James on Big Brother

LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
Forum Member
I never watch or even read about BB so didn't even know James was on it until reading various comments on here. So what happened, how did he do? Did he made a fool of himself or anything?

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I never watch or even read about BB so didn't even know James was on it until reading various comments on here. So what happened, how did he do? Did he made a fool of himself or anything?

You could say that, yes...
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    What did he do then? Was he voted out first or did they keep in him to make more if a fool of himself?
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    What did he do then? Was he voted out first or did they keep in him to make more if a fool of himself?

why not go and read some of the Big Brother threads?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »

....or google CBB.

Lol at the username. :D
    Forum Member
    ....or google CBB.

does seem appropriate thanks for pointing it out i hadn't noticed!:D
  • neversaydieneversaydie Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he declared himself "The Brad Pitt of dancing FACT" then denied saying it until the VT was played back.then continued to put his foot in his mouth until the final interview, then complained that first and second did not deserve their positions and continued to put his foot further in his mouth, and now still continues to put his foot in his mouth.
    Oh, and he also said all the dancers on SCD are beige except for him and Anton..
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was a great h/m imo unfortunately some people thought BB was the new Waltons and did not like him. I believe there was a shortage of Lemons during the running of the series.
    Forum Member

Well I tried that before I posted by searching the BB forum for his name but it wasn't very helpful as it is difficult to see how things went by looking on a forum after the event, especially when I didn't know how long he lasted in there or anything about the show really.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Well I tried that before I posted by searching the BB forum for his name but it wasn't very helpful as it is difficult to see how things went by looking on a forum after the event, especially when I didn't know how long he lasted in there or anything about the show really.

He came third so was very popular. A great housemate who with Gary Busey made it an entertaining series.

He was very opinionated which some people like but some people don't.
  • neversaydieneversaydie Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    He was a great h/m imo unfortunately some people thought BB was the new Waltons and did not like him. I believe there was a shortage of Lemons during the running of the series.
    The only Bitter person was "Shimmy Jimmy" as he endlessly whined.Who else could be bitter about him losing.? If he won yes,strange logic.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was rude, obnoxious and tried to goad some of the other housemates into fighting with him, in particular Audley. Harrison. Audley to his credit never bit back.

He was also actively involved in the bullying of Gary Busey.

It's not hard to see why Strictly dropped him after watching him on that, but his fans will tell you that he was just being honest. If being honest is getting in someone's face and goading them on purpose then ill choose dishonesty any day;-)
  • Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found him very arrogant, I had always thought that was a bit of an act on strictly but if BB was anything to go by thats just him. He said it was wrong that Strictly treated the pros equally as some were bigger characters than others (i.e him). I am not sure what he even meant by that, you can't give one pro more time than the others??

The thing that really made me dislike him was his treatment of Gary Busey. He is 70 and had a past head injury. He can't have been easy to live with but the way some of the others treated him made me really quite angry. Like a lot of people I have elderly relatives and I also know someone close to me who recovered from a head injury so it was hard to watch.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    He regularly bullied a brain damaged man. That sums up the sad excuse for a man.
    Forum Member
    ....or google CBB.

Sorry I asked.

Obviously I wanted to know how he got on but I thought it would be good to know from the perspective of Strictly fans as I was thinking they would know more than BB fans as to whether he was acting as expected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    The whole thing kind of worked because I hadn't seen Big Brother for years and the presence of James did sucker me into hate-watching it.

James came across as the type of person who could start an argument in an empty room and then never let it drop. He is the kind of man who can't bear anyone else to be the alpha male and so had to constantly belittle and antagonise Audley and Gary and, thereby, seemed very unsure of his masculinity. He was constantly rude, obnoxious, argumentative and petty while always going on about 'Britishness' and 'the British way of doing things' in a kind of UKIP-y way, while at the same time exhibiting no behaviours that would make one proud to be British.

The specific things I didn't like were him criticising certain women for their unladylike/exhibitionist behaviour and saying Ola would never behave like that. His attitude towards Ola seemed very macho and, given that she does a girly calender every year, he came across as a complete hypocrite. He also advised another contestant to go to a club, pick up a woman and 'smash her back doors in' when he left the house. The way he said this was incredibly misogynistic and aggressive in tone and his most unpleasant moment on the show. He called himself the Brad Pitt of the dance world and, although later claimed this was a joke, anyone who watched it at the time could tell he really meant it. He also said all the dancers on Strictly, with the exception of Anton, were beige and succeeded by knowing how to play the game backstage.

In short, he was a complete cock and gave the impression that he must have been a nightmare to deal with backstage on Strictly because he turned everything into a major drama.
    Forum Member
    He was rude, obnoxious and tried to goad some of the other housemates into fighting with him, in particular Audley. Harrison. Audley to his credit never bit back.

He was also actively involved in the bullying of Gary Busey.

It's not hard to see why Strictly dropped him after watching him on that, but his fans will tell you that he was just being honest. If being honest is getting in someone's face and goading them on purpose then ill choose dishonesty any day;-)

That was weird to watch wasn't it? He would stand in front of Audley and say "i'm not scared of you" then wait until Audley left the room and couldn't hear him before calling him "a c*nt". He continuously tried to rile Audley, i'm amazed and impressed Audley didn't just floor him, I wouldn't have blamed him if he had done. James would be horrendously rude to people and would call it "banter"and say people didn't "get him", but couldn't take any criticism or "banter" when it was directed back at him. His continuous patronising "In Britain we..." homilies made him sound like he was on the hustings for UKIP.

He showed himself to be misogynistic and very aggressive, he contrived with White Dee to pretend to be nice to Gary Busey as they "couldn't get him out by being horrible to him" but that didn't work either so they went back to being nasty.

His "I'm the Brad Pitt of the Dance World, FACT" moment was fantastic as he had no answer when Gary asked him "who told you that?" The highest achievement he could come up with to justify being Brad Pitt was coming second in a Rising Stars competition in Blackpool when he was 19, which frankly made him look a bit sad. He managed to insult every one of the dancers on SCD (except Anton) ......have i missed any of his highlights out?
    Forum Member
    It must be hard for Ola to be on a show that her husband is determined to run down. If she is too enthusiastic he could accuse her of disloyalty. I wonder if her perceived coldness towards Steve is down to James being difficult. He can't be there to monitor their relationship so he is suspicious and controlling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was weird to watch wasn't it? He would stand in front of Audley and say "i'm not scared of you" then wait until Audley left the room and couldn't hear him before calling him "a c*nt". He continuously tried to rile Audley, i'm amazed and impressed Audley didn't just floor him, I wouldn't have blamed him if he had done. James would be horrendously rude to people and would call it "banter"and say people didn't "get him", but couldn't take any criticism or "banter" when it was directed back at him. His continuous patronising "In Britain we..." homilies made him sound like he was on the hustings for UKIP.

He showed himself to be misogynistic and very aggressive, he contrived with White Dee to pretend to be nice to Gary Busey as they "couldn't get him out by being horrible to him" but that didn't work either so they went back to being nasty.

His "I'm the Brad Pitt of the Dance World, FACT" moment was fantastic as he had no answer when Gary asked him "who told you that?" The highest achievement he could come up with to justify being Brad Pitt was coming second in a Rising Stars competition in Blackpool when he was 19, which frankly made him look a bit sad. He managed to insult every one of the dancers on SCD (except Anton) ......have i missed any of his highlights out?

Audley could've floored him easily. I think he riled James so much because James desperately wanted to be the alpha male and too dog and Audley wasn't at all intimidated or impressed by him, he saw James for the egotistical knob that he is.

The fact that none of the pros ever respond to him on Twitter speaks volumes. I don't think he's well liked by them.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I asked

Obviously I wanted to know how he got on but I thought it would be good to know from the perspective of Strictly fans as I was thinking they would know more than BB fans as to whether he was acting as expected.

Don't be !!

I enjoyed him & found him very entertaining !! Shouldn't think that I was on my own - because he came third ;-)
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Don't be !!

I enjoyed him & found him very entertaining !! Shouldn't think that I was on my own - because he came third ;-)

Yes, but look who he beat...George from Gogglebox, White Dee and Edele somebody or another.
    Just because he came third does not mean he had masses of support .and yes, I am another one of the viewers who found him not to be a very likeable character.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Yes, but look who he beat...George from Gogglebox, White Dee and Edele somebody or another.
    Just because he came third does not mean he had masses of support .and yes, I am another one of the viewers who found him not to be a very likeable character.

Yes, the fact he came third did show he had support. I liked him in the show - you didn't. Each to their own opinion.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Yes, the fact he came third did show he had support. I liked him in the show - you didn't. Each to their own opinion.

I did not say he had no support. Obviously he had some but I suspect, not that much, considering who he beat.

But you are right, each to his own..:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't see what there was to like though? Genuinely he had no redeeming features whatsoever, I was prepared to change my opinion of him but if anything it made me dislike him even more,
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I watched it all, he certainly did lol.
    Forum Member
    What I find strange about James on Twitter is that he still goes along with the illusion that the results show is live, as if Ola doesn't tell him the result as soon as she gets to her phone. On a Sunday evening he will often express a sense of surprise or say that he has just found out someone is leaving. I guess even James isn't mean enough to be a spoiler.