The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 54)

Comments

• PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    I didn't think anything of Songbird in the semi but I'd happily see it win over the likes of Sanna, Oscar, Anton and Linus.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Songbird is lovely but it also really makes me sad for some reason? Anne says wedding song, I'm going funeral. It's got a really mournful quality to it (but I love it- it's the closest we'll ever get to Joni Mitchell I think!)

Definitely funeral.
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne, your opinions on the songs are similar to mine.. only I adore Helena Paparizou!!

I'd love YOHIO to win.. either him, Alcazar, Helena or Elle and I'm happy..
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is rooting for Songbird? I'll get me coat .... :(

Finally sussed out what it sounds like!

Ellen Benediktson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCnUsInBQws

The Teddy Bears
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSCpzaKwP60

One for the teenagers

Failing Ellen, would have to be Alcazar second, YOHIO (don't judge!) or Ace Wilder - in that order

Really disappointing to me that I don't like Sanna's song, as I think she's a goddess, just that Undo is not anywhere near good enough for her greatness

Oh, and I don't really like Survivor, but love the sassy Helena!

Ha! It does indeed have a feel of the Teddy Bears to it. My problem is I see the title and expect to hear something on a par with Christine McVie's same named treasure of a song, which means it comes up short every time.:kitty:
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    Oh! So really shitty country pop...gotchya....:D

Shush now! I can't help being a sucker for catchy guitar angst! :blush::D
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellinore Holmer's song is really nice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have to say one of Sanna, Alcazar, Helena, Ellen and Anton for me. I love Ace's song but I do worry how they'd manage to transfer it to eurovision if it did win next Saturday.
  • PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton first? I guess this means we definitely won't be seeing him in Copenhagen then! I wonder if he literally just snuck through in the last heat as opposed to the landslide win we all thought, hmm.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helena in Loreens slot :)

Songbirds been buried in that running order.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! It does indeed have a feel of the Teddy Bears to it. My problem is I see the title and expect to hear something on a par with Christine McVie's same named treasure of a song, which means it comes up short every time.:kitty:

Giving all sorts away with that answer Chook - most people would just think Eva Cassidy ;)

With such a distinct lack of ballads so far, it might be a smart move
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've said this many times before and I'll say it again: I don't believe the running order makes the slightest bit of difference in a Melfest final. The nature of the contest means that anyone who cares enough to vote probably already knows all the songs by heart anyway, so none of them really have a chance of being forgotten. Remember Snälla snälla nearly won the televote from slot 2. And performing first didn't do Charlotte Perrelli any harm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giving all sorts away with that answer Chook - most people would just think Eva Cassidy ;)

With such a distinct lack of ballads so far, it might be a smart move

:p Music of my grandparents.;-):D
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member

Ace got the pimp slot, it's gonna happen!!! :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I've said this many times before and I'll say it again: I don't believe the running order makes the slightest bit of difference in a Melfest final. The nature of the contest means that anyone who cares enough to vote probably already knows all the songs by heart anyway, so none of them really have a chance of being forgotten. Remember Snälla snälla nearly won the televote from slot 2. And performing first didn't do Charlotte Perrelli any harm.

Add to that the juries have a big say, and they are much less likely to be swayed by the running order.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to the, so far, confirmed line-up for May, Estonia does sound surprisingly strong, but Poland is really standing out for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been changing around the playlists on my ipod - my list of still-possible entries playlist is now down to only 62, whilst my rejects playlist is up to an incredible 180!

In the absence of gottago - 17 down 22 to go!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are 16/1 now on paddy power really glad I got us at 50/1 :) means nothing much at the moment though but shows how much faith they have after that statement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    We are 16/1 now on paddy power really glad I got us at 50/1 :) means nothing much at the moment though but shows how much faith they have after that statement.

People need to remember that there's just as many shit new artists as shit old ones :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think opening the show did for Hope and Glory.
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Estonia's trying to imitate Euphoria... but fails imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People need to remember that there's just as many shit new artists as shit old ones :p

Yep every rose has its thorn, though I'm sure they picked a goodun :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just been changing around the playlists on my ipod - my list of still-possible entries playlist is now down to only 62, whilst my rejects playlist is up to an incredible 180!

In the absence of gottago - 17 down 22 to go!!

20 to go :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    I see Estonia's trying to imitate Euphoria... but fails imo

Amazing sounds nothing like Euphoria and having dance routines like that has been around a long while just ask Kate Bush
This discussion has been closed.