Options

Why did Gail Porter pull out?

Anyone know? That's why they had to draft in that daft Playboy Bunny

Comments

• Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she failed the psychology test but i could be wrong on that.
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What - and Gillian passed it :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member

Q. Are you or have you ever been a nutter?

A. Yes

Sorry, you can't go into the jungle then
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    According the news this week she is losing her hair again.

Maybe she didn't want to go incase the stress cotributed to her condition.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According the news this week she is losing her hair again.

Maybe she didn't want to go incase the stress cotributed to her condition.

I heard that as well. If so, I can totally understand why she wouldn't do it. Horrible condition, alopecia, I've had it to the extent of several bald patches about the size of a 10-pence piece, but fortunately the hair grew in again.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Poor Gail, losing her hair again. I think she thought she was over it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    Poor Gail, losing her hair again. I think she thought she was over it.

Very sad to hear that, it is a terrible thing to happen to a woman but Gail even without hair is still a very attractive woman. Hope she recovers soon.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad to hear that, it is a terrible thing to happen to a woman but Gail even without hair is still a very attractive woman. Hope she recovers soon.

Echoes your sentiments!:)
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think DS or The Sun reported on her hair loss, is it possible the cancer came back or is it a natural thing that could happen? Im only 18 so i dont know about cancer before i get started on for beign stupid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    I think DS or The Sun reported on her hair loss, is it possible the cancer came back or is it a natural thing that could happen? Im only 18 so i dont know about cancer before i get started on for beign stupid

She hasn't given a reason why she pulled out of IAC. Chemotherapy is a very strong, nasty chemical treatment for cancer and is not without short and long term side -effects. Many people (but not all) undergoing chemotherapy lose their hair at some stage in the treatment. For some the hair grows back normally, for others it can just be a more sparse regrowth, and for some, little or no regrowth.

As she hasn't said that she is undergoing further treatment, it may just be that she has been very unlucky and that the original treatments had a stronger effect on the hair follicles than first thought. Whatever the reason, she is just as beautiful without her hair as with it!!!

Hope this helps

edit.............I was replying to the poster and forgot that she hadn't had cancer just alopecia
  • Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought her hair fell out due to alopaecia (sp?) like Matt Lucas or Duncan Goodhew not chemotherapy. Has she had cancer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought her hair fell out due to alopaecia (sp?) like Matt Lucas or Duncan Goodhew not chemotherapy. Has she had cancer?

You are right , I have edited my post. The poster mentioning cancer just sent me on the wrong track!
  • Options
    RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    She has not had cancer, she has alopecia.

When she appeared on Mathew Wright's show a couple of weeks ago he asked why she had pulled out. She claimed that she hadn't actually signed up to do it and was undecided up to the last minute and then thought she couldn't be away from her daughter for that long.

I wondered if perhaps she had second thoughts in case the stress of being there sets off another cycle.

:)