really popular to slag off their coffee, and I'm not sure why

Probably because it's revolting?
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you've clearly been sucked in!

And please spare me the second comment... Real coffee drinkers do not drink at Starbucks.

I am not fond of Starbucks coffee either (I prefer to make my own) but what exactly is a "real coffee drinker"?
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    These types of people should be scalded...

.... or even scolded :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not fond of Starbucks coffee either (I prefer to make my own) but what exactly is a "real coffee drinker"?

Someone who likes things like blends and flavours of real actual coffee. The kind who like coffee so strong you can stand a spoon upright in it.

Starbucks is for those people who think thimbleful of weak stuff mixed in with half a litre of cream, syrup, caramel, cinnamon, marshmallows etc. is 'coffee' drinking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just had a lovely cup of this. Much better than what you get in Starbucks but I am certainly not going to berate any person who chooses for themselves to buy coffee there.

http://www.coffee-direct.co.uk/coffee/origin/tanzania
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really popular to slag off their coffee, and I'm not sure why, but I like coffee, different coffees will have different flavour notes, and I've tried most of their coffee, it is not awful.

It is not awful in your opinion, in my opinion it is.

It's not just Starbucks that I slag off, Costa is terrible too. Cafe Nero is bearable but I only use them if there isn't an independent coffee shop nearby.

I'm glad you like Starbucks coffee, and as I said I too enjoy many of their products, but everyone's tastes are different (I'm sure there are many things that taste delicious to me but that you wouldn't like) and to me Starbucks actual coffee falls into the awful category.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone who likes things like blends and flavours of real actual coffee. The kind who like coffee so strong you can stand a spoon upright in it.

Starbucks is for those people who think thimbleful of weak stuff mixed in with half a litre of cream, syrup, caramel, cinnamon, marshmallows etc. is 'coffee' drinking

Real coffee drinkers don't over-extract. They prefer a proper coffee-to-water ratio, and proper grind size to match the brewing method in order to bring out the nuances of the different beans.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If anyone's seen Ricky Gervais' 'Politics' stand-up show there's a bit in there about when he was at Uni and was selecting his options, and comes across a bunch of students who he lovingly refers to as "c***s". I thought of that when I read your post :)

Here's the clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj0U2vZPreY&feature=youtu.be&t=7m42s
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone's seen Ricky Gervais' 'Politics' stand-up show there's a bit in there about when he was at Uni and was selecting his options, and comes across a bunch of students who he lovingly refers to as "c***s". I thought of that when I read your post :)

Here's the clip:

Ballsy post, sir.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here's the clip:

Watching Gervais is about as enjoyable as drinking anything Starbucks.

Gervais is about my definition of a c**t actually :p
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching Gervais is about as enjoyable as drinking anything Starbucks.

Gervais is about my definition of a c**t actually :p

So in other words you are saying "It takes one to know one"? (not that I am saying you are one)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    So in other words you are saying "It takes one to know one"? (not that I am saying you are one)

Exactly! Gervais is just so painfully unfunny in my opinion.

The self-admiration and smugness he has just isn't nice to watch
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    No, what you need is a sensor that only lets the car start if the coffee in the cup is below a certain
    And what if you want to have a coffee two hours later when you are miles away from anywhere you can get one?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    What marketing?

I like Columbian. :)
  • Options
    SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai Clust wrote: »
    How can it possibly be right/legal for drivers to leave petrol stations and hurtle off down fast roads at speed in "charge" of vehicles up to the size of multi ton lorries whilst drinking piping hot coffee? It beggars belief!

That's nothing. I've also heard you can buy explosive liquid at petrol stations - imagine how dangerous that is!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyclad wrote: »
    That's nothing. I've also heard you can buy explosive liquid at petrol stations - imagine how dangerous that is!

Especially if you're a heavy smoker ;-)