Best new series this year?

2»

Comments

• smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can i just say thank you to the large number of you on here who suggested Physcoville, i've had it sitting on my PVR and hadn't watched a single episode, but after hearing the good things here i've just watched the first 3 episodes back-to-back and loved it! Now about to watch 4,5 and 6 ready for the last one tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope Springs
    You Have Been Watching [I know it hasn't been on THAT long but I think its awesome]
    Alan Carr: Chatty Man
    Let's Dance For Comic Relief - Robert Webb, need I say more?? :D
    Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow [If only just for MM and the occasional good guest]
    Whitechapel
    Those Real Crime documentaries that were on ITV
    When did Argumental start?

Another vote for Torchwood for 'best returning'. I'd like to add Mock The Week to that list. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mentalist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Being Human was fantastic, absolutely brilliant, as was Torchwood. The second series of The Inbetweeners was funny, not as good as the first but still great. :D

Also I'm loving Physcoville, I didn't watch it from the beginning, but caught a bit of one episode and decided to watch the others, glad I did now.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Springs. I loved it. Shame if it's not coming back for a second series.

Above Suspicion and Whitechapel were also both very gripping.
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    Torchwood, The Inbetweens and even Psychoville (I thought it would be some annoying League of Gentlemen copy) have been really good. Being Human surprised me too. I initially hated it, although I tagged along with it as my sister had nothing but good things to say about it so she made us watch, and I eventually got sucked in. Favourite America show has been 30 Rock. Tina Fey's great.

I'm waiting to watch True Blood when it arrives on Channel 4, but all the good reviews I'm hearing about it are making me want to view via "other means". Is it worth the wait?
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Springs. I loved it. Shame if it's not coming back for a second series.

Above Suspicion and Whitechapel were also both very gripping.

As with another poster, I have both of these on my PVR but have yet to watch them :o
  • mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easy - Being Human. :)

Best returning show is Torchwood.

Being Human was great but..... the actor who played the Werewolf got on my nerves. Too much of a big girls blouse like David Scwimmer in Friends.

(I'll get my flame proof coat :))
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mychmose wrote: »
    Being Human was great but..... the actor who played the Werewolf got on my nerves. Too much of a big girls blouse like David Scwimmer in Friends.

(I'll get my flame proof coat :))

Noooooo! :eek: Hope you've got that coat on and zipped right up! :D:D:D
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree about "The Take" Outstanding drama. Also Law & Order UK wasnt bad.
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I put the last series of Hustle forward - really brightened up some grey January evenings.

Also really liking the return of New Tricks, Torchwood was cheesy/gripping/emotional/annoying- how is that possible? and another vote for Pyschoville.