Council Tax Installlments Removed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
Forum Member
I have been late 3 times paying my council tax sometimes only by a week sometimes few days - I have alot on my mind and just have forgot - I want to set up direct debit so it doesnt happen again do you think the council will honour this and let me continue with Installments?

They have sent me a letter today saying I have to pay in full as I have been late 3 times now.

Thanks

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go in and have a chat....most if not all letters generally will be computer generated with zero staff intervention and all they want is to get the money in and DD is normally the easiest way for them as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Thanks - I am hoping if they see I am wiling to DD that I am being honest with my payments
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZeePhilPop wrote: »
    I have been late 3 times paying my council tax sometimes only by a week sometimes few days - I have alot on my mind and just have forgot - I want to set up direct debit so it doesnt happen again do you think the council will honour this and let me continue with Installments?

They have sent me a letter today saying I have to pay in full as I have been late 3 times now.

Thanks
    Thanks - I am hoping if they see I am wiling to DD that I am being honest with my payments

Can I ask how often and when you get paid, if weekly or 4 weekly, you know you can set up a standing order, just as good as a direct debit, but with out them taking the money early

I found my self many times like this, getting told, must pay everthing up front, but I spoke to them, and got things sorted
    Forum Member
    Thank you its monthly yes i wil do standing order if they are ok with me its our 1st time we have had this letter type of letter and it got me worried
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you its monthly yes i wil do standing order if they are ok with me its our 1st time we have had this letter type of letter and it got me worried
    I wouldn't worry about the letter, when I became ill, 2012 I was unable to pay my council tax for 3 months, and the letter they send out, are computer generated, so no one is manly sending them

Took awhile to sort things, at first they weren't any help, but after a financial statement, they were ok, help me when ever possible
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the letter, when I became ill, 2012 I was unable to pay my council tax for 3 months, and the letter they send out, are computer generated, so no one is manly sending them

Took awhile to sort things, at first they weren't any help, but after a financial statement, they were ok, help me when ever possible

Thanks , I can afford to pay I have just been late 3 times so they stopping installments - I cant afford to pay full years tho however and this is what they're asking for.
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Thanks , I can afford to pay I have just been late 3 times so they stopping installments - I cant afford to pay full years tho however and this is what they're asking for.

They won't be asking for the full year. Depending on where you live you will have already paid April, May, June, July, August & September albeit late. You'll only have the remaining 4 payments to settle.
    Forum Member
    They won't be asking for the full year. Depending on where you live you will have already paid April, May, June, July, August & September albeit late. You'll only have the remaining 4 payments to settle.

Yes thats what I meant,and its the last 6 it goes upto feb 2014
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happened to me a while ago.

I just phoned them and asked them to do it that way - it was fine. I think I had to pay it up to date over the phone with a debit card and the next payment came out via direct debit.
    Forum Member
    thanks everyone i feel better - i am upto date just been late 3 times