Jennys delusions

She imagines her socalled career is over due to that silly task.

Get over yourself love :(

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless you :(

Edit; I mean the OP, not Jenny :)
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member

Odd how you can do comedy and TV shows and act but you can't make up jokes . Moreso when all you have to do is become a very well known character she's seen every day.

Also interesting that good singers who can interpret songs well can also act?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Improv is a totally different skill to acting to a script. There are many classically trained musicians who cannot make up songs or improvise music without seeing it written down.
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she may have low self esteem beneath all that tough tomboy front.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Improv is a totally different skill to acting to a script. There are many classically trained musicians who cannot make up songs or improvise music without seeing it written down.
    I was an actor and I hate improv with a vengeance, it takes a totally different set of skills.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she may have low self esteem beneath all that tough tomboy front.

In that case have a bit of sympathy, crikey. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could never do it and really admire people who can as you have to think on your feet. I love Whose line is it anyway. Much as I hate to admit to this, it seems men are much better at Improvisation as apart from Josie Lawrence there aren't many women who can excel at this.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've seen several over opinionated posts made by yourself. I've got people I like more than others on this show, but I don't hold your level of grudge against any one of them.

Get over yourself mate!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I've seen several over opinionated posts made by yourself. I've got people I like more than others on this show, but I don't hold your level of grudge against any one of them.

Get over yourself mate!

What they said ^^^^^^
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    She seemed to improvise the acted argument well enough and she had the smallest part in the improv
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can understand her feeling a bit embarrassed about it. She's a comedian - it's her job, and she struggled with improvising as she does scripted jokes - there's a big difference.

Also, she's not to know that we were only shown a very small clip - she's probably imagining that the whole thing was being watched by her family and friends. I felt sorry for her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that just illustrates how intense everything becomes in the jungle, there are so few of them, not enough to do or even think about. Jenny is OK, just went OTT at that point. Happens to most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seemed to improvise the acted argument well enough and she had the smallest part in the improv

Yes but there was a plot that they were following, which they had discussed beforehand and there was no set points where she had to say her piece. It was a lot more natural.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So she over-reacted. Big deal. What a trivial thread.
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did impro for several years and yep, it's totally different to stand-up. Some stand-ups don't even write their own stuff & many of the sets they do have been carefully crafted with hours of forethought & practice. Stand ups have the delivery but not all of them can improvise stand-up, let alone improvised comedy.

Just think of someone like Frankie Boyle, extremely funny but most of his one-liners on Mock The Week are ripped straight out of his stage show. He seems to have a limit when it comes to making up new jokes on the spot.

At the other end of the stand-up spectrum, Bill Bailey seems excellent at riffing/improvising funny stuff on the spot but seems to struggle to come up with new material for his stage shows (I saw him perform 10 years apart and 80% of the show was the same act!)

Different people have different strengths.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ive liked jenny in there but i did think that she over did that bit.
    I suppose they are all allowed the odd bit of attention seeking.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny has made loads of funny off the cuff comments since she entered the show, so clearly she doesn't need to have everything scripted for her, but I guess the pressure of doing improv got to her.

Small incident, not worth making an issue of, and shades into insignificance given the amount of laughs, and general spunky attitude, she's given us over the past couple of weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    Ive liked jenny in there but i did think that she over did that bit.
    I suppose they are all allowed the odd bit of attention seeking.

Realistically if you were Jenny you would surely assume that it would be the voice over act that would be shown on tv not the self recriminations afterwards. If she had known that they would show about 1 second of her act she would not have been bothered at all.
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She made far too much fuss about what really was something and nothing.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically if you were Jenny you would surely assume that it would be the voice over act that would be shown on tv not the self recriminations afterwards. If she had known that they would show about 1 second of her act she would not have been bothered at all.

true. she has, on the whole, been fab for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »

Get over yourself mate!

I beg your pardon:confused:

I'm on her side for once
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but there was a plot that they were following, which they had discussed beforehand and there was no set points where she had to say her piece. It was a lot more natural.

Everyone is saying she's not naturally funny which is a shame
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her career has been dead for years... Even if she did have a script to read i still wouldnt find her funny. All she goes on about is her age and looks.
    I prefer comedians who are funny regardless of a script.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    She should have just done a Mckeith and fainted!:D
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babydoll.. wrote: »
    Her career has been dead for years... Even if she did have a script to read i still wouldnt find her funny. All she goes on about is her age and looks.
    I prefer comedians who are funny regardless of a script.

I don't know about that. She never had a prolific career and it seems to jog on medium-successfully. She's done Grumpy Old Women quite recently.

I agree about her going on about her age. It gets on my nerves. I like her apart from that, though. :)