fast and furious 7, the best yet!

Comments

• allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took the cousins to watch it at the weekend and as I've never seen any of the films I was expecting a nice 2 hour sleep for myself - however i thoroughly enjoyed it and albeit it being very OTT and with some questionable acting (Nathalie Emmanuel and Vin Diesel) I was gripped from start to end. Will now watch the others to see what I've been missing
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Took the cousins to watch it at the weekend and as I've never seen any of the films I was expecting a nice 2 hour sleep for myself - however i thoroughly enjoyed it and albeit it being very OTT and with some questionable acting (Nathalie Emmanuel and Vin Diesel) I was gripped from start to end. Will now watch the others to see what I've been missing
    More of the same...;-)
  • Maxene_MagaMaxene_Maga Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Just got back from the cinema and must say I loved every minute of it and even shed a tear.

What has everyone else thought?

Love also all soundtracks: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPeC9coO1a96HiI9CIrd1HmKf_BfRldCE
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else find the female hacker a terrible addition? Her character was weak and her acting was awful. I was so disappointed that she joined the gang.

Lucas Black looked like he was in his 40s! Really stupid casting at the time though as he was way too old to play a 16 year old then so it's inevitable he looks ridiculous now.

I think they should have stopped the franchise with this film given the death of Paul.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »
    Lucas Black looked like he was in his 40s! Really stupid casting at the time though as he was way too old to play a 16 year old then so it's inevitable he looks ridiculous now.

Agree with the general point, that LB is most definitely NOT 16, but then, I doubt they were planning 10 years ahead when they originally cast him for TD - at that point they probably thought that they might get a couple more movies out of the franchise and then it would be done.

Pretty sure they'll conveniently forget that he's supposed to be 18 when he comes back for 8 and 9.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the film on Friday and enjoyed it, but my favourite has to be Fast 5.
    I like the tribute to Paul and I was surprised to read on IMDB after I had seen the film how many times they had to use CGI or a body double as I thought most of it was him. The ending scene was the clearest shot of CGI so congrats to the production crew for making it as seamless as possible.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Like some giant burger meal you eagerly gorge on, F7 probably has little nutritional value but by Christ it hits the spot. Bigger, sillier, and with some eye-popping visuals (a clutch of musclecars parachute to earth - Magritte does Top Gear), Dom and his family of multi-cultural reprobates are now at the very top of mainstream entertainment, with its reckless, freewheeling attitude still very much intact. Hurrah.

Also, given the fix the film found itself in, it's remarkable how it avoids anything remotely self-important or overly sentimental. Paul Walker gets a touching send-off that still befits the ethos, proof that when Hollywood puts its sober head on (i.e. when there's a lot of money at stake), it knows what to do. Walker's quiet everyman appeal bought a groundedness to proceedings and he will be missed, as someone in the audience made apparent.

Overall, better than 6, though not as tightly constructed as 5. It sags here and there, and a touch more of Dwayne Johnson was needed (an increasingly engaging presence). But F7 is still a gleeful joyride that leaves you on a high. See you next time, gang. 8/10
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Agree with the general point, that LB is most definitely NOT 16, but then, I doubt they were planning 10 years ahead when they originally cast him for TD - at that point they probably thought that they might get a couple more movies out of the franchise and then it would be done.

Pretty sure they'll conveniently forget that he's supposed to be 18 when he comes back for 8 and 9.

i ddint notice the aging, i was just so happy to see him back

i feel sorry for anyone who was bothered by his aging rather than enjoying his return to the films
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i ddint notice the aging, i was just so happy to see him back

i feel sorry for anyone who was bothered by his aging rather than enjoying his return to the films

The ageing didn't bother me, but I thought it was quite obvious
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    The ageing didn't bother me, but I thought it was quite obvious

Pretty much this.

I really couldn't care less about the ageing myself. Some people just don't like Lucas Black, especially as he replaced PW/VD. Tokyo Drift is one of my favourite movies in the franchise and I see it as great news that LB will be back in the next two films.

That being said, yeah, the ageing is obvious. But then again, if we're griping about the ridiculousness and unrealism of LB as a 16 year old then where do we start with the rest of the movies in the series?! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the film but was disappointed that all of the 'WOW' moments were in the trailers. The car skydiving sequence, Brian jumping from the bus and driving across the skyscrapers were all ruined beforehand. Will try to avoid the trailers for Fast 8.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Seen fast and furious 7 2 times once on my own and the second time with a friend. Enjoyed fast and furious 7 very much Jason Statham great as the villain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Pretty much this.

I really couldn't care less about the ageing myself. Some people just don't like Lucas Black, especially as he replaced PW/VD. Tokyo Drift is one of my favourite movies in the franchise and I see it as great news that LB will be back in the next two films.

That being said, yeah, the ageing is obvious. But then again, if we're griping about the ridiculousness and unrealism of LB as a 16 year old then where do we start with the rest of the movies in the series?! :D

its a shame he was only in one scene but i hear hes signed on for 8 and 9. lets hope so.
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Loved the film but was disappointed that all of the 'WOW' moments were in the trailers. The car skydiving sequence, Brian jumping from the bus and driving across the skyscrapers were all ruined beforehand. Will try to avoid the trailers for Fast 8.

i dont watch trailers for big movies anymore.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculously OTT & far fetched, but absolutely a brilliant way to pass two hours of your life.

Roman was hilarious as ever & the Paul Walker tribute was great.

I was thinking after 6 that they needed to end it at 7 to preserve its legacy, but now I can't wait for 8.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Furious 7 becomes the latest member of the exclusive $1 billion club.

Worldwide: $1,000,554,080.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=fast7.htm
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Ridiculously OTT & far fetched, but absolutely a brilliant way to pass two hours of your life.

Roman was hilarious as ever & the Paul Walker tribute was great.

I was thinking after 6 that they needed to end it at 7 to preserve its legacy, but now I can't wait for 8.

This about sums it up for me. Although it was indeed totally OTT and far fetched it was also hugely entertaining.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    And Furious 7 becomes the latest member of the exclusive $1 billion club.

Worldwide: $1,000,554,080.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=fast7.htm

$1bn in 17 days, not bad going lol.

Does anybody know the film to take a billion in the shortest amount of time?
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    $1bn in 17 days, not bad going lol.

That would be a film called Furious 7 that did it in 17 days.

http://www.slashfilm.com/furious-7-box-office/
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this one was much better than FF6. Though, that's mainly with regards to 'bigger & better action'. The story was another let down - How many times are they going to retrieve a data chip?

Other drawbacks were Shaw's plan; he seemed to exclusively target Dom, and when he had him not really go for it. Also, the Rock becoming a human machine gun was ridiculous.

Beyond that, the film was an improvement and good. Unlike others, I've never cared too much for Walker's character. But it was an ok and deserved send off.
    Forum Member
    Dear Lord, more success:

Biggest film ever in China. Now 5th biggest worldwide. Only third film in history to generate over $1bn outside the US.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Lord, more success:

Biggest film ever in China. Now 5th biggest worldwide. Only third film in history to generate over $1bn outside the US.

Utterly bemusing for me having never seen any of the films and not really recognising the brand at all. Was this huge success for this particular film expected?

Fascinating to see how Avengers 2 now does in the wake of this.
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Was this huge success for this particular film expected?
    It was always a dead cert to be the biggest of the franchise, so it was just a question of how big. But how big it's become has gone way beyond most predictions.

btw - Avengers will do just fine. The first made $1.5bn and this should see that too.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got round to watching this earlier. Ridiculously overblown and over the top, but stupidly entertaining and silly.

Fourth biggest film of all time though?. Really?.

Only another $90 odd million to go and it becomes the third biggest film of all time which is crazy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    people love fast and furious!

i love that only place it didnt top charts was in japan where dragon ball z beat it!

DBZ rules!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's happened. Fast and Furious 7 has become the third-highest grossing film of all time worldwide.

It's taken $1.52 billion, only behind Titanic ($2.18bn) and Avatar ($2.78bn).

Marvel's Avengers Assemble and Age of Ultron are in 4th and 5th place respectively.

In other news Jason Statham is confirmed for F&F8.

That one's called Jurassic World ;-)